• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your dream licensed game and the developer making it

Dural

Disney 2D Platformer by Rare
Disney 3D Platformer by Rare
Disney Action/Adventure game by Rare
Disney Kart Racer by Rare (more in the vein of Diddy Kong than Mickey Speedway)

In other words, Rare just needs to turn into a Disney game factory.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Chakan: The Forever Man made by Platinum Games.
A proper John Wick shooter, as a spiritual successor to Max Payne.
Maybe by Rockstar?
The people that did the Bourne games would prob do it better justice.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, also. A Jojo Bizarre adventures game by Yoko Taro.

All these Jojo games seem to go for a fighters which I guess makes sense as the show/manga is mostly about a variety of characters fighting each other. But IMO the fighting genre can't really do the show/manga justice because a lot of the more fun fights and abilities aren't just about who hits harder or who is better in straight up 1vs1 fight.
There's people who make illusions, or attacks that only work under specific conditions like "anyone moving to a lower position", or stuff like being able to make everyone around you grow old and weak or steal souls but only if the person in question loses a bet, etc.

Yoko Taro is great at taking advantage of gaming as a genre to do unique things with both the gameplay and storytelling, so I bet he'd be great at making every stand and every fight feel unique. Imagine if he was allowed to make a unique non canon part that only exists in videogame format, working together with Araki to create stands and abilities designed to be beaten in unique ways
I also want a good JoJo game. But Yoko Taro can't make a game for shit. His characters shine but usually everything else falls short. The stories and themes are also no bueno. Automata was only as good as it was because of Platinum. All of his games have a terrible shmup sections as well that are far too easy. The best JoJo game to date is still the CPS3 fighter sadly. You'd figure we would have gotten a Arcsys fighter by now. But they are currently fucking up GBF :/

GreatnessRD

Metal Gear Solid 6: Story of The Boss game made my Kojima Productions :(

Honorable Mentions:
WWE game made by Syn-Sophia aka AKI
Wrestle Kingdom 3 made by Yukes

78skidoo

Neo Member
Obvious one - Miami Vice by Rockstar (basically Vice City 2)

Less Obvious - Dresden Files: Linear Story by Naughty Dog or Open World by Rockstar (Chicago based)

molasar

Banned
Obvious one - Miami Vice by Rockstar (basically Vice City 2)
I cannot imagine that a vibe of the show could be converted effectively into a video game.
Have you played any of six official games (4 based on the show and 2 based on the movie)?
If yes, have they been good for you?

Last edited:
X Files open-world rpg, by CD Project Red.

Think L.A. Noire and expand it to all the lore and urban legends from the tv series, with all of the US to explore solving cases.

Including random alien abductions, of course.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series by From Software.

dark-tower.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned

X
From-Soft_12-28-18.jpg

think about it. all the mysterious lore. all the twisted NPCs. the books are filled with weird characters and impossible landscapes. they could even use some Insight style madness system.
the-white-knight-falls-off-his-horse--illustration_csp6234182.jpg

2book8-678x1024.jpg

2book11.jpg

2book24.jpg

or, if you can choose a vg license, them doing an official Castlevania, which is my dream GOAT.

Last edited:

KàIRóS

Neon Genesis Evangelion Turn Based RPG by Monolith Soft

Macross SHMUP by Treasure

Vampire Hunter D Hack and Slash by Capcom

Record of Lodoss War Souls-like RPG by FromSoftware

Ghost in the Shell Third Person Shooter by Platinum Games

Rurouni Kenshin Fighting game by Arc System Works

DragonBall Z Beat'em up by Vanillaware

Cowboy Bebop Action RPG by tri-Ace

Star Wars Musou by Omega Force

System Shock by Yoko Taro (Just tell him what system shock is about and let his mind do the rest lol)

Strider311

Agent Venom, from either Ubisoft or Rocksteady. Give me a stealth-focused action adventure like Splinter Cell or Arkham featuring this guy.
0bPmHH0.jpg

FeldMonster

• Pacific Rim by Respawn (TitanFall) and Turtle Rock (Evolve). The Jaeger/Titan versus Kaiju/Monster combat will be excellent.
  • Judge Dredd (based on the movie Dredd) by Certain Affinity; Assault on and within a single building. Each level could be a floor of the building and you work your way up to the top.
  • Behind Enemy Lines by Ubisoft (Far Cry team)
  • Equilibrium by The Coalition
  • Olympus Has Fallen by Rocksteady

V4skunk

Banned
X-Wing vs TIE Fighter by Totally Games.

I want that game updated for modern times so badly.
Never going to happen. Apparently George Lucus gets 10% royalty from Disney if they use anything from Episode 1-6. The reason why Disney won't ever make an Obi wan kenobi film etc..

Labolas

Anime All-stars Game (not just Shonen Jump characters) by Arc System Works (Fighting game)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Arc System Works (Fighting game)
They Live by CD Projekt Red (First person shooter)
Evil Dead by Tango Gameworks (Third person shooter)
Agent Venom by Platinumgames (Action game)
Battle Angel Alita by Platinumgames (Action game)
Zone of the Enders 3 by Platinumgames (Action game)

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Terminator 1-2 films; 3D TPP dynamic arcadey stealth action open world shooter by Kojima Productions + Platinum Games
I'm surprised nobody has tried doing Terminator FPS lately.

- Give to Activision, since their games are smooth and play crisply
- SP and MP
- Rebels vs. Rebels (up to 32 vs 32), Rebels vs. Terminators (32 vs. 4 or 6 OP robots/vehicles), Terminators vs. Terminators modes (8 vs. 8 no health regen as robots have tons of health)
- Different kinds of Terminators. The more powerful ones chosen means that side gets less robots on the team
- Day and night maps. Rebels have night vision goggles. Terminators use different modes like heat sensor or that red colour mode
- Rebels have crude vehicles like shitty jeeps with guns, or jets. Terminators have hunter killers on ground and air
- Maps have rebels have hidden base, Robots have a Skynet kind of hub
- Rebels can capture and reprogram Terminators and use them against enemy
- Rebels have guard dogs
- Rebels can set traps

Basically make a MP game based off those future scenes in the movies.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

An Indiana Jones game by Naughty Dog just to complete the cycle haha.
Don't know if Indiana Jones is a popular license anymore, especially after the mediocre Crystal Skull.

But if Lucasarts was still around, we'd probably still get a new Indy game. And it'd be great if Naughty Dog actually made it.

Sin City (GTA style) by TTwo.
Keeping the black and white comic look? Yeah, that'd be cool.

Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series by From Software.

dark-tower.jpg
How would FromSoft handle gun combat? That's a question I'd like to see them answer.

I'm surprised nobody has tried doing Terminator FPS lately.
The Terminator would make so much sense in a videogame. It's weird that they haven't made many games using the license.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Paperinik New Adventures
250px-Coverpkna0.jpg

Made by Rocksteady, in the style of Arkham Asylum, with a stronger emphasis on platforming and puzzle solving over combat (because Paperinik is not that great at fighting)

Asterix
811CAjUWahL._SY355_.jpg

Made by Platinum Games with a combination of cartoony fast paced fighting and platformy exploration. An alternative would be made by the Warriors team, because Asterix also lends itself well to Musou.

My other favourite media franchise, Star Trek, does not lend itself well to any genre I like, other than visual novel and I do not know a competent western visual novel maker. A Japanese Star Trek VN could be a bit strange.

dan76

I want a beat'em up just like SF3 based on characters in Stanley Kubrick films. Get a time machine and Capcom could make it in 1999. Jack D Ripper from Strangelove, Moonwatcher the appe from 2001, some droogs obviously, Barry Lyndon, Jack from The Shining, Joker from Full Metal Jacket and the Red Monk from EWS. In an alternate universe this is a thing.

Last edited:

Shifty

Give Gurren Lagann to Platinum. Wonderful 101 already proved they're more than capable of handling its crazy escalation.

Medieval Fantasy GTA by Rockstar

X-Wing VR by the X-Wing and TIE Fighter creators

Masters of the Universe fighting game by Capcom

Street Fighter Action Adventure by Capcom

Last edited:

Neverwas

the novel Imajica by Clive Barker adapted into a massive, dialogue heavy, morality choice based RPG. CDProjekt would probably be an appropriate dev.

Last edited:

yurinka

He-Man by Platinum (Bayonetta-like team and budget)
Ghost in the Shell by Sony Japan
Spiderman 2 by Imsoniac
Marvel vs Capcom 4 by ARC System Works+Capcom (50+ characters at launch including all the mutants)
Blade Runner by Ubisoft

Last edited:

Caffeine

I have 2 ironically both iron clad grip Konami ip's.
First up Castlevania done by From Software. an actually good 3D game. Dark souls was very castlevania-esque with the connected world and differing paths.

Second would be Metal Gear Solid by tango gameworks they have third person stealth down and global atmosphere, also wacky stories and scenerios I think they could create something original for the franchise or even a continuation after snake. yes yes I know kojima and kojipro were masterclass, But I think if anyone had the talent to step up with a nice budget it would be Tango. (bluepoint for remakes of mg1,2, and mgs1/vr clearly).

Sadly we dont know if they would outsource they have outsourced to other forms of media and some collections but not the main 3 franchises.

Last edited:
Top Bottom