• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite King of Fighters character designs?

Finaika

latest

I trust it's not necessary to explain why?

Why?

Genryu

Banned
My favorite character is that one that wears the Bell bottoms.

But really though, it's Vanessa.

Vlaphor

While I would say Mai or Vanessa for the hotness, I'm actually going to throw in my vote for Ash Crimson. Gaming needs more really cute guys.

BadWolf

I don't want the leaked KOFXIV roster to be true because: Vanessa

I want the leaked KOFXIV roster to be true because: Kim's wife

AAK

Oswald, no contest.

But that's a combination of his animations and movelist that just make his design come together for me.

HeelPower

KOF is a series with amazing character design and background art,possibly the best in the business.Too bad the gameplay is difficult to a fault.The series has extremely high execution barrier.
latest

347PfsM.jpg

BadWolf

The latest one is not beginner friendly.

In what way? HD?

It's not like other fighters don't have advanced combos. And at least here everything is straight forward with a huge input buffer to flow through with, there is no need to worry about 1 frame links etc.

Beginners don't have to worry about this stuff anyway.

KOF is a series with amazing character design and background art,possibly the best in the business.Too bad the gameplay is difficult to a fault.The series has extremely high execution barrier.

Really? I gravitated toward KoF from Street Fighter because it felt less daunting and easier to pick up and play compared to Street Fighter

Anyway, a lot of my favorites were already posted. Vanessa, Oswald, K', Kula, Joe.

I'm also going to say B Jenet.

latest

Classy and hot.

Finaika

In what way? HD?

It's not like other fighters don't have advanced combos. And at least here everything is straight forward with a huge input buffer to flow through with, there is no need to worry about 1 frame links etc.

Beginners don't have to worry about this stuff anyway.

The developers specifically said 13 was too hard for beginners so that's why they are dumbing it down for newcomers for 14.

mollipen

Easier to say which KOF designs are bad than which one are good. SNK is one of the most top-tier game companies when it comes to character design to ever exist.

HeelPower

Ummm... that's not really true.

The latest one is not beginner friendly.

Really? I gravitated toward KoF from Street Fighter because it felt less daunting and easier to pick up and play compared to Street Fighter

It blows my mind that anyone can deny the difficulty behind the KoF series.

Even top players in tournaments drop combos,and the jump mechanic alone makes it much more difficult than SF.

I'll speak from my perspective as a Tekken player.The combos are much easier and you can get your Bread and Butter going till you get to more advanced stuff.The mind games ,movement and throw breaking mechanic are absurdly difficult ,but at least you can get something basic going to grease the wheels.

KoFXIII doesn't even let you get your foot in the door.The trials were fucking difficult,let alone performing them in actual match.

Too hard to pick, SNK has too many amazing characters.

Too true for me.

A lot of good ones listed. I might automatically go for Terry, but I feel like picking Kyo, because of his evolution moreso than just one outfit.

Even though 3 out of his 4 are really close, best is probably the NESTS outfit, mainly because it led to awesome win poses like this:
kyo-winpose2002iori.gif

Speaking of which, one thing I really going to miss from XIII is that color edit. I could get so many alternate and original outfits from it, still can if I put my mind to it. I imagine XIV will be more about alternate outfits, which is fine for me; gives me a reason to play around with old and new.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
#1. Rock Howard

rock-sel.gif

rockbc.gif
rock-cool-firehands.gif
rock-ng-win2.gif
rock-cv-special4.gif

#2. Kim Jae Hoon

jaehoon-win.gif

snk-jaehoon.gif
jae-smile.gif
jae-special8.gif

#3. Leona (old design)

leona-k2000.gif

leona-intro96.gif
leona-odd.gif
snk-leona.gif

HotHamBoy

I've ways been drawn to Vanessa. I don't know why. I was really sad she didn't make it to KOF 13, I hooe she can make it to 14.

PSA: You can get 98 UM, 2002 UM and 13 in a bundle for $6.99 in this Steam sale. Pretty amazing.

Speaking of which, one thing I really going to miss from XIII is that color edit. I could get so many alternate and original outfits from it, still can if I put my mind to it. I imagine XIV will be more about alternate outfits, which is fine for me; gives me a reason to play around with old and new.

I was just thinking about this the other day. XIII's Color Edit was amazing for a 2D fighter, but I think they could make Color Edit for a 3D fighter work. But I'd be happy if they had a costume selection like MI2.

Always liked Angel. Fun personality, great animations

Angel02_stance.gif

angel-stripbaby.gif

I really like Angels design too. Herself and Mai are tied for first place, in my eyes. Both look great.
As far as male characters go, I always liked Terry. When I first saw him in the early 90's, I thought the hat and ponytail combination were very cool.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Would characters from FF and AoF count? It's not like KoF doesn't have a swath of original characters.

So I'll be fair and not count FF and AoF characters.

latest

Duo Lon is the shit

Top Bottom