• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Top 10 Capcom games.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
What are your top ten Capcom games?

capcom_logo_with_sony_byline_by_appleberries22_deocivs-fullview.png

Here's mine:

1. Yeah, Rival Schools. It needs to make a return. Make it their 3D fighting game since Fighting EX Layer have stowed away with their SF EX characters .

rivalcoverart.png

2. Breath of Fire IV - It played second fiddle (maybe third? or fourth? or...) to Final Fantasy but it was an enjoyable traditional JRPG romp. I really like the simple design by Tatsuya Yoshikawa for the fourth one.

220px-BoFIVBox.png

3. Viewtiful Joe - Capcom has been sleeping on this franchise for far too long

220px-VJbox.jpg

5. Power Stone - A leaked doc, if to be believed, indicates there will be another Power Stone in the near future.

Power_Stone.jpg

6. DarkStalkers - Jesus Christ, Capcom, what a game!.

220px-Darkstalkers_Resurrection.png

7. Onimusha - The remaster gave me hope that there will be a new Onimusha at some point, but wow, what a gem!

220px-Onimusha_-_Warlords_Coverart.png

8. Okami - Another dead IP from Capcom with an amazing experience.

okami_hd.png

9. Dino Crisis - This game could fill the survival horror/action niche Capcom was trying with Resident Evil. Leave RE to be a pure survival horror game and have the action set pieces be on Dino Crisis instead.

s-l300.jpg

10. Dead Rising - After 4, I think this franchise would either be dormant for some time or outright killed. Just get back to what made Dead Rising a unique experience and go from there.

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1554415070

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Haven't played most of them, lol.

In no particular order:
Dragon's Dogma
Monster Hunter
REmake 2
RE 4
DMC V
Phoenix Wright (specially the first and the third ones)
MegaMan (nes games)

And I'm probably forgetting some.

Growing up all I had were my bros Nintendo consoles and a low tier PC, so I haven't played most of the PSX, PS2 or Dreamcast libraries.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
Resident Evil Remake
Onimusha: Warlords
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Monster Hunter World
Resident Evil 4
Viewtiful Joe
God Hand
Mega Man X

Last edited:

Vandole

In no particular order:

Duck Tales
Mega Man 2
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 7
Monster Hunter World
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mega Man X
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Phoenix Wright Trilogy

Last edited:

Camreezie

Dead Rising
Devil May Cry 5
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 4
Marvel vs Capcom 3

That's my top 5 theyve also had crazy influence on zombie games and the beat em up genre

anthony2690

Banned
In no particular order:
Gunbird 2 (yes I know developed by Psyiko, but published by capcom for Dreamcast)
Gotcha Force
Dragons Dogma
Breath of Fire IV
Street fighter: Third Strike
Monster Hunter World
Dino Crises 1/2
Onimusha
JoJo Bizarre Adenture
Gigawing (yes I know, only published by capcom)
Progear (yes I know developed by Cave, but published by capcom)

I can imagine I'm missing loads of games that I really enjoy/love by capcom, but my mind is pretty blank.

Last edited:
In no particular order…
Breath of Fire 2 (how about a remaster??!!!)
RE4
MegaMan Legends
Dragons Dogma
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition
Strider
Final Fight 2
Onimusha 2/3
Capcom vs Street Fighter
Mega Man 2

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Resident Evil: Remake
Resident Evil 2: Remake
MegaMan 2
MegaMan 3
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
MegaMan X
Capcom vs SNK 2
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Resident Evil 3: Remake
X-Men vs Street FIghter

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
1. Mega Man X > all other games
2. Street Fighter (series...all of them alpha, ex, .VS, X, etc etc)
-rest in no order -
Mega Man 2
LoZ: Ages/Oracle
Resident Evil Series
Strider (nes)
Ducktales/Chip -n- Dale/Darkwing Duck (nes) [these are Disney but not what I consider part of their Disney prime line: Mickey, Aladdin, Lion King, etc]
Their Disney Games (nes, snes, genesis)
Dragons Dogma
Breath of Fire games (mainly 3 and 4)
Some of their "Justice" games too.

I mean.....it's a big damn list.

NahaNago

My top games would be mega man legends 1 and 2, devil may cry 1-5, the onimusha games, and the x-men versus streetfighter. Mega man battle network was good to. I probably would like a lot more of their games if I had played them but I've mostly only played street fighter in arcades and I never jumped on to resident evil when it first came out.

Looks like a list of all their less popular and/or dead games and IPs. It’s the videogame forum post version of when you end up talking to a hipster at a bar and they start listing off bands no one has ever heard of for cool points. The fact that not a single monster hunter game is in the list proves this imo.

What are your top ten Capcom games?

capcom_logo_with_sony_byline_by_appleberries22_deocivs-fullview.png

Here's mine:

1. Yeah, Rival Schools. It needs to make a return. Make it their 3D fighting game since Fighting EX Layer have stowed away with their SF EX characters .

rivalcoverart.png

2. Breath of Fire IV - It played second fiddle (maybe third? or fourth? or...) to Final Fantasy but it was an enjoyable traditional JRPG romp. I really like the simple design by Tatsuya Yoshikawa for the fourth one.

220px-BoFIVBox.png

3. Viewtiful Joe - Capcom has been sleeping on this franchise for far too long

220px-VJbox.jpg

5. Power Stone - A leaked doc, if to be believed, indicates there will be another Power Stone in the near future.

Power_Stone.jpg

6. DarkStalkers - Jesus Christ, Capcom, what a game!.

220px-Darkstalkers_Resurrection.png

7. Onimusha - The remaster gave me hope that there will be a new Onimusha at some point, but wow, what a gem!

220px-Onimusha_-_Warlords_Coverart.png

8. Okami - Another dead IP from Capcom with an amazing experience.

okami_hd.png

9. Dino Crisis - This game could fill the survival horror/action niche Capcom was trying with Resident Evil. Leave RE to be a pure survival horror game and have the action set pieces be on Dino Crisis instead.

s-l300.jpg

10. Dead Rising - After 4, I think this franchise would either be dormant for some time or outright killed. Just get back to what made Dead Rising a unique experience and go from there.

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1554415070
Your list is bad.

1. Resident Evil REmake
2. Resident Evil 2 Remake
3. Dragon's Dogma
4. Resident Evil VII
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Okami
7. Duck Tales
8. Street Fighter II
9. Legend of Zelda- Minish Cap
10. Monster Hunter World

NikuNashi

OP that list is crazy.

I had rival schools it wasnt anything special. Same with Viewtiful Joe.

No SF2, No biohazard 1 / 4?

Thats a hipster list.

manfestival

Hmmm

1: Powerstone 2: this I am certain is my favorite title of theirs.
2. Megaman X: Played this game so many times.
3. Megaman 2: Amazing game and so many fond memories.
5. Marvel vs Capcom 2: Legendary
6. Monster Hunter World: Love this game and the amount of content that it has.
7: Dragons Dogma: Fun game that I made sure I put the time into. Waited a while to play it but glad I experienced it.
8. Lost Planet: fun game
9. DMC1
10. DmC : Not sure if I include this since the mention of this game makes people lose their minds. Especially since I preferred it over 2,3, and 4(haven't touched 5 yet)

Never cared for Resident Evil games. Street Fighter games are always fantastic but this is just a top 10 list. Strider was great. Dead Rising is fun but it doesn't quite reach the same highs that I got from every other franchise that I have enjoyed from capcom.

Breath of Fire I don't think I have ever played and it is a shame since I love that genre.

Celcius

°Temp. member
In no order:

Street fighter 3 3rd strike
Powerstone 2
Capcom vs SNK 2
MvC2
Megaman x4
Megaman x
Street fighter 5
Megaman x6
Super puzzle fighter 2 turbo
Darkstalkers 3

I may put warzard on the list after the Capcom fighting collection comes out later this year.

Last edited:
Capcom is, far and way, my favorite publisher (and it's not even close; Nintendo, and 16-bit era Konami, are distant second/third/etc). So in some ways, this list was both easy and difficult. Easy, because I love Capcom games. Difficult, because it means I had to reduce it to 10. Any given gaming platform I own, whether it's a retro console, a modern console, or PC, is heavily dominated by Capcom games.

1. Resident Evil 4

resi4hd-head.png

The greatest video game of all time. Not much else to say.

2. Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge ("Super Turbo")

10013701.jpg

Never one to shy away from a hot take, I think this (and not the good, but massively overrated Street Fighter III: Third Strike) is Capcom's crowning achievement in 2D fighting games. The game is simple on the surface, but deep underneath, so both casual and hardcore players can enjoy it. The game is better balanced than people give it credit for; many characters have a fair shot, when in good hands. (Exhibit A: Someone won the Super Turbo tournament at EVO in 2019 with Dictator, who is a mid/mid-low tier character AT BEST.) Controls are tight, characters handle well, game looks good, and plays well. What else can you ask for?

3. Mega Man X

snes_mega_man_x_p_xky270.0.jpg

Still to this day, possibly my favorite action platformer. This game is the reason why I vastly prefer the "X" series to the classic Mega Man series. The controls, the challenging (but fair) stages and bosses, the EPIC soundtrack, the beautiful 2D visuals, all of the secrets and powerups... This game really has it all.

4. Marvel Super Heroes

10024001.jpg

Out of all of the Capcom-published Marvel fighting games, this is my favorite one to play. This game (along with its immediate successor X-Men vs Street Fighter) is directly responsible for my username on this site. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous visuals, great fighting flow, and even though the roster is relatively small (especially compared to later Marvel games) it's varied and pretty fun -- it's like going to a restaurant that has a very small menu but EVERY dish is fantastic.

5. Final Fight (Arcade)

10019601.jpg

My favorite beat 'em up of all time, which is saying a lot because during the latter CPS-1 era and early through mid CPS-2 era, Capcom put out A LOT of excellent beat 'em ups (e.g., Alien vs Predator, Punisher, and pretty much ANY of the games in the "Capcom Beat 'Em Up Collection"). The hits feel great and have awesome feedback; the flow (especially with Cody and Guy, not so much with Haggar) feels great, the game looks great, the bosses are memorable and iconic, and the soundtrack is god-tier. The arcade version is available in many places, so go for that one; for many reasons, the Super Nintendo version is (while still good), ass compared to the Arcade version.

.................... The rest of the entries are heavy on Resident Evil, so if you're not a fan of the series, you can stop reading right here, LOL.

6. Resident Evil 2 (1998)

GjPBtmWAGckbv8kQhMaPmf.jpg

[AVATAR ALERT :messenger_tears_of_joy: ...] I play this game several times a year. That's how good and fun it is. Replay value is insanely high, when you take into account 4 scenarios with their own quirks, as well as the HUNK and Tofu scenarios, unlockables, etc. Probably the greatest of all Resident Evil soundtracks, which is saying a lot, because in the classic RE games (1 through Code Veronica), they all have legendary soundtracks. Iconic characters. I can't sing the praises of this game enough.

7. Resident Evil 3 (1999)

960x0.jpg

Even though I listed RE2 classic higher because overall I like it more, I have more fun playing Resident Evil 3, because as far as gameplay goes, it is better than RE2 classic in every measurable way. Insane weapon variety. Smoother, faster action (the 180-degree turn is a god-send!). More enemies. Live choice selection which has actual tangible effects on the story and locations. This game has awesome locations (e.g., ClockTower; RE3 2020 why did you let me down on this front? :messenger_loudly_crying:). And of course, the most iconic villain in the series and one of the most iconic villains in video games, period.

8. Resident Evil 2 (2019)

digitalfoundry-2019-resident-evil-2-remake-multi-platform-tech-analysis-1548481983291.jpg

While it's barely "kind of good" as a remake of the original Resident Evil 2, this is a fantastic video game in its own right, and honestly how a video game should be remade in our current times. Yes, that's my hot take, for all of those who are still salty that this wasn't remade in a fixed camera style. If you want a fixed camera game, go play the original RE2! This game plays really well, has awesomely designed bosses, looks great, has great weapon handling and feel, great voice acting and reimagining of the characters (Leon is still a goofball, but slightly less so than in the original game; and Claire is still a bad ass, maybe even more so than in the original game.)

9. Resident Evil 3 (2020)

12182178-16x9-large.jpg

This is my "fuck the haters" pick, LOL. Yes, as a remake of the original Resident Evil 3... on that category alone, this game almost outright fails. But as a video game in its own right, it's FUN to play; just like the original RE3 is the most fun I have with the original trilogy, this game is the most fun (for me) out of the remake trilogy. The perfect dodge (Jill)/Falcon Punch (Carlos) mechanic ALONE is so incredibly satisfying to use, that it makes a lot of the game for me. Also, haters gonna hate, but new-Jill is awesome (both great looks and fantastic voice acting). The looks and voice acting across the board are improvements over the classic versions of the characters. And the game had pretty good length, I'm not one of those that complains about "LOL 6 hours." I checked Steam and have... 60 hours on this game, so far.

10. Resident Evil (2002; aka "REmake")

resident-evil-new-remake.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get in hot water for placing this game so low on my personal list, since it seems to be a GAF darling. Don't get me wrong, REmake is an amazing game in its own right, an awesome remake, and probably the game that is most deserving of the "Resident Evil" title. But this is my personal list, so I do what I want :messenger_winking_tongue: The problem (for me) with REmake is that it's stuck in between a rock and a hard place; I find the aiming (especially in manual mode), gun feel/feedback, and movement to be WORSE than the PS1 trilogy games (and yes, that includes the very original Resident Evil, the 1996 version that this game is a remake of); because of that, I find that it's appropriate as a remake in 2002, but not in 2022, which is why I prefer the more modernized remakes of RE2 and RE3. On top of that, this game was remade in a more "serious" fashion than the original, yet uses a lot of lines (word for word) from the original, so now you have the original lines delivered without any of the campy charm of the original.

But this game has a lot to love: It's absolutely gorgeous, the cameras have awesome angles, the addition of the Lisa Trevor subplot adds an emotional and tragic depth that was honestly kind of lacking in other RE games, and the Crimson Heads are probably the best addition in any RE game I can think of. Yet...

Anyway, if you ask me on a different day, the rankings might change (except for #1; RE4 is my top game every day). And there were too many awesome Capcom games that I had to leave out (looking at you, Vampire Savior) because, again, limited to 10 entries.

I have really enjoyed, and often loved, almost every Capcom game I've ever played. The only Capcom game I outright hated was Remember Me, and only because it seriously squashed its great potential.

Nautilus

Banned
Easier to list Capcom Franchises than a certain game, because otherwise this list would never end lol.

8. Dragon's Dogma

7. The King Of Dragons

6. Devil May Cry.

5. Ghost Trick

4. Bionic Commando

3. Ace Attorney

2. Mega Man

1. Resident Evil

Perrott

Gold Member
I don't think I've completed and liked enough Capcom games to fill an entire top 10, but all I want to say is that Onimusha 3: Demon Siege is the GOAT

Codes 208

1. Monster Hunter World
2. REmake 2
3. Zelda minish cap (yes im counting this)
4. RE7
5. Dead Rising 2
6. Megaman Xtreme
7. MvC2
8. RE5 (an unpopular opinion)
9. SF4
10. Dead Rising 3

Kokoloko85

This is hard.

Resident Evil would be at the top. Either RE1 Remake Or RE2.

Followed by the Street Fighter games like SF2, Alpha 2, Xmen vs Street fighter

1.RE1 Remake or RE2
2.Street Fighter 2/ Alpha 2 or Xmen vs Street Fighter
3.Onimusha 1,2 and 3

The rest is depending on the day
Megaman 3 or MegaMan X3, DMC, DMC3, PowerStone, Ducktales, Okami, Ghouls n Ghost, RE4, RE8, Code Veronica,RE2-3remake,
Snk vs Capcom 2, 3rd Strike, Marvel VS Street Fighter etc

Kokoloko85

OP that list is crazy.

I had rival schools it wasnt anything special. Same with Viewtiful Joe.

No SF2, No biohazard 1 / 4?

Thats a hipster list.

Viewtiful Joe was quite cool, far from perfect and short but fun combat for the time. I agree on the no biohazard lol

Last edited:

GametimeUK

1. Okami
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Megaman X
4. Resident Evil 2
5. Viewtiful Joe
6. Dead Rising
7. Devil May Cry 1
8. Zelda Minish Cap
9. Monster Hunter World
10. Megaman 2

(Edit) Slap Resi 2 Remake at number 6 and drop every other game after it down a peg.

(Double edit) I thought I had Devil May Cry 5 in there. My list is fucked up. Capcom are good.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

• Capcom vs. SNK 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Marvel vs. Capcom
  • Street Fighter 3rd Strike
  • X-Men vs. Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter V
  • Final Fight
  • Devil May Cry
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Mega Man X3

Vandole

Everybody trying so hard to not say Street Fighter 2.
SF2 was a life changing game. It was like seeing color for the first time. But I think it's aged pretty poorly. When I picked up the 30th anniversary collection, I just couldn't play it anymore.

stn

I just finished work so I don't have the energy to order my list, but here it is in no order:

Street Fighter X Tekken
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Resident Evil 4
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
Aladdin
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
Devil May Cry 3
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Street Fighter 5

ManaByte

Gold Member
Strider
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom/Shadow Over Mystara
Ghouls & Ghosts
Duck Tales
Ultra Street Fighter II
Resident Evil 2
Mega Man II
Power Stone
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Vampire Savior

No particular order.

Capcom vs. SNK 2
Darkstalkers 3
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 2
Okami
Devil May Cry 3
Dragon's Dogma
Mega Man X
Monster Hunter Rise
God Hand or Ultra SFIV

Jennings

I'll give my top 8 (and platform I played it) since I can't think of 2 other capcom games I enjoyed. Some of these are among my favorite games of all time.

1942 (Arcade)
Bionic Commando (NES)
Street Fighter 2 (Arcade)
Monster Hunter World (Xbox One)
Monster Hunter Rise (Switch)
Strider (Arcade)
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Wii)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Xbox One)

Dr_Salt

Nice stealth console fanboy thread op.

Anyways mine in no particular order:
Godhand
RE2:Remake
Monster Hunter World
D&D:Shadow Over Mystara
Lost Planet 2
MvC2
CvS2
Ultra SF4
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
SSF2

Astral Dog

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 2002
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 7
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
Devil May Cry 4
MegaMan Zero series
MegaMan ZX and
Battle Network series

slade

In no particular order:

Resident Evil 2
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Capcom vs SNK 2
X-men vs. Street Fighter
Tech Romancer
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams
Viewtiful Joe
Devil May Cry 3 (not the weaksauce edition)
Okami

Top Bottom