• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You ever shovel food into your mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apesh1t

Banned
I was eating this rice and chicken thing like a dope. The plate was sitting on my table and I was lowering my fork into the food, scooping some up then bringing the fork to my mouth. I then got the brilliant idea of putting the plate to my lip and simply shoveling all that into my mouth with the fork. I'm a time saving genius.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Only if there's little bits and pieces at the end that I can't scoop up. Then it's scrape to a central area and shovel down.

*Edit, Taco knows it.

hao chi

I pretty much only do this towards the end of a meal when there's hardly any food left, so it's hard to get onto my fork. I usually only do this if it's something really delicious, and I only do this at home, never in public.

jaxword

R3TRODYCE

Only in public to show the ladies that I know how to hold my own in case I ever have to defend her honor in an eating face off.

I've never used that method. When there is only a little bit of food left on my plate thats hard to scoop up, I may use a finger to assist the food onto the fork.

smr00

Banned
If i go like all day without eating anything for breakfast/lunch i will fucking devour whatever i can get my hands on.

Sometimes i don't even chew the food i just inhale it. I will just scoop the shit into my mouth and gulp. Other then that scenario i never shovel into my mouth.

Raika

Only when there is a bit of food left on the plate, since I'm obsessed with finished everything on my plate. Doing that with a plate full of food and risk getting it all over your face and shirt and pants and table and everywhere is rather foolish.

I was eating this rice and chicken thing like a dope. The plate was sitting on my table and I was lowering my fork into the food, scooping some up then bringing the fork to my mouth. I then got the brilliant idea of putting the plate to my lip and simply shoveling all that into my mouth with the fork. I'm a time saving genius.

Fuck yeah bro, all the time. How else are yousupposed to get every grain of rice?

Burt

I've made fun of a lot of people for doing that sort of thing. But not even bringing the plate up, lowering their face down to the table. It's like their some sort of human garbage disposal that just gets food shoveled in, and it's a pretty foul habit.

That I'm guilty of occasionally with the last couple bites of rice/cereal/salad, but never in public.

joe2187

Banned
I will shovel

I will lick the plate

I will make out with the plate and the fork while the spoon watches and smothers itself in it's own juices.

And then we'll get wet with a nice glass of water.

And if it happens to be ribs, I will fucking have sex them.

I once bent over like a chicken over a plate of tiramasu at Olive Garden and fit it all into my mouth. My sister dared me after I said I could probably eat it all in one bite.

I won.

The only time I go past proper high-class dining manners is when I come out of the sauna kind of drunk and do some grilling.

The carnivore is unleashed.

How are you saving time if you still have to chew? Just time it so that the next spoonful of food hits your mouth as soon as you finish chewing the previous mouthful. Eating can be a zen activity.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I do this but I actually, if you can believe, make it even worse. I actually lower my mouth down to the level of the plate (when it's laying on the computer desk or bed), then shovel. I've even gone as far as having my face pointed towards the ceiling and brushing food off the plate and into my mouth like it's falling off a cliff--although that was pretty much just for my own amusement. I'm sorry, please don't belittle me for telling the truth here. I already know that I am genetic garbage.

Edit: also plate licking every time

Marda

Neo Member
I've always been the first one done at the table, my mother says I may get it from my grandfather who picked up the habit of eating fast during ww2; I always ate with him from ages 1-8, and she assumes that it's how I picked up his "habit," not sure of the validity but it would explain a lot. It varies, I eat fast, but I also take huge bites. Hot Dogs are normally gone within 2 bites, 3 if it's loaded with veggies, pieces of pizza, 2-4, incredibly fast, most pizza pieces are gone in less than a minute. Now, I assume this is normal, but everyone gives me hell for it.

My SO helps me and encourages me stopping, but it's hard.

Aadil

Banned
Ive learnt to do it since living in china.

I dont see anything wrong with it as with certain meals (plus chopsticks0 you have to do it...like noodles for example.

Take your snobbish dining etiquettes elsewhere.

Kozak

Banned
Isnt it good manners in Chinese culture or something to lift the bowl up close to your face and shovel/slurp that stuff down?

I never though.

Alpende

No. Although I like eating chicken wings and stuff like one of the first human beings to ever taste meat.

Like a Neanderthal. That's the word I was looking for.

I have a confession gaf.
Sometimes when I'm by myself i occasionally eat more than one french fry at a time...

It was good knowing you, what a pathetic way to get banned. Sick.

And for the question, the only time I do something resembling this is with Chicken Fried Rice. And even then it's mostly when the fork is being ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom