• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You need to vote for GoT to win the Player’s Voice Award!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
AmusedSilentIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

People are voting GoT to counter TLOU2 from winning, I mean look at this topic in question, that's not a legit victory imo. Not that I think TLOU2 should win, people are voting that game because of their social justice agendas, again not a legit victory. Nobody votes for story or gameplay anymore, it's all political.

Last edited:

Illo

Voted for Ghost of Tsushima. I really want Hades to win, but I never played it, so it felt weird wanting to vote for the indie underdog.

While I enjoyed TLOU2, it was a game I felt exhausted playing and just wanted it to end. It made Ellie extremely unlikable and I just simply disliked Abbie at the end of the day for just being unlikable. So two main characters, and I hate both of them until the very end. The game play felt shallow, the world's exploration felt limited to the first few moments of the game. And overall it was just a painful experience to continue playing and seeing these characters make worse and worse decisions to such a unsatisfying ending.
I felt punished for trying to finish the game or trying to like it.

Ghost was the most fun I had exploring in a game in a long time. Jin is likeable, I love customizing my loads for each circumstance. I felt such an attraction to all the characters and their stories. I felt like a actual Samurai and I'm stoked to see where the game can go in the future.

Ghost just felt rewarding to play all the way to the end. And in a shit year like 2020, feeling good about playing a game, at least to me, means way more then a game like TLOU2 where it felt like a never ending punishment to myself and played into my panic attacks and anxiety.

Warablo

People are voting GoT to counter TLOU2 from winning, I mean look at this topic in question, that's not a legit victory imo. Not that I think TLOU2 should win, people are voting that game because of their social justice agendas, again not a legit victory. Nobody votes for story or gameplay anymore, it's all political.
I voted for GoT because its more fun. Tlou 2 was good, but has horrible story pacing issues. Don't care about the other stuff.

Last edited:
Honestly, the biggest standout game of the year for me was Jedi: Fallen Order. No one even expected it to be good and it surprised everyone with an excellent story, beautiful visuals and great gameplay. Everything on the official list pales in comparison to it in my opinion.

Aenima

I voted for GoT beacuse it was really my GOTY. One of the most gorgeous open worlds i seen, loved the aproach to open world exploration with minimal UI elements. Combat was super satisfying. Its really hard to find good melee combat outside japanese games, and Sucker Punch nailed a very satisfying katana combat.

Last edited:

itsArtie

In my opinion - TLOU beats GoT in world design/graphics, but GoT beats TLOU in story and gameplay, that's why I voted GoT.

Larlight

To be honest, when you have to make a thread to persuade or push people to vote for a certain title, it kind of removes the genuineness of the award.

Voted for Tlou2.

I hope this forum doesn't become the antithesis of the other forum just for the sake of being opposite. I enjoyed the concept of this just being an open free ideal space, not heavily moderated. Makes it look much more interesting and introspective instead of being just as obnoxious but in the opposite way.

Last edited:

iorek21

GoT would always be my first choice since I'm a big Japan/Assassins Creed sucker.

TLOU2 is great too, a fucking big technical marvel. Its biggest problems are pacing and some of the story choices, which ultimately spoils the enjoyment for a lot of people.

[Sigma]

Play-Station-Ghostof-Tsushima-2020.png
They bringing it home. Didn't think it would get there at first yesterday when I voted. It was either Ghost or Hades for me. I guess the multiplayer in Ghost help edge it out in my mind, maybe. Hades is officially my favorite Supergiant game now tho(previous was Transistor). Can't speak on TLOU2 as I haven't found the time to play it yet. Nor games like Animal Crossing:NH.

Last edited:

Kerotan

TLOU2 followed by Days gone and Warzone my GOTY. DG can't be voted obviously.

On the prologue for Ghost now and I'll play spiderman next month so can't comment.

Ten_Fold

FF7R was probably the best game of the year imo TLOUS2 was a let down, an I love demon’s souls, but the remake hasn’t been out long enough, eh I guess GoT.

No. I’m okay with either GoT or TLOU2 winning. GoT is my personal GOTY but I won’t be mad if TLOU 2 wins, both are great IMO.

Last edited:
If you piss off your audience so much that they vote against you out of spite you deserve to lose.

Personally, I think GoT is the better game. Despite having the same progressive agenda. At least it's not so on the nose and the devs didn't disrespect their audience.

Atrus

Gold Member
I didn't even know it went multiple rounds so I voted for TloU2 then and now. If TLoU2 loses to GoT then it's fair as both are excellent games.
The only losers are the ones voting against TLoU2 because of some anti-progressive canard they've built up that isn't really true of the final game.

OneBigPuss

I had an amazing time from beginning to end with Ghost of Tsushima and thats why im voting for it.Not out of spite because that just ridiculous even tho for me tlou 2 is a huge disappointment.

yunkaiza

Already voted for Doot Eternal which has blown me away (playing it right now for the first time) not played GoT yet but I would've probably voted for that instead if I didn't play Doom. Fuck TLOU2.

Kagey K

Banned
Doom Eternal is losing anyway so I voted for GoT.
Well it’s not going to win if everyone doesn’t vote it because it’s losing.

That’s some fucked thinking right there. You would rather be on the winning team? Or vote what you want?

What if everyone else that wanted to vote Doom did the same thing? It should be the clear winner, but nobody voted it so it wasn’t.

Amiga

Thanks for answering. Fanboys need to get a grip, nobody knows these acronyms except you, GoT is Game of Thrones that everyone knows for example. Not that everyone praises The Last of Us 2 but at least you won't be confusing TLOU2 with something else.

True gamers can understand the difference between GOW and GOW

Top Bottom