• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your craziest moments in multiplayer sessions

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Last edited:
Nothing that exciting to be honest. Just people messaging me over PSN being passive aggressive and crying accusing me of cheating and threatening to report me lol, because my K/D was good in a BF5 match.

bitches be crazy GIF by Girls on HBO

Had a guy in Hunt: Showdown scream "YOU FUCKIN SUCK SHIT'S GON---" over proximity chat the other day. His sentence was cut short into deafening silence because I headshot him with an insultingly bad weapon.

He then messaged me via PSN to call me trash and lucky. It was beyond satisfying. I clipped it and sent it to the entire Hunt General Discord.

Had a guy in Hunt: Showdown scream "YOU FUCKIN SUCK SHIT'S GON---" over proximity chat the other day. His sentence was cut short into deafening silence because I headshot him with an insultingly bad weapon.

He then messaged me via PSN to call me trash and lucky. It was beyond satisfying. I clipped it and sent it to the entire Hunt General Discord.
Had a similar situation in Dead by Daylight. Game ran fine for me but got a message saying I was a laggy killer. He said GET A BETTER JOB SO YOU CAN AFFORD GOOD INTERNET!!

MiguelItUp

Being on a spawn ship that was destroyed and sunk in Battlefield Vietnam, leaving me stranded in the ocean, with nothing but myself. I was surely going to drown. So I asked for someone to help, because why not? A rando actually flew over in a helicopter and carefully lowered just enough for me to hop into the chopper and get us out of there. It was a really cool moment I'll never forget.

Trying out the Quest 3 meta world thing. Went to some old west town that must have been part of the quest 1 the graphics were so primitive. Everyone was running around just shooting everything that moved.
I died several times but managed to climb the windmill that had dynamite at the top, I would just stand up there lobbing them down at all the people spawning in.
People were talking over the headset in the most monotone bored out of their minds voices. No swearing, no yelling, no laughing just the most nothing multiplayer shootout I've ever been a part of.

BouncyFrag

Getting invaded multiple times during my first attempt ascending Sen’s Fortress was the most intense gaming I’ve ever experienced. Absolute panic sunk in when I couldn’t find the bonfire at the top 😬.

Fast forward a few years after playing DS nonstop and I get invaded in the chapel and get a message to trade with the invader. At that point I knew I was done with the game and just dropped everything (endless slabs, resources, maxed out gear, etc) for them as I had replayed the game over and over with the same character. Super happy message to me then followed.

Had a similar situation in Dead by Daylight. Game ran fine for me but got a message saying I was a laggy killer. He said GET A BETTER JOB SO YOU CAN AFFORD GOOD INTERNET!!
Not gonna lie, that's a great insult.

I have a ton of funny Hunt stories. That game is just full of jerky, frustration-inducing mechanics. I've never messaged anyone but boy have I lost my shit in that game!

killatopak

I was playing in an internet cafe when suddenly a swat team member came in the shop and asked for anyone with a phone charger so he could play Clash of Clans. Turns out there is an ongoing drug raid right across the street. Like literally 15 feet away from the door. This was in the middle of an afternoon. Shit was wild.

Worst part is that I can’t even peek at their operations cause I was in the middle of a ranked game.

Being on a spawn ship that was destroyed and sunk in Battlefield Vietnam, leaving me stranded in the ocean, with nothing but myself. I was surely going to drown. So I asked for someone to help, because why not? A rando actually flew over in a helicopter and carefully lowered just enough for me to hop into the chopper and get us out of there. It was a really cool moment I'll never forget.
Man, I wish I had played that game more

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
making a glow in the dark swastika in gmod then being banned by a 12 year old mod

Here are a few. I document a lot of insane clips for this very reason. I love watching them over and over and showing them to my friends.

(Terrible Audio Headphone Warning) - The most insane thing I've ever seen happen in a multiplayer game.

An unbelievable shot Artillery Truck shot from the BF1 Beta.

One of the funniest animations I've ever seen.

I still cannot believe that this is a co-op hunting game.

R.I.P America's Army. This game was outstanding.

Edit: Here are two more, the same scenario from both sides of the coin.

(This is the default version of BFV) Notice the whacky cosmetics.

Here is BFV with the Battlefield 1944 mod that turns it into actual authentic looking WW2 combat.

Last edited:
Here are a few. I document a lot of insane clips for this very reason. I love watching them over and over and showing them to my friends.

(Terrible Audio Headphone Warning) - The most insane thing I've ever seen happen in a multiplayer game.

An unbelievable shot Artillery Truck shot from the BF1 Beta.

One of the funniest animations I've ever seen.

I still cannot believe that this is a co-op hunting game.

R.I.P America's Army. This game was outstanding.

The Hunter Call of the Wild is so much fun. Me and my buddy always boot it up to chill after pvp games

MiguelItUp

Man, I wish I had played that game more
It was SO good! I can't believe how ahead of its time they were with a number of things. I used to think the whole music thing was SO good. Being able to change the channel and everyone would hear whatever is playing at the exact same time. It was too good. The amount of times choppers were blasting Flight of the Valkyries was hysterical.

It was SO good! I can't believe how ahead of its time they were with a number of things. I used to think the whole music thing was SO good. Being able to change the channel and everyone would hear whatever is playing at the exact same time. It was too good. The amount of times choppers were blasting Flight of the Valkyries was hysterical.
I just can't believe more games haven't been made about it. With today's tech it'd be insane

Top Bottom