• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You need to vote for GoT to win the Player’s Voice Award!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I voted for GoT because it simply was my favorite game of the year. To be honest, I've yet to play TLoU2 but I didn't play it because I never finished the first game in the series. I tried three times and I stopped playing after a few hours every time. The game never grabbed me - unlike GoT which I loved right from the start.

I voted GoT because I'm playing it now. I'm not done (because of school) but it's absolutely my GOTY.

If you voted for TLOU2, your opinion is bad, and you should feel bad.

Raonak

Banned
I voted for TLOU2 because I liked it more.

But either way, both GOT and TLOU2 being the voted the best games this year is a good look for playstation. They're killing it in the games department.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Thanks for showing us one random store shelf taken in December which is about 6 months after the game released?

I mean... my shop has a full row and a half of the same deal, il snag a photo next time I'm in...

This is not random, this is CEX in the UK a prime time second hand retailer, there's a joke that you can gage if something is shit by how many shelves it has in CEX the following week. Please note, this is not normal, as normally excesses is shipped to other stores, unless they have banned shipping due to excess everywhere, as they are UK wide this would mean most CEX's will have a similair amount on there shelves.

Well it’s not going to win if everyone doesn’t vote it because it’s losing.

That’s some fucked thinking right there. You would rather be on the winning team? Or vote what you want?

What if everyone else that wanted to vote Doom did the same thing? It should be the clear winner, but nobody voted it so it wasn’t.

I already voted for Doom Eternal in the goty and other rounds as well as steam awards and whatever else my dude, relax. There were like 5 hours left in that poll and GoT had 45% and Doom had like 7%. Not even a miracle could save it, besides GoT is just as great.

Dunki

Glad GOT won this award. Now lets Hades win the GOTY by the critics and everyone will be fine. I wish it could be ghost but I really doubt it. So at leasst it is not TLOU2

Last edited:
There is no wining with tlou2 with some of you . If it wins its paid , if it loses its cause its bad haha.
GoT was at 47% votes and tlou2 was at 32% with less than 6 hrs left. It had no chance of coming back, idk how in your mind that turned into there is no winning with tlou2 with some of you lol. The victim mindset is strong with this one.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I decided not to vote for anything because award ceremonies don't mean anything.

I enjoy what I enjoy, and I hate what I hate, if someone wants to pick up a trophy looking smug about that fact, it means nothing to me.

I believe the greatest game I have played in my lifetime so far is Ar Tonelico 2, some people might agree, a hell of alot will disagree, the fact is has not won anything does not change that fact for me.

HOWEVER, The Last of Us 2 fucking sucks dude, what the hell is half this thread on about? Did Covid result in all the insane asylums just letting the loonies free?

cHaOs667

@OP: lol, no.

1. Hades
2. Doom Eternal (it's Doom man)
3. GoT

For the other two games, I don't care. Beside the story, TLOU2 is just "more of the same" for me. The new Spider Man is something I haven't even thought about it.

And i've played other games way more this year, like Stellaris Console Edition (even I already owned it on PC) which I love and hate at the same time.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Isn't the viewers vote only like worth 10% or something?
The last of us 2 has basically taken this just based on the panel and their reviews of the game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Poor DOOM Eternal getting wrecked, but expected as it's not a game for everyone and even a divisive one among it's fans.

I'm too lazy to login and vote, so I'll vote with my heart instead and give it to Yakuza 7.

Because come on, a game that allows me to beat the shit out of SJWs and PC people? Gotta be GOAT.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It has its own category now called voters choice

Ohh I didn't know that.
Does it matter anywhere near as much as goty and/or any other award?

P.S I would have voted for Ori anyway.
But Ghost deserves something.

Top Bottom