• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite loading screens?

VulcanRaven

Most times you just want to get through them quickly but what are some memorable loading screens that you actually like? I think the first loading screen when starting a new game in The Last of Us is amazing. You just see spores flying while listening Gustavo Santaolalla's great music. Its sets the tone really well and takes a little while.

At 00:30:

I haven't played this on PS5 yet but looks like that takes only like 2 seconds in that version. I feel like that kind of ruins it.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
tumblr_n48n0gJ9jq1szm3pwo1_400.gifv

Drizzlehell

Banned
The Witcher 3

Those story recaps read by Jaskier were just great and it quickly brought me back up to speed to where I left off when last playing the game, and got me into a mood before I started to play.

It's also nice that you can actually skip them once the game finishes loading instead of forcing you to sit through the whole thing. Useful whenever you're reloading a save manually.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Got to go with classic Resident Evil games doors opening. You were able to skip the doors opening on the DS port.

Kupfer

kDsjYUW.jpg
o52b7Kq.jpg

I can't tell you how many times I played these two maps. Up and down, trying something different each time, avoiding the enemies differently, taking them out, play it sneaky, play it guns blasting, you name it. Looking at these pictures gives me a good and summery feeling, they remind me of the old days, I can even hear the sounds of the maps.

Bayonetta and the Wonderful 101 are great because you can practice combos. Granted I play on PC now and have to opt into them because the games load too fast for it to matter

anonychus

Neo Member
Easily Spec Ops: The Line. It actually adds to the story if you pay attention to what it says as you go through the game. I don't wanna say too much because of spoilery reasons, but I was so surprised at the progression of the loading screen "tips".

nowhat

...but if we're talking about actual loading screens, there is only one:

I spent way more time watching (or rather, listening) that than the actual game. The game wasn't that bad, quite repetitive and the difficulty could have used some adjusting, but on the whole quite good. That loader though, I still listen to the theme every now and then and it is as good as it ever were.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I like the TotK one where they show you the map and your location. Gets you curious about landmarks before even having loaded into the area.

CGNoire

The Last Guardian and its pen crosshatched diagrams on manela paper of non existing creatures is so cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom