• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can either go into the future or past; where do you go?

Dark Star

It's tempting to simply go back to 1970 America and just enjoy the next 30 years in a less modernized world that was absolutely the best of times to be alive (no cellphones, no internet, people were cool, movies were good, music was good, etc). I'd go see all the GOAT bands live in concert from the 70's, 80's and 90's, chill somewhere in NY or Cali and "people-watch" all day at bars, clubs, city areas, beaches, skate parks, etc.

I can't imagine going back any farther than that. Too much racism, wars, etc. Plus, the lack of air conditioning and other stuff we take for granted in the modern age would make it kind of miserable. Imagine going back to witness Johann Sebastian Bach live in concert, but shortly after you realize there is no legitimate public toilet or bathroom lol. Same thing with going back to Renaissance era Italy, or even what we call Ancient Egypt. Beyond that? Seeing dinosaurs totally peaks my interest. I could probably survive a few minutes in "Jurassic World" before noping the fk out of there lol. In all of those situations I'd have to have the option to time travel back to the modern realm.

The future seems kind of bleak right now, and I don't have enough faith in humanity to fast forward 1000 years from now (3020). It could be like Idiocracy, and the everyone is just dumber and more diseased than they are now. Or it could be like Star Trek, and everything is extremely advanced and clean. Either way, I probably wouldn't be able to comprehend the amount of progress (or de-evolution) that has happened since the present.

Last edited:
You guys going back into the past is silly . Just let the past , be a past .

For me I would go to 3020 and .... find out the earth is already abandoned as a wasteland :messenger_grinning_squinting:

The benefit of the past is knowing where you'd be going versus the uncertainty of the future. Would be cool to see if Atlantis existed, if Roswell happened.

rykomatsu

Do I get to come back to 2020 and how much time before I can come back? Or is it one-way and am I stuck observing until the end of my life?

If it's one-way, I'm staying put.

Last edited:
Do I get to come back to 2020 and how much time before I can come back? Or is it one-way and am I stuck observing until the end of my life?

If it's one-way, I'm staying put.

You can come back when you choose to and yes, you return to the exact moment you time traveled. Observe as long as you wish.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
2DE.jpeg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
These rules don't make time travel very appealing. I guess I'll pick Hadrian's Wall but I probably wouldn't bother going anywhere if I can't somehow gain from it.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sorry if you go back in time with 2020 money especially plastic notes it would impossible, unless you find 200 pounds in older money.
I've often wondered about time travel and that's always been the flaw I've saw.

Time travel is complicated, but I guess I'd have to go back to 2015, kill my past self, then have access to all my bank cards in 2015 with the current money.

Thurible

The past, 1096CE to see the beginnings of the first Crusades. Also I would like to see Cahokia in it's hay day if its ok to teleport from Europe to North America.

If I could change history and not be an observer my answer would be different.

Kadayi

Banned
I'd go back to August 2015 and place a £200 bet on Leicester City winning the PL title. The current odds at the time were 5000/1 , so I would have won enough money to buy a house outright and live a comfortable life.

I'd try upping that £200 to around £5000, or alternatively just buy a bunch of bitcoin when they were peanuts.

Atrus

Gold Member
The past is known. A place for historians and archeologists.

I’d rather go forward into the far future and adventure it’s great unknowns.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Why the hell you want to go to the past

I want to go to the future and get to play Playstation 6 and Xbox Sex first than the rest of you guys

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Going back in time being a kid again xD

- Waiting for Google (buy google shares early)
- Waiting for Apple (buy Apple Share early)
- Waiting for Bitcoin (sell all shares and put everything in Bitcoin)
- Waiting for Bitcoing to go up from 0,05 Cent to 10.000 Euro.
- Sell all bitcoin
- Take over the world

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The far future. The past is much less interesting. If I had to go to the past though, I'd go to the time where Diplodocus was alive.
Going back in time being a kid again xD

- Waiting for Google (buy google shares early)
- Waiting for Apple (buy Apple Share early)
- Waiting for Bitcoin (sell all shares and put everything in Bitcoin)
- Waiting for Bitcoing to go up from 0,05 Cent to 10.000 Euro.
- Sell all bitcoin
- Take over the world
No interaction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom