• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You are invited to register for the MAG Beta

bryehn

Just got an e-mail from PSN. Registration does not guarantee participation. I don't think this is a GAP promo.

bryehn

Quite a few questions on that registration page, hope I get in.

I should mention that the e-mail had a code that you use to access the registration page, so unfortunately it's not an open sign-up. It DID say they'd be adding people in waves though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I seem to get an assload of emails from Sony, but never get beta offers. I usually have to find other ways of getting in. Hopefully I receive one soon.

Nizz

NameGenerated said:
All I need to know is my NAT type...what is the most common one?
They ask for NAT type? I'm NAT 3, which is seen as the worse? I wonder if that would have an effect on you getting in on this or not (didn't get an e-mail).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
NameGenerated said:
All I need to know is my NAT type...what is the most common one?
Type 1 = Open direct connection to the internet (i.e. no router involved)
Type 2 = Open routed connection to the internet (router in the mix with all required ports open)
Type 3 = Firewall blocking some or all required ports

Most people use a router so 2 is the most common one.

I just got the email. At this point, it's just an invitation to fill out a questionnaire. Now that that's done, I guess I'll sit back, see if I get accepted, and then profit.

Thanks for the tip, I just checked my e-mail and signed up.
I honestly wonder if theyread all the little text windows from all the people who send them.

Flunkie

Banned
After filling it out:

"Thank you for your interest in the MAG Public Beta. If you are accepted into the MAG Public Beta you will receive an e-mail with further instructions. Please note, we will be adding people in waves and so if you do not receive an invite for the first wave you may still be invited in a following MAG Public Beta wave. Please do not register again, you only need to register once for the MAG Public Beta to be eligible for all waves of the MAG Public Beta."

Nizz

keyrat said:
Hmm, I applied. Why not?

I did see this gameplay footage though, and I thought it looked a little stale. Maybe it's the fact that the way the guy holds the rifle looks so unnatural to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiKiaIeny7w
That's one thing that's bugged me for a while. It just looks kinda off. The game looks promising, it's trying something a little different with having 256 players. Should make you feel like you're a part of something way bigger...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Union Carbine said:
I just got the email. At this point, it's just an invitation to fill out a questionnaire. Now that that's done, I guess I'll sit back, see if I get accepted, and then profit.

Selling betas is against the terms. Plus it'll probably be tied to your PSN account.

Wario64 said:
Selling betas is against the terms. Plus it'll probably be tied to your PSN account.
Dammit, I'll just have to push my Mumbai WoW gold farmers that much harder then! Daddy needs a new pimp cane! ;)

Top Bottom