• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your longest gaming session ever?

Yesterday, Phantom Brave.

I got up at noon and started playing. I took a 1 hour break around 10pm for food, then came back. I stopped playing around 7:30am this morning.

17 and a half hours.

Kweh

I remember playing Chrono Cross early Sunday morning till early monday morning and feeling like crap the next day

darscot

I played Final Fantasy 1 for literally days. I would fall asleep with the controler in hand wake up and play more. Survive on nothing but weed, Coca-Cola and Captain Crunch.

Phoenix said:
Quake 2 - God knows how long.... but the sun was up when I started, went down while playing came up again and was about mid afternoon (i.e. about to set again) when I stopped.

Same here; Quake 2 owned me in college sophomore year. Weekend marathon sessions were the norm. My longest was from 8PM Fri night till 8AM Sunday morning. Since then I can't go any longer than a day without crashing (or losing interest).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I can't recall my longest ever, to tell you the truth...but I did just have a nice 12 hour run with Star Ocean 3 the other day.

Sysgen

I recall it as I just about collapsed after I was finished.

20 hours Morrowind.

I started at 10am and went till 6am the next morning. I took a few short breaks. The last break was about 10PM and I lost track of time after that. Then the sun started to rise and I knew that I over did it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
You're all mega geeks.

The latest one I can remember was playing Mario Sunshine hardcore style over 3 days. The usual unproper eating periods, toilet breaks kept to a minimum and doing it all in peace and quiet.

I remember renting Breath of Fire II out one afternoon and played it till the sun rose, god knows how many hours that was.

The freakiest was when I was playing MGS2, got about 8 hours in or so and it was roughly 4am, tired as.. then Col. Campbell starts freaking out and tells me "you've had the console on for too long haven't you?! don't you think it's time to turn it off Raiden!"

"TURN THE GAME CONSOLE OFF NOW!"

Needless to say, I shat myself and was quite hesitant in finishing it up the next day.

lordmrw

Back around 1994 or so, I traded Wanderer's from Ys 3 for Final Fantasy 2 at a point. Felt good getting one over on those sons of bitches. But anyway, when I got home, I played for 6 hours, went to sleep, then proceeded to play 16 hours the next day and the one after that. God damn, I miss that.

Spike

Crono Trigger SNES

Started playing Saturday morning at 10:00am and stopped at 1:00am Sunday morning. Played another 8 hours or so on Sunday.

Solo play:

Project Gotham Racing,gaining all Golds,it'll make the hair on your balls stand up and salute you. Such a demanding game. I played all day,something like 8 hours straight trying to finish up the final 3 events.

Multi player,-what else...Halo. Played a few 6 hour marathons with friends. Death match and cooperative play never gets old.

*NOTE* the funniest gaming moment ever would be having casual video game friends try to drive home after playing 6 hours of Halo. Mass dizziness soon follows them,so much that you have to drive them home.

DCX

DCX
Let's see....
- Resident Evil...played for like 9 hours straight...and loved every minute of it!!
- Sonic Adventure...played all night and all morning, at least 15-18 hours!! The problem was i didn't have a VMU :( this was the import version by the way.
- Unreal Tournamnet Online...at least 6-7 hours overnight...

My gaming session range from 1-5 hours now a days, although Doom III had me playing about 3-4 hours last week :)

DCX

Stryder

Doom 3, the day of release I think I played it for 9-10 hours straight, went to sleep and woke up the next day to play 3-4 hours (which led me to the end of the game).

JayFro

Banned
3 weeks ago, Topspin against a friend we played 15 straight matches and it took about 9 hours. After that we played NFL2K5 for 3 more hours for a grand total of 12 hours of consecutive gaming. "It's good to play together"

Vitten

I once wasted 12 hours straight on Might And Magic II , some obscure old RPG I found on a collection disk. Somehow it just clicked and I couldn't turn away from it.

Ryo

A former friend played Quake II for 20 hours straight. Got his firs epileptic seizure right there and then, and today have serious trouble. Dumb f*ck

Sumidor

Panzer Dragoon Saga/Wind Waker, somewhere around the 24+ hours . Played Saga from start to finish, because my friend didn't have a memory card or whatever for it. Then played Wind Waker till I passed out. Had one, 1 hour break because my friend made me go out to eat, the bastard. Other than that, no food, no drinks, no bathroom breaks. I don't know the exact hours, all I remember is seeing my friend go to work, and then him coming home, and then the next morning going to work again.

Well, after I got DC, I bought it over my friend's house and we played Soul Calibur and NFL2K and NBA2K for the whole day, slept for a little bit, then played for the whole next day. There was some GTA2 mixed in.

Other than that, never anything over 5 hours. I'm not that hardcore it seems.

I think the longest was 16 hours for me.

My cousin and i played through DK when it first came out. His parents were away and we played all night, throughout the day, eating inbetween without blinking an eye.

Good days back then.

B'z-chan

Banned
Zelda OOT back in the day i got it for Thanksgiving I remember that day well. I ate up some turkey then i played for 47 hours straight and finished the game.

novery

Sumidor said:
Panzer Dragoon Saga/Wind Waker, somewhere around the 24+ hours . Played Saga from start to finish, because my friend didn't have a memory card or whatever for it.

panzer_dragoon_saga3.jpg
panzer_dragoon_saga4.jpg

This "friend" was me. I remember it vividly. Sumidor was my roommate at the time and we were both working at Nintendo for Christmas break. He was let go by our manager one afternoon, went back home, and started up Panzer Dragoon Saga. My Saturn memory cart was busted so if you turned the system off you lost all progress.

I came home later that evening and he was just getting warmed up. I woke up the next morning, he was still playing. I came back from work (again) and he was still playing.

We then went out to dinner, came back to the apartment, and he finally beat it around 11 pm, roughly 20 hours after he started. The scary part was, after he beat Saga he loaded up Rygar on PS2 and got halfway through it before passing out.

The most hardcore gaming session I've ever witnessed. Sumidor old buddy, wanna move in November 9?

-rp

Longest was playing Mario 64 for the first time, with two friends, trying to unlock as much as we could. It lasted 12+ hours with pretty much no breaks for anything except getting a soda, and going to the bathroom.

about 12 hours with Resident Evil for the PSX.
I turned the thing off after i got stuck with that younger - older puzzle.

Insertia

Probably Goldeneye. My friends and I would start in the morning and end close to midnight. We wouldn't even change maps (STACKS!!).
That happened many many times.

Other notables are PSO and Tribes. Sometimes I would play for 5-7 hours at a time.

luxsol

Breath of Fire 3, for the PSX, at around 32 hours straight. I took only one bathroom break and a bag of cheetos i had in my room was the only thing i ate.

I had no memory card for my PSX and i was determined to beat the game in a day. I got to the other continent but by then I couldn't stay up anymore so I went to sleep while I kept my PSX on. I woke up the next morning and my PSX was turned off. I didn't want to start from scratch again but i eventually replayed it (this time using a memory card to save my progress) about 4 years ago.

I've had other marathons (usually around 15 hours each) like this using my 1001 series PSX and it still works!

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Vagrant Story pre-release, 26-hour marathon with no breaks. What a dick I was.

Still, it's testament to Matsuno and co. that it's up there as one of the best days of my life.

Ramirez

Me and my friends would play Perfect Dark/GE from like 8 PM til 9 AM...crazy times,they were fun though :D

By myself I used to spend 10 or so hours on Diablo 2 when I was first introduced to it by a friend...

puck1337

14 hours straight on Civ III. I won, went to school, handed in an assignment to my prof, and went back home to sleep the sleep of the just.

Top Bottom