• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

your first 3 Revolution downloads:

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
If they are more than $5.

NOTHING.

There is a lot to worry about here.

There will not be a Goldeneye, as EA owns the license, and MS/Rare owns the code...
No Tetris Attack, as EA now owns Tetris (Panel de Pon PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!)
No TMNT, that license is ALL jacked up...
etc.,etc.,etc...

SO, we get to buy all of Nintendo's old games... that we all own anyway.

Ristamar

JoDark said:
There will not be a Goldeneye, as EA owns the license, and MS/Rare owns the code...

Actually, I'm fairly certain Nintendo owns the code. However, since EA has the license, it doesn't really matter.

JoDark said:
If they are more than $5.

NOTHING.

There is a lot to worry about here.

No Tetris Attack, as EA now owns Tetris (Panel de Pon PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!)
No TMNT, that license is ALL jacked up...
etc.,etc.,etc...

SO, we get to buy all of Nintendo's old games... that we all own anyway.

yeah, because every good non-Nintendo game ever released on NES/SNES/N64 can be summed up in TMNT and Goldeneye.

I want some of the Japan-only games that we never got. Otherwise, I don't need to download anything. I still have all my old systems and cartridges, and they all still work.

Speevy

Banned
-An original 2D Mario platformer
-An original Kirby 2D platformer
-An original Metroid game

That's it. I have Xbox Live arcade for the arcade stuff and I've played the heck out of Nintendo's library.

conker

Banned
Nintendo stated they would actively pursue licenses for games they don't own.

Goldeneye would be:
No skin off EA's back.
Few extra bucks for.
Get's EA's logo out there.
Few bucks for Nintendo.
Great for gamers.

I don't see why Nitnendo WOULDN'T pursue this.
Although I do see EA as being evil/retarded enough to not allow it.

c_k_i_t3

I love the Fire Emblem serie so my first 3 Rev downloads will be
(if Nintendo translated them first, which I doubt):

01. Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (SNES)
02. Fire Emblem: Genaology of the Holy War (SNES)
03. Fire Emblem: Thraccia 776 (Snes)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
original mario! (give me the updated graphics of all stars though please)
I'd like to try pilotwings
and Goldeneye mapped to the rev controller (/wish)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
1. Super Mario RPG (European, so never got this :()
2. F-Zero X Expansion (see above)
3. Super Metroid (just didn't buy it ^^)

Later on I'll get some Fire Emblems, Spacestation Silicon Valley and some others (Chrono Trigger?)

Xellotah

Depends on the prices, but I'll be reluctant to buy games that I once owned and played to death.

However there are soooo many games that I haven't played in their library:

1. Fire Emblem(s)
2. Mother
3. Sin & Punishment.

4. Super RType Sequel? ( I think there was a sequel to Super Rtype)

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
I'm probably gonna start off with some Nintendo 64 downloads:

- GoldenEye 007
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, The
- Perfect Dark

DKJB79

N64 : Golden eye or Star Fox 64
NES : nintendo world cup
SNES : contra III or Axelay or TMNT 4 or castlevania IV

can't wait !

:D

Kuroyume

Banned
You think it's possible for them to put online multi on those older titles? I won't bother unless I can get F-ZERO X and the AKI wrestlers on online multi.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Kuroyume said:
You think it's possible for them to put online multi on those older titles? I won't bother unless I can get F-ZERO X and the AKI wrestlers on online multi.

There was SOME sort of rumbling about the iQue ports offering "online play" in the future, but I'm not sure if anything ever came of that. If the iQue supported online multiplayer, then it would seem assured for the Revolution.

Goldeneye really wouldn't be as hard for Nintendo to use as everyone thinks. Nintendo would merely need to either sublicense the rights to the Bond characters from EA, or ink out a special deal with whoever owns the rights to the Bond universe. They might even have some wiggle room, what with it being a preexisting title that is being "reissued".

Hooker

Super Metroid & Star Fox 64 probably.

And some games I always wanted but could never afford/get. Like Ogre Battle 64.

But I reckon I'll first expand my GC collection, before I delve into the emulation scene

Wow yea, I forgot about the fire emblem series.

I have been considering emulating them, but might as well just wait for the Rev.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Thats too difficult to answer, there is so much stuff I want to download. I guess my first 3 would be banjo-tooie, Zelda: LTTP and super metroid.

If third parties make all their games except those impossible license games available, and if I get free choice to buy from any region, my first three would be:

Susume Taisen Puzzle Dama
Sin & Punishment
Gokujou Parodius

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
It's hard to get the least bit excited about this since I still play all these games pretty regularly (if I have the itch).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Super Mario RPG
Earthbound
Sin & Punishment

I saw someone else mention PilotWings which is tempting, but I already have it even though my SNES isn't currently hooked up.

Which begs another question. How many are going to rebuy games they already own, if the price is right, for the sake of convenience of playing everything on just one console?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm almost expecting a "new" gun game near launch... either an upgraded compilation of Duck Hunt / Hogan's Alley, or something entirely new.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
DavidDayton said:
I'm almost expecting a "new" gun game near launch... either an upgraded compilation of Duck Hunt / Hogan's Alley, or something entirely new.
doubtful.. gun games would be a bitch to pull off through emulation I would imagine.

DavidDayton said:

Maybe they'll throw in Vs Duckhunt

vdh_r3-6.jpg

Docpan

What makes you think Squaresoft and Konami titles will be available for download? Won't only Nintendo-published titles be available without the consent of other developers?

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Super R-Type (with emulated slowdown!)
Doshin The Giant
Final Fight Guy

(Or I could slap MAME/MESS on a SFF PC under the TV)

Docpan said:
What makes you think Squaresoft and Konami titles will be available for download? Won't only Nintendo-published titles be available without the consent of other developers?

It's basically free money for those companies. Who wouldn't want in?

jedimike

OK, this is like the 3rd or 4th "What will you download thread"... What's up with the fapfests? AFAIK, there is no list of available games, so is this just a big "dream" sheet? Can we at least wait for some info before we confirm our downloads?

Top Bottom