• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite Mega Man weapon?

Zyrox

Pirate Man's Remote mine. Basically a better version of the Crash Bomb. MM&B generally had a really good lineup of weapons. Liked Astro Man's Copy ability and Ground Man's drill as well.

shaowebb

latest

Hornet Chaser for sure.
First of all we get a tangy orange mega man, second it involves shooting robo hornets out of a blaster, thirdly they home in on targets effectively unlike other homing weapons and lastly they'll pick up items and return them to you, glorious!

Runner up is Black hole bomb, because its a remotely triggered black hole of course. MM9 nailed its weapons.

This man gets it. Both in the best and the runner up. I came here to post this exact statement of Hornet chaser first, Black Hole Bomb second. Shoutouts to Jewel Satellite for being a powerful shield that both reflects and can be fired for good damage, as well to the Pharaoh Shot for being a chargeable powerhouse that can be fired in any direction that serves as a glowing anti air above his head.

Out of the first six games (the only ones I've played recently), I'll have to say Fire Storm, Drill Bomb and Pharaoh Shot. Fire for its pseudo-shield attack, Drill for its detonation ability and Pharaoh because it's extremely cool.

In Mega Man X3 (SPOILERS BELOW!)

If you killed Vile before the final stages, you get another boss who ultimately kills Zero and, in his dying moments, Zero gives you this sword.

And Zero's sword is the bunkers!!!

You can kill the two forms of Sigma in two hits each. The funny thing is that I didn't realize this until my last play-through the X series last year, and it was such a lovely surprise. The same thing goes for the Gold armor that you get in the final stages as well.

Aside from that, the arm and leg upgrades were always my favorite things to get.

Top Bottom