• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You have been gifted one wish.

StueyDuck

So a genie or some shit, I don't know, make up your own cheesy story.

Basically you are allowed to bring back one studio from the dead to keep making games like they use to (not one particular sequel)

Who do you bring back and why?

Basically name some of their games, give us reasons why you miss them, what you could see them making now etc.

Some caveats, the studio can't be renamed or rebranded ie: free radical is basically dam busters now. Dma design is Rockstar. The studio can't still be alive but you don't like their games, take that bone and pick it elsewhere...

So my toss up was between either factor 5 or pandemic studios.

But I think I'm going to say factor-5, we don't get much flight arcade shooters anymore, with ace combat really being the last standout. It's a shame that lair kind of killed them on ps3 and Basically motion controls did it.

We all know and love the rogue squadron games, so much so that even in the shitfest that is Disney star wars announcements, just hearing the name brought me back to being a kid.

Their work on GameCube was something special, incredible art and sound design, I think we all remember that death star opening level. Truly one of the greats.

What is a pity however is that it did sound like the owner was a bit of a cock and created alot of the problems that ended up causing the shuttering, at least that was my memory of what happened 🤔

And finally where would they be now? Well Nintendo keeps fucking up starfox... factor 5 would have nailed it

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Studio Liverpool. At least without putting a ton of thought into it.

Great studio with great games and as a lover of racing games would give a lot of value to the PlayStation brand. Liverpool could bring back Wipeout, and maybe even reboot series like Motorstorm. I would love to have seen them try to produce a Horizon style racing game as well.
There's always room for Wipeout.

But now mentioning motorstorm reminds me of evolution

Sleepwalker

To be honest I only knew them for their GameCube output.

Never played too human

Weren't they a cgi house originally or something like that
I dont know, but I liked both eternal darkness and twin sneks.

To be fair its the first thing that came to mind when you said dead studio, not reformed, rebranded, absorbed etc.

I guess Telltale?

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I'm mean, not fully dead but I'd like the 90's id Software, Inc. back. Why? Why not? I can think of three reasons and all at their best on PC: Quake, Wolfenstein and Doom. There you go.

Last edited:

DeathGuise

I would wish for Denis Dyack to man up and admit that he wasn't as smart as he thought he was, and stay under the tutelage of Nintendo and Miyamoto. Their two GCN games were amazing

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
WARHAWK

giphy.gif

Draugoth

Gold Member
So a genie or some shit, I don't know, make up your own cheesy story.

Basically you are allowed to bring back one studio from the dead to keep making games like they use to (not one particular sequel)

Who do you bring back and why?

I dont care for any of these studios.

Give me the Lottery Numbers and i will make my own game developer with hookers and cocaine.

Naked Lunch

My five:
Team Andromeda - Panzer Dragoon Lives
Sega AM2 - Sega Racing Lives

Treasure - what the hell happened to these guys? Havent been active since the wii. Still my favorite collection of games by any dev - their gameplay is just too good. Though I thought I might have seen they have something planned for an aniversary - perhaps a sequel to Radiant Silvergun?

DICE from the Battlefield 2 PC days - the future of this series looked so bright back then - gone to total crap. Complex and strategic. The series has been dumbed down beyond belief ever since - when back then, I would have thought the exact opposite.

Team Silent - enough of the wannabe Silent Hill cover bands.

Last edited:

phant0m

VALVe or BioWare

I would've said Blizzard but D4 is really good and the best thing they've made since SC II

Last edited:
Top Bottom