• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your BIGGEST GAME of 2022?

What's your biggest game of 2022?

• Elden Ring

Votes: 100 28.2%
  • Horizon Forbidden West

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • Starfield

Votes: 67 18.9%
  • God Of War Ragnarok

Votes: 79 22.3%
  • Ghostwire Tokyo

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Breath Of The Wild 2 (untitled LOZ sequel)

Votes: 43 12.1%
  • Forspoken

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Stalker 2

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • Senua's Saga: Hellblade II

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Another (see thread)

Votes: 18 5.1%

• Total voters

Labadal

My top ten most wanted games, in no particular order:
Triangle Strategy
H2x1_NSwitch_TriangleStrategy_image1280w.jpg
triangle1.jpg
project-triangle-strategy.jpg
project-triangle-strategy-world-map.jpg

Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game

Call of Saregnar

SKALD: Against the Black Priory

Archaelund

DUAL GEAR

Project Haven

ELEX II

Monomyth

Lost Eidolons

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Well, fuck me. There are some great looking games there! SKALD and Colony Ship instantly have my attention. Recently bought Elex 1 on Xbox for like 5 bucks. The only one I knew of before hand was Tirangle Strategy.

Wish we had a dedicated thread to these kinds of "unknown" titles. Would have missed these games entirely if it wasn't for your post.

Vagswarm

Starfield by far. It's been a long time since I played a new Bethesda open world singleplayer RPG. But with it being so close to 2023, I suspect it will get delayed.

Yoboman

Im about 90% certain gow ragnarok isnt coming in 2022
Based on what though? We've seen as much or more from it than most of the games on that list, and the delay from 2021 to 2022 was because the voice actor for Kratos got sick not cause of issues with the game

The only reason people are not picking Starfield over the others it's because, you know... Bethesda acquisition.
You shouldn't have added "acquisition" to the end of that sentence. People aren't picking Starfield because of Bethesda Games Studios, not because of Microsoft. If anything, the acquisition has given Bethesda a bit of a reputation bump. Don't forget that people were really down on Bethesda before MS bought them.

Sentenza

It's a close matchup between Elden Ring, STALKER 2 and quite possibly Baldur's Gate 3 as far as I'm concerned.
I thought I would be hyped for "Marvel XCOM"/Midnight Suns, but the recent reveal was pretty fucking underwhelming.

I'm curious like a monkey about Starfield, but it's Bethesda Game Studios so in the end I go in expecting fucking nothing.

Last edited:
Dying Light 2.

If it's got as much content as the first one, it should keep me busy for the whole year.
I just cannot accept that this game is ever coming out until it's actually installed and booting up in front of my face. It's already been 3 years since they announced it, and it will be 7 full years between games if it actually launches next year. I'm sure they're having trouble getting it to run smoothly. Dying Light never did run properly, especially in co-op.

intbal

I just cannot accept that this game is ever coming out until it's actually installed and booting up in front of my face. It's already been 3 years since they announced it, and it will be 7 full years between games if it actually launches next year. I'm sure they're having trouble getting it to run smoothly. Dying Light never did run properly, especially in co-op.
Did you play DL on PC?
It ran fine for me on an Xbox One S. Low resolution, yes. But the performance was perfectly acceptable.

As for DL2, I doubt performance is the problem. More likely an internal culture war at Techland has thrown development into turmoil.

Did you play DL on PC?
It ran fine for me on an Xbox One S. Low resolution, yes. But the performance was perfectly acceptable.

As for DL2, I doubt performance is the problem. More likely an internal culture war at Techland has thrown development into turmoil.
Played it on a PS4 Pro, and was kind of a disaster when you played online.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Simple question, what's your biggest game of 2022?

What are you personally really looking forward to playing?

I've put the obvious AAA titles on the poll but feel free to add a title below.

We're all here because we love gaming so let's share our passion for 2022!

JbsVPgB.png
The only ones there that interest me are:

Wonderlands
Star Wars Lego
Starfield
Elden Ring
Zelda BOTW2

Mozzarella

Elden Ring by far.
The only one that comes close is Starfield and that is because its looking like a new fresh IP.
God of War 2 is looking like a basic sequel, so nothing to get very excited about.
Stalker 2 is a risky sequel, that follow the usual stuff like open world, post apocalyptic setting etc etc.
Breath of the Wild 2 just looks like a minor improvement.
And i didnt like Horizon that much to be interested in playing the sequel.

So all that is left is Elden Ring and Starfield.

Elden Ring is made by Fromsoft who rarely misses, its also a new world with new mechanics and its coming soon with trailers too so thats my pick.
Starfield as i said is looking fresh but its made by Bethesda and they are recently terrible in making great games, we also didnt see anything about it except for quick teaser lol. So thats why its not my pick despite having interest in what they are making.

OneMoreDay

Neo Member
Hogwarts Legacy has the potential to really resonate with me. If the gameplay's entertaining, it'll be a huge part of my gaming year, that's for sure.

I also have high hopes for Sea of Stars, the next game from the developers behind The Messenger. This is of course a smaller title than most of the ones discussed in this thread, but it looks reeeeeeally good from the teasers and artwork they have shared to far.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

I think Horizon: Forbidden West will be the most improved sequel.

But hard year to pick just one.

ZZpsJo3.jpg

Cross gen has really sapped my hype for this one. I didn't want to see it running on 8 year old hardware, much rather they'd gone all out and made it the 'next gen launch title' we've all been waiting for.

I still don't feel like we've had that game yet.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Elden Ring looks the most impressive so far.

God of War Ragnarok & BOTW look very simmilar to the original sadly.

I firmly believe that BOTW 2 is getting delayed to 2023.

Last edited:

GC_DALBEN

I lot of good games on that list and I'll play them all, but Elden Ring is on another lvl, can't wait to play, it's the only game on that list that is a must play for me.

There’s not really much significant info on Starfield, and who knows what’s happening with Metroid Prime 4, so the only concrete game I have to get hyped about is Elden Ring. From hasn’t done me wrong yet, so I’ll gladly get their latest game day 1.

Starfield for sure. Also I'm telling myself over and over I don't need to get a ps5 JUST for Forbidden West, but we'll see how long that holds out when it comes out.

.Pennywise

Banned
You shouldn't have added "acquisition" to the end of that sentence. People aren't picking Starfield because of Bethesda Games Studios, not because of Microsoft. If anything, the acquisition has given Bethesda a bit of a reputation bump. Don't forget that people were really down on Bethesda before MS bought them.
Yeah that's why they just released a GOTY contender... Oh wait!

Top Bottom