• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favourite series stuck with a publisher that will never develop another entry?

emivita

Sony has all the best IP that will never gonna develop another entry. Gravity Rush, Puppeteer, Ape Escape, Forbidden Siren & Tokyo Jungle - Japan Studio is dead, I would love a sequel to these games, but not gonna happen ever. I would also have loved a full-fledged Afrika 2 or a Folklore 2, way underrated games imo.

Also, Gabriel Knight - Activision has the rights, so a sequel would only happen in my dreams.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Some great examples one of the things with today’s technology anyone can make the game.

Verchod

Never say never but extremely unlikely...
Splinter cell. Ubisoft
Thief, Deus Ex. Eidos/Square.

Personally I could live off these franchises forever. Seems like I won't get to enjoy my favourite franchises again.

Null Persp

Eye of the Beholder
Lands of Lore
Ultima, Ultima Underworld
Might & Magic
Monkey Island
Many Sierra adventure games

lachesis

Basically Konami and Sega.

Konami is sitting on mountains of 8bit - 16bit IPs that could be modernized and remade.
Sega... I want Skies of Arcadia. Heck, it could even be "Galaxies of Arcadia" or whatnot. Just make one please.

Bwesh

Konami thread.

Everything.... But more specifically Silent Hill, Castlevania, Zone of the Enders, Suikoden, Metal Gear....
They are at least still aware that they own Suikoden.

For me it's Square Enix and Radiata Stories.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
The two that come to mind for me,

Skate, it could come back but Black Box is gone and it would feel wrong to get a Skate game without the original team working on it.
Dead Space, same as above.

Konami is one thing but at least they largely dipped out. EA is another thing entirely. Seriously, fuck EA.

We should start labeling companies like EA, 'Homewreckers.' How many people have been fired and dreams crushed by this truly awful company?

More votes for:
Deus Ex
Dead Space

People need to cut that Deus Ex shit out. We still have the final game in the trilogy and a reboot of the OG.

believe the polar express GIF

yurinka

Spin-offs, remakes, remasters and emulated games don't count:
-Sony: Wipeout, Loco Roco, Parappa The Rapper
-Capcom: Final Fight, Captain Commando, Alien vs Predator, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Mega Man Zero
-Konami: Metal Gear Solid, Gradius, X-Men, TNMT
-Nintendo: F-Zero
-Sega: Out Run, Golden Axe, Shinobi
-Square: Chrono Trigger (that Chrono Cross crap doesn't count as sequel for me)
-Ubisoft: Splinter Cell

Last edited:

Umbral

I think there is a near-zero chance of ever seeing anything again from these two.

• Legacy of Kain
  • Metal Gear Solid

Last edited:

Killer8

Silent Hill seems like an obvious answer, but I think it's better if it stays in the ground. I don't even dislike the games made post-Team Silent. I just think the bar was raised so high in the original quadrilogy that anything new will always fall short. You'll get the typical mixed "yeah it was good for x and y reasons, bad for z reason" analysis, but never anything approaching a consensus of "this is a masterpiece" like Silent Hill 2.

Last edited:

Belmonte

I don't worry about Konami in this regard. My 3 favorite Konami franchises: Metal Gear, Castlevania and Contra will definitely have more titles in the future. Even GetsuFumaDen was ressurected the other day! What I worry in this case is how they will do it. I think they have the means to do a great job if they want, but apparently they are getting to much money with pachinko and cell phones to invest in core gaming again.

About the OP question: It is a gaming tragedy we probably won't have God Hand 2 and EA is not interested in the slightest for another Road Rash.

Last edited:

Excess

I often worry we’ll never get another proper SimCity.
With the massive success of Cities Skylines, the game that Sim City should have been, I can't imagine EA wouldn't take such an ass-whooping like that very lightly. Have faith in EA's motivation of the almighty dollar.

Astral Dog

I feel grateful most of the games/series i love but got forgotten for a time, are getting sequels or succesors today.

Classic Devil May Cry
Castlevania(Netflix TV show and Bloodstained)
Bayonetta 2 and 3(one day)
Metroid(apparently Metroid 5)
Rune Factory
even TWEWY is getting a sequel

Its not perfect but considering how shaky the game industry is i think thats lucky, however i would like to see a new MegaMan thats not the classic one rehashed again. That series deserves a return to form in REngine

Top Bottom