• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favourite Female Character Designs in Gaming?

Interested to see what other people pick. Here's the first four that come to mind when I think of female characters in games:

Baiken (Guilty Gear Series)

FPvjPOM.png

Long flowing robe? Check. An eyepatch that doubles as a one-lensed goggle? Double check. A magestic long flowing pink mane of hair? Triple check! And she’s a badass 1-armed amputee to boot. Baiken is easily one of my favourite character designs in any fighting game. Aesthetically her design hits all the right buttons for me, and her outfit has enough going on that it strikes a solid balance, providing a ton of detail without being too busy. And as a lass who enjoys a bit of anime tiddy, that cleavage window is a nice bonus and a winner in my books! As is she! She only just about pips out I-no for my favourite female design in the entire Guilty Gear series, sorry I-no fans!

Bayonetta (Bayonetta Series)

iLxN21A.png

I just love Mari Shimazaki’s original design from the first game, the overabundance of black shiny form fitting material and golden sequins on her outfit really appealed to me. And the fact that her entire outfit and moveset revolves around utilizing her hair to attack and cloth her is both novel and attention-grabbing right out of the gate. Her Bayonetta 2 outfit is different but just as good as the original design to be honest. The shorter haircut, the pointed shoulders and white frilly sleeves of her new outfit looks awesome and the lighter tone and colour of her outfit is a nice change of aestetic that I adore just as much as the original design. Plus having fucking handguns as heels, can’t get more badass than that!

Dark Blade Keiran (Dark Souls Series)

8Y6nTXn.jpg

Just look at her armour design. That pointed helm with that ceramic doll face stands out from the more primitive looking helms that the rest of the game and it’s cast has to offer, the mix of dark blues, golds and whites on her armour just pops out at you right away. And her weapons the silver tracer and the gold tracers look fucking glorious complementing her design even further. Her design is something that the other female NPC’s in the series haven’t managed to match in my opinion. I just hope that if FROM Software makes any other souls games in the future they look back at Keiran’s designs and take some influences for her attire. Glorious. The rest of the Dark Souls waifu's don't even compare, that's right, even the best level-up Waifu, Bonfire-chan!

Samus Aran (Metroid Series)

SkfGIVk.png

Those huge circular shoulder domes, the fantastic contrast of red orange and yellow all over her armour and a sleek, badass looking visor and helm, Samus’s entire power armour design is all kinds of aesthetically pleasing! There’s enough accentuation at the hips and midriff to give the armour a feminine look and touch as well. I always felt like her Zero Suit look was a terrible change in art direction compared to this design. It kind of flew in the face of what I love about the character’s design in the first place. It just feels too bare, and stripped away the mystery of not knowing what she looked like. This’ll always remain my favourite design along with the light suit armour from Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. Iconic as fuck.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are full of great designs, but Titania takes the cake. She's one of my favorite characters in gaming. Capable, cool, stronger than most of the men, attractive without being sexualized, kind and caring while also being relatively pragmatic about life. Win situation all around.

But since this is mainly about her design, she just looks really badass. Plus, her name is really cool too. In English and Japanese (Japanese was Tiamat)

MechaX

A lot of my favorites have been posted, but there's one that I think deserves some recognition: Lenneth Valkyrie.

228px-Lenneth.jpg

syncyes

I'm quite partial to a lot of Fire Emblem designs with the exception of some of Awakening/Fates era design decisions, lol.

Titania from FE9/10 is a great example. Dat armor.

latest

LotusHD

Banned
Kat from Gravity Rush

gravity-rush-remastered-two-column-01-ps4-eu-26oct15

Tae Takemi from Persona 5

latest

Urbosa from Breath of the Wild

tumblr_omy1aqY1Ur1un7uhro1_400.gif

Nadine from Uncharted 4

nadine-ross-uncharted-4-ps4.jpg

But the new definitive favorite for me would have to be Twintelle from ARMS

N2VmNjM1YTlmYiMvV1hycFpVVi15RDFueUdUR3BVTFEtYkZNalBzPS8xMXgzODoxNDI5eDg0MC8xNjAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwczovL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcG9saWN5bWljLWltYWdlcy9hdHU1MWpiZmh4cXlwZmVmejIxemU3cm45Z2kxOWFxdmdtb2VzeWFqeGQ2b3p1eWdsY2Z4djZxZzdlamJsano0LmpwZw.jpg

Triss Merigold in The Witcher 2 (compared to how she looked in the first...

Code:
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/90/2d/96/902d96601fd419524a7cb79a663f54cb.jpg[/IMG]

Heather Mason in Silent Hill 3
Code:
[IMG]https://lucien0maverick.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/heather-mason.jpg[/IMG]

A2 in Nier Automata
Code:
[IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/myNHgp0u8Ic/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]

Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3 is one of the best female character designs in all of gaming. A perfect example of an everyday girl who gets trapped in the worst nightmare imaginable.

1531184-heather.jpg

Not super crazy or anything but I love it.
Also if VNs count
I hate Kurisu's design. Her "iconic" wardrobe consists of a jacket she stopped halfway through the process of putting it on. And she NEVER finishes putting it on! It's must be so cumbersome and uncomfortable to wear!

Lady Maria from Bloodborne, as has already been mentioned here. Something about the elegance while being somewhat haunting and solemn.

I also love Stella's design from FF Versus XIII, even though that obviously never came to fruition. It always seemed like a great mix of modern realism and style.

Neiteio

Definitely Riju from BotW. Fantastic color scheme, and clothing/accessories that straddle the line between "intricate" and "elegant."

botw-gerudoriju02anucf.jpg

botw-gerudoriju26v4uq6.jpg

botw-gerudoriju235xu8e.jpg

Urbosa is great too:

botw-gerudourbosa01fauib.jpg

psyfi

Banned
Kat from Gravity Rush

Also I'm a huge Metroid fan, but I've always thought Samus's suit design is awful.

Disgraced

IQ - Rainbow Six: Siege

3U6MbBV.jpg

• Recognizable silhouette & color scheme ✓
  • Practical-looking attire ✓
  • Understated sex appeal ✓
She's three-speed, three for three and she's a bad motherfucker.

Fan art src. — SkizzleBoots

Top Bottom