• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You must be great at parties"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
OP got burned up real fast damn lol

MWOYNZE.gif

Floridian

Context is everything and now people sarcastically think you're not great at parties. It's okay, when I host a party you can come to it if you want to.

lightus

To be honest I've only heard the phrase being thrown when one makes a killjoy statement, not an intellectual one.

Yeah this. Ex:

"Hey man, want to go see Chappie later?"

-"Sorry, I don't watch movies with nonsensical points. Plus Die Antwoord is a scourge of the Earth who only strengthens negative stereotypes of South Africans. Also, I don't 'get' motion pictures."

"...Wow, you must be great at parties"

Don't do this. Try this instead:

-"No thanks, I'm having a party later. It'll have 3 bounce houses and candy necklaces but instead of candy it's E"

"Wow! You must be great at parties!"

You're welcome OP.

The M.O.B

Where is that thread where the OP absolutely refused to play Mario Kart at a party because Crash Team Racing was the superior game or some crap.

Yeah this. Ex:

-"Sorry, I don't watch movies with nonsensical points. Plus Die Antwoord is a scourge of the Earth who only strengthens negative stereotypes of South Africans. Also, I don't 'get' motion pictures."

"...Wow, you must be great at parties"

Don't do this. Try this instead:

-"No thanks, I'm having a party later. It'll have 3 bounce houses and candy necklaces but instead of candy it's E"

"Wow! You must be great at parties!"

You're welcome OP.

Or....

"Hey, you want to go see Chappie?"

"No thanks, I'm not really feeling it."

"Ah, okay."

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
To be honest I've only heard the phrase being thrown when one makes a killjoy statement, not an intellectual one.
This I could understand, and the condescending tone in my OP is admittedly along these lines. I've never actually met anyone who goes around talking like that to people in public unless they're pissed off, though. I've tended to hear it when people make innocently intellectual statements, so... mileage may vary?

trixx

I don't think its warranted unless someone is going really overboard with it. But i mean if, the discussio initally was revolving around a given topic and your just putting down some knowledge then I don't see why anyone would respond like that.

Some people are just real snarky though.

DrNeroCF

It seems to me, were I to encounter the OP in a merry social gathering, his company would not aid in spreading the usual joy found in such a setting.

But seriously, I don't think I've ever seem someone use this just because someone else is disagreeing with them.

dekline

what does it mean to be great at parties anyway. everyone is just drinking and tooting lines. most guests are pale and drenched in sweat. can't even form a sentence. fuck hard is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom