• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favourite Female Character Designs in Gaming?

Opa-Pa

Lady Maria, Samus (Power Suit only though, ZSS is garbage) and Tetra come to mind.

My personal favorite is probably Impa in her Skyward Sword incarnation:

Impa_Artwork_%28Skyward_Sword%29.png

Her Hyrule Warriors one is great too, basically a different take on the same design... However they made her whiter, probable because she's a good guy, unlike Cia!

Fully expecting this thread to become a joke by the second page btw.

Edit: Oh snap, page 2 already.

Inspector Q

Among recent titles:

Emily Kaldwin:
0827.emily.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

A cool Noble/Assassin look. Too bad she stars in a game where you don't get to see her...ever, lol.

Evie Frye:
4be033fa1e0e7ee076e06ecc08b03084--assassins-creed-cosplay-assassins-creed-costume.jpg

Another nice Assassin look. Unlike Dishonored, where you don't really get to see the great Corvo and Emily designs, that is not the case here. The only thing that sucks about Evie is that the chances of ever seeing her again are pretty much nil. But yeah, so far the AC games have had some well designed female leads with both Aveline and Evie.

The Witcher 2 and 3 has some great designs as well with Ciri, Yen, Triss, etc.

There are other great replies in this thread as well.

Neiteio

Only one of these GIFs belongs to a real Final Fantasy game. I'm never going to get over it.
Hahaha, is that FFXV one with Ardyn and Luna from a mobile game or something?

Speaking of FFXV, Luna and Iris and Aranea were all great designs.

Also, obvious cheesecake factor aside, Cindy had a cool design.

True Fire

Hahaha, is that FFXV one with Ardyn and Luna from a mobile game or something?

Speaking of FFXV, Luna and Iris and Aranea were all great designs.

Also, obvious cheesecake factor aside, Cindy had a cool design.

Yep, the new mobile game :(

Aranea in Episode Prompto was amazing! Maybe she'll be playable one day lol.

Kat from Gravity Rush 2
Code:
[IMG]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/6/61/Gravity-Rush-2_09-21-15_Chara_Kat.png/revision/latest?cb=20160801131155[/IMG]
images

Kosmos and Shion from Xenosaga
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/67leGJS.jpg[/img]

Timeaisis

Can't believe no one has posted this one yet.

1697296-chara_boss_pic.gif

Man, I feel dumb. You are absolutely right. The Boss is probably top 3 best female characters of all time. Her design is such that it doesn't so much highlight she's of a woman, as much as it highlights she's a strong, wise, and powerful badass. Kind of like Samus. I respect that.

The Dinosaur Queen

Simple, Sleek, Badass
-----

Some fan modern iterations show how great the design could be in a new gen

Wow, Jaw, what a surprise for you to be posting Regina.

Vlaphor

For me, Mai Shiranui has to be my favorite

I love the hell out of Fatal Fury, KOF, and fanservice, and Mai came out at just the right time for me to just be fully absorbed by every inch of her design. If we remove nostalgia, I might say that I like Vanessa more, but as a whole, Mai is my favorite female character in gaming. TBH though, my favorite incarnation of her is in the Fatal Fury Motion Picture

d0f.gif

Fatal Fury Motion Picture Blu-Ray coming out in a couple of weeks!

I'll also have to give shout outs to Quiet, Ivy Valentine, Rachel from Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, and Rise Kujikawa

Opa-Pa

Man, I feel dumb. You are absolutely right. The Boss is probably top 3 best female characters of all time. Her design is such that it doesn't so much highlight she's of a woman, as much as it highlights she's a strong, wise, and powerful badass. Kind of like Samus. I respect that.

Until she awkwardly starts showing off her bust and babbling about motherhood :(

Ivy. She looks like an everyday normal woman. Something about her eyes.

1f8804ad2fafa7a89dd50b32b2eec382--deviant-art-ivy.jpg

Yeah, I loved SCIV Ivy too.
Cammy has my favorite female character design in gaming though. She looks great, shows off her butt confidently and has that nice English accent.

y5hRfVQl9Usgt4pOsdAOvZuRh9_ZZP4_6VqHbbxgnWrqkBKTzCt57IQNaXzo73uHLoQQ0a6F5b1RUnC7p7eJ-81OyL0OQyXq3RfXpJqiHR238VX6_dRCY5CBjszvISv9Ki2GuHx_JYZqnnX-UOde3mfloLAh7R337Eh_yN11_B8zzEy8VFZdwWPSB5SE3GnxLEtJ-PuGZ4m0uptHdO-6J45cVwBV5sifYTUkqI-hMNTDA6XFib-JUrVcqf0vgUjXlEYRRXmdztoP-X1Au9ZjUgnzLr43XSrew4qXJ4QSVM15B48wvsfvj8MsbFDuS-G0cfT18PEduWGpQhYocT8WK_hwHv2RQJgyjlVZyP_RC9Q3TNNHxWQI4-6VNQHqqwhcYIKcveP0MUP9wMbr-x7-EhQFU7KNmDa--CViceHpBzLO9F7jFgfJWE0c_mkYIBW6bC8Xq3EdOX3miu20IV_RGMGP_z2jHD-mZE09DwiIq2Yu120EVFfSvZt8XaPbwpALynKwSRIwZZ7YRB2TTrNs-8G44MKPVyVCW0aRjZWD4ZIU80Pt8Jk05WUQlnjyl0xDOIcpv6ozHYRznCrepKjbimkvIJEW0ZBuAZz60dPBNB7Yz6ER8SjhEzRWDbT4PCmY1S3cjJoM4i1P5wmHw-2wCM2IbqXY8IOSMKSx8y28wgB2tQ=w236-h415-no

I like SFV Mika and Mach-swimsuit Lisa in DoA5 for similar reasons.

JCHandsom

Until she awkwardly starts showing off her bust and babbling about motherhood :(

She's showing off her scar and talking about how her child was taken from her by the Philosophers. She's making a point about how soldiers like her are taken advantage of and how she dreams of a better world.

Hastati

Twintelle, everyone from Nier A, and Zelda are at the top of my list, but they've been mentioned so here's some others recent and old.

Shantae is adorbs. I love her silly dances, she's a very charming character and has a memorable design. All of her transformations are also cute.

Mai Shiranui from KOF is also awesome. And hot stuff. Her sprites will be sorely missed.

latest

I thought Priscilla in Dark Souls was cool af. Was fun to just stand next to her, she was freaky and intimidating but also beautiful. Couldn't kill her.

Granblue has fantastic characters with great designs. I am a big fan of Beatrix and her many foibles:

Prompto and Aranea were the two characters I really liked in FFXV. She's just kickass. Her design is silly but I like it, I hope she shows up in some other property someday.

I feel like I've replied to similar threads before...
Another vote for Maria from BB.
Second for Tiamat! A great character in the story too. I am pleasantly surprised that she is mentioned within the first few posts.

Top Bottom