• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favourite series stuck with a publisher that will never develop another entry?

PhantomFox94

Neo Member
Splinter Cell

Part of me hopes that they actually never make a new one due to all of the loot boxes and them trying to shove a pointless open world into the game.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'd take Onimisha instead...but then again ot might be too souls like.

At least Onimisha has had a recent re-release on modern systems (Currently on sale I believe on the PSN store). Although, I wouldn't say no to a full blown remake. Also, Capcom could release Onimisha 2 and 3 on current systems.

Dino Crisis has been left dormant for over 20 years (Dino Crisis 3 doesn't count in my mind). The series is ripe for a RE2 style remake.

fatmarco

Honestly...

couch plant GIF by South Park

Zannegan

In no particular order:
  • Iga-style Castlevania
  • Banjo-kazooie (classic-style or N&B, both were great)
  • SOCOM
  • inFamous
  • Crackdown
  • Boom Blox (shut up, great party game)
  • Excite Trucks
  • Red Steel (RS2-style)
  • KoTOR
...and I'll probably think of a half-dozen more/better examples as soon as I hit post. *shrug*

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Homeworld: Cataclysm. The sourcecode was blown up by rockstar simply not giving a shit when they acquired the office. Gone forever, will probably never get remastered, maybe unofficially, but I doubt it.

Every star wars game being gate kept by Disney or Disney by proxy of EA. The glory days of Lucas Arts is so tragically dead.

Also, can I just say? Gdam do I miss Sierra Studios. At least they didn't live long enough to become the villain.

Skyfox

it exists, their called Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces
Sonic mania was great but I want 2.5 d.

Sonic unleashed: please waste your life with awful time wasting zones and you can play a couple of nice 2.5d tracks

Sonic Generations: here are a few 2.5d tracks, and a couple 3d tracks

Sonic Forces: here are 2 good 2.5d tracks, 2 good 3d tracks, 7 retard avatar tracks that you have to force your brain through

Sonic colors:
Here are some cool tracks but well artificially extend the game length by shitting in your game again with shit slow moving digging power shit so reviewers cant call the game short.

See the problem yet?

Id buy the good tracks on their own even if overpriced just so i can replay them without the werhog style roadbumps.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Jade Empire and Knights of the Old Republic
I still don't get how the supposed KOTOR remake went to Aspyr, a dev that only made mobile ports so far.
It reminds me of Red Letter Media saying Lucasfilm gave the keys to the kingdom to "some guy", when talking about Rian Johnson.

Tschumi

Konami and Valve thread.

Half-Life 3 will forever haunt me. Also Left4Dead 3, Counter-Strike, TF, etc.

Bioware is about to hit this point if they can't stick the landing on the next Mass Effect/Dragon Age/KOTOR.
Half Life 3 was somewhat promised by Alyx i believe, it'll be vr, i also believe

GC_DALBEN

There's a lot of games, but the one that I miss a lot is the darkness, I don't know who owns the IP .

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Dead Space
Silent Hill
Castlevania
Splatterhouse
Twisted Metal (a GOOD one)
Quake (Maybe it will happen? Please?)
Blood
Alien Vs Predator
Jedi Knight
Golden Axe
Darkstalkers
Nosgoth
Shadowrun (The FPS one)

Sonic mania was great but I want 2.5 d.

Sonic unleashed: please waste your life with awful time wasting zones and you can play a couple of nice 2.5d tracks

Sonic Generations: here are a few 2.5d tracks, and a couple 3d tracks

Sonic Forces: here are 2 good 2.5d tracks, 2 good 3d tracks, 7 retard avatar tracks that you have to force your brain through

Sonic colors:
Here are some cool tracks but well artificially extend the game length by shitting in your game again with shit slow moving digging power shit so reviewers cant call the game short.

See the problem yet?

Id buy the good tracks on their own even if overpriced just so i can replay them without the werhog style roadbumps.
the Werehog isn't that bad tbh. but i do want a Classic style game with 2.5D.
maybe make it an Advance-style game

great thread.

Shining force and dead space.

but hinestly, I expect deadspace to make a come back once enough of the audiencehas forgotten/is unfamoliarqith DS3

Javthusiast

Banned
Metal Gear. #FucKonami
Splinter Cell. #FuckUsoft

Not really fitting with the topic cause they certainly will produce games of these series but still:

Every popular anime/manga franchise being turned into shitty anime arena fighters instead of competent fighting or adventure games.

#FuckBamco etc.

Azurro

Banned
Konami -

Castlevania, MGS, Silent Hill

Capcom -

Mega Man, Dino Crisis

Sony -

Legend of Dragoon

EA -

Dead Space

Sethbacca

Metroid and F Zero want 4k 60fps ray tracing and online multiplayer but for that to happen Nintendo would need to throw away their entire hardware philosophy and maybe an online server that isn't from the lat 90s (which they recent updated)
While we're at it, gimme an actual metroidvania Metroid and not a first person shooter. Super Metroid will always be god tier gaming.

Megatron

I came in to say Viewtiful Joe too. Capcom won’t do anything with it. I would love even a retro compilation. Oh well. I have the original games.

I would also follow up with Eternal Darkness and Skies of Arcadia

Top Bottom