• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your wife slept with over 20 guys in college, she tells you 20 years later

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
Idiots also mocked me for being still virgin at 21. To each their own I guess. Will concede it means nothing while tied into the bigger picture.
Exactly my point. Shaming someone for their sexual activity or lack thereof is just stupid.

Booya

Neo Member
Haha lordie. It's sex, the most basic essential genetic imperative other than eating and drinking. There is no mystical significance to sleeping with one person in your life or sleeping with a thousand; no one makes note of it and the only one who give a shit are people who place some bizarre moral mesh over the proceedings... which is generally one of those comical religious things that has been outdated in the 17th century.

What about enjoying sex with multiple consenting adults makes the existence 'trashy'? Can you define it in any terms that make sense without resorting to "cause God says so." Please remember the qualifier "that make sense."

Don't know if that's what he means but too many ONS have depressing effects on a lot of people. There is no religious argument for me in this discussion. It's rather emotional detachment that may make you feel "trashy".

Narolf

Banned
I'll probably get hate for this or even banned, but the perception of women are naturally "weaker" than man certainly must play into this. I still can't grasp it, but I know there is a reason when I look at a woman who has had sex with over 20 guys, compared to a male who did the equivalent and think nothing of his actions, maybe even to give him a job well done, and treat her with shame. Why is this?

It's not about "weakness", but double-standards that are based on what mass medias convey or even religion sometimes. In that one case, a guy doing the same would be considered a charming lad.

ZaCH3000

Ignorance is assuming I've never had sex. Not my fault you people want to be used goodies. Like I said, do what you feel you should do. I just don't want any part of a trashy existence like that.

So you opt for a spiteful existence enforcing your judgement on others lifestyles instead?

This thread still going? Seriously.... Talk about insecure.

If this is a deal breaker you either need to grow up or there are other unresolved relationship issues and you're using this as an excuse to want out.

Actually, never mind. Just grow the fuck up.

Amir0x

Banned
Don't know if that's what he means but too many ONS have depressing effects on a lot of people. There is no religious argument for me in this discussion. It's rather emotional detachment that may make you feel "trashy".

I don't know what that means, genuinely. What is "a lot of people"? Where is the source for this information? If indeed there is any meaningful increase in depression, is the depression because of the sex or because of the absurd restrictions modern society wants to place on what was appropriate sexual behavior making people feel guilty?

One thing is for certain: Sex is a basic human thing and we were designed to have lots of it; it's completely devoid of any moral value one way or the other, unless we insert that into the mix.

xaosslug

first, I would wonder why she's telling me this. Second, I would raise my hand in an offer of the highest of fives. Don't hate the player, get in the game.

Sorian

Banned
Ignorance is assuming I've never had sex. Not my fault you people want to be used goodies. Like I said, do what you feel you should do. I just don't want any part of a trashy existence like that.

So either you've never had sex or you're used goodies? I'm going to assume that you are "used goodies" just like most of us.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Honestly 20 guys isnt even much in my opinion.

I dont tally the number of women ive slept with but Im probably past 50 or more.

Youre young, you experiment. And thats fine. You gotta get the experience and exercise from somewhere.

Narolf

Banned
Exactly my point. Shaming someone for their sexual activity or lack thereof is just stupid.

Yep. People usually put sex in par with drinking and eating to downplay it, while, to me, it has to be downplayed even lower than that: I don't consider it as a need. Again, I'm talking about my own vision here. Putting emphasis on "own" once more not because I feel insecure for holding up to it so tightly, rather because there is just no point in trying to discuss sex by and large granted of how personal it actually is.

aparisi2274

How do you react?

That's a lot of dick.

20 guys over a 4 year period (if she did graduate in 4 years), thats about 5 guys a year... there are 12 months in a year, so maybe she slept with 1 guy every couple of months...

That's not bad at all.

If she said she slept with 20 guys each semester, then I would worry.

Sorian

Banned
Yep. People usually put sex in par with drinking and eating to downplay it while, to me, it has to be downplayed even lower than that: I don't consider it as a need. Again, I'm talking about my own vision here. Putting emphasis on "own" once more not because I feel insecure for holding up to it so tightly, rather because there is just no point in trying to discuss sex by and large granted of how personal it is.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but regardless of your vision. Sex is a physiological need.

maslows_hierarchy_of_needs-4.jpg

hoos30

It makes sense to me that if you are fooling around in your younger years, chances are that you are going to have a tougher time adjusting to a longterm relationship. It becomes a habit that is hard to get rid of, especially if you start it in your younger years.

This is not true. When I was college age I slept with X women, where X is a number I haven't yet seen in this thread. Been married ten years and have never thought about cheating. Frankly, there is no shape or ethnicity that I haven't enjoyed, so there is no random skirt that is gonna tempt me.

Pious Pete, on the other hand, would probably kirk out the first time he goes on a business trip and the solid 5 at the bar gives him a wink.

Gustav

Banned
Haha lordie. It's eating, the most basic essential genetic imperative other than sex and drinking. There is no mystical significance to living vegetarian or eating meat; no one makes note of it and the only one who give a shit are people who place some bizarre moral mesh over the proceedings... which is generally one of those comical religious things that has been hip since the 1970s.

Compared it to another essential genetic imperative for you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Your Japanese pillow doll doesn't count as getting laid.
Don't insult people's waifus. How would you like it if he slagged off your girl?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but regardless of your vision. Sex is a physiological need.
He's got a hand and the web. That need is sorted. Or are you saying he can never be motivated because the bottom need will never be fulfilled?

Cloudy

Banned
Also, sleeping with 20 dudes equals maybe... 26 fucks in 4 years (I assume she is not together with anyone of them).

Isn't it "worse" is she is banged each and every day by the same dick?

No, it isn't worse. I don't think anyone is seriously arguing about "mileage" LOL.

IMO it's much better for a guy/girl to have fewer different partners in a short time period even if they fuck every day.

Sorian

Banned
Read studies on how love increases lifetimes, but I demand a scientific scheme-proof on that particular point, please.

http://www.naturalnews.com/025393_health_WHO_life.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9448525?dopt=AbstractPlus

I believe the second link is to the study they discussed in the first link, if so yay! if not, then I just presented two pieces instead of one yay!

Now, if you are going to be a pain, and try to ask me for concrete solid evidence then you are never going to get that and you never will. This correlation can only be observed and observational only studies can never produce concrete 100% of the time evidence.

He's got a hand and the web. That need is sorted. Or are you saying he can never be motivated because the bottom need will never be fulfilled?

The touch and bonding aspect of sex are actually where half of the "goodness" comes from (the other half being all the muscles that get worked during sex). That's why duet sex will always be better than solo sex
threesome anyone? :D

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I know this has probably been addressed, but how many of those labeling her as damaged goods or loose wouldn't bang 20 hot chicks if they had the chance?

I cannot blame any girl for doing what I'd do. Specially if she's now my wife of 20 fucking years.

Sorian

Banned
I know this has probably been addressed, but how many of those labeling her as damaged goods or loose wouldn't bang 20 hot chicks if they had the chance?

I cannot blame any girl for doing what I'd do. Specially if she's now my wife of 20 fucking years.

But.....but if a woman has sex, she is a tainted, unholy object. If I have sex, I am praised as a king
/sarcasm

Well I wish it was all sarcasm and personally, I am being sarcastic but people still think this shit and we are in 2013

Demon Ice

Banned
This is why society is so filthy and used up. I feel sorry for these poor vapid souls who sleep around like It's nothing. Others are entitled to do what they want, but don't expect others to accept it. Two cents.

Jesus Christ. Is your pastor giving you extra credit for this?

It's sex. With the proper (simple) precautions, it feels amazing and literally has no downsides, apart from the ones the various fairy tale religions invent to keep their followers in line.

Sorian

Banned
Jesus Christ. Is your pastor giving you extra credit for this?

It's sex. With the proper (simple) precautions, it feels amazing and literally has no downsides, apart from the ones the various fairy tale religions invent to keep their followers in line.

Not always religion. Some people really do grow up with this garbage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ-jg670bE

Edit: Quick personal revelation!

They want to experience the thrill of blood from breaking the hymen.

I've taken 2 v-cards and I've never seen this blood horror story that people talk about when the hymen comes into play. Everything was clean both times but maybe I'm just lucky. Also, before anyone throws it in, I went on to have sex with both of those girls on multiple occassions so it wasn't just some fluke thing. Also, inb4 they weren't really virgins or whatever other non-sense.

Narolf

Banned
Now, if you are going to be a pain, and try to ask me for concrete solid evidence then you are never going to get that and you never will. This correlation can only be observed and observational only studies can never produce concrete 100% of the time evidence.
This correlation can only be observed and observational only studies can never produce concrete 100% of the time evidence.
Eh... come on now. Nothing to get sneaky for.

How is the impact of sex on the life-time gaugeable if it can only be "observational" as you put it? You are effectively implying it is tied to rather arbitrary boundaries by resorting to use that term. I'm not saying those studies are necessarily wrong, but the outcomes of having sex mentioned in your links could very well be due to love/married life and physical activities, as well; two fields that are easier to quantify.

Sorian

Banned
Eh... come on now. Nothing to get sneaky for.

How is the impact of sex on the life-time gaugeable if it can only be "observational" as you put it? You are effectively implying it is tied to rather arbitrary boundaries by resorting to use that term. I'm not saying those studies are necessarily wrong, but the outcomes of having sex mentioned in your links could very well be due to love/married life and physical activities, as well; two fields that are easier to quantify.

I didn't look to deep into the one I posted because I just grabbed the first one I could find because these studies have been on the rise lately (since 2008 maybe? meaning most of them started their studies in the mid-late 90s). If you look though they purposely used males that had similar workout/physical lifestyles and the men themselves ranged from monogamous the entire study to manwhore the entire study. People were getting the same results without love (although love is another need based on my phyramid above but that is more of a mental need as opposed to a physiological).

Also, I don't know why you put observational in quotes. That's the scientific way to term something that can't be quantified in any other way. You can't really attribute formula or something to this, all it can ever be is a correlation but the correlation is definately there.

Also this assumes more natural type deaths obviously. More sex won't stop a car from hitting you or anything like that

I won't quote anyone specific because I think multiple people in this thread are having a hard time seeing us from their high horse. It's just sex people, yes that's right it's just sex. As long as you are safe about it and you aren't bringing an unneccessary life into the world who gives a flying fuck? But then this is coming from someone who thinks open relationships are fine because sex is totally possible and acceptable without feelings.

Not "just" sex for everybody and some people can't disassociate so easy. People should just respect those differences and realize it's OK to feel differently and want a partner that has a similar mindset to yourself.

Not sure why either side has to be wrong and say people are "insert insult here" cause they don't share their view on such a personal matter.

Sadsic

i would be more annoyed that she kept that from me than if she actually did that

she could probably fuck that many dudes in front of me and i wouldnt care

hypothetically speaking

Sorian

Banned
Not "just" sex for everybody and some people can't disassociate so easy. People should just respect those differences and realize it's OK to feel differently and want a partner that has a similar mindset to yourself.

Not sure why either side has to be wrong and say people are "insert insult here" cause they don't share their view on such a personal matter.

Well it is just sex. Beyond that, if you want to put it up on a pedastal thats your issue not mine. I don't place food or sleep on a pedastal, why would I place something else that my body requires of me on a pedastal. Honestly, I blame religion and the fact that the US is such a prudish country (offically, the citizens themselves are obviously a grab-bag). Even people from other countries get some of the taint from the fact that the US feels the need to hide sex away from everyone and everything.

Sorian you do know that most people here don't have a problem with sex. No one is saying that they expect their wives to be virginal or anything crazy like that or at least that I have seen.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian you do know that most people here don't have a problem with sex. No one is saying that they expect their wives to be virginal or anything crazy like that or at least that I have seen.

I'm just responding to specific people at this point. This thread has overstayed its welcome so I figured some mini-conversations could at least make things a little bit more interesting in here.

Well it is just sex. Beyond that, if you want to put it up on a pedastal thats your issue not mine. I don't place food or sleep on a pedastal, why would I place something else that my body requires of me on a pedastal. Honestly, I blame religion and the fact that the US is such a prudish country (offically, the citizens themselves are obviously a grab-bag). Even people from other countries get some of the taint from the fact that the US feels the need to hide sex away from everyone and everything.

What if it's not a "problem" for some people? I'm not afraid of sexuality, I'm not religious. I just don't care for casual sex. It's not putting anything on a pedestal, it's simply having a different viewpoint of intimacy and emotions related to sexuality.

I agree with people saying they shouldn't be judged for viewing sex as something casual but it's absolutely hypocritical to say that while thinking anyone who doesn't share your mindset has a problem.

I'm just responding to specific people at this point. This thread has overstayed its welcome so I figured some mini-conversations could at least make things a little bit more interesting in here.

Understood there are definitively people in here who fit both extremes of the spectrum. Didn't mean to single you out as it's clear you are targeting a very specific group.

i-Lo

From my point of view, as an individual who has yet to experience either a long term relationship or sex, perhaps I would feel a touch cheated because it would claw at my own insecurities arising from own self consciousness and image. Perhaps then I would it would go through the motions shifting from anger to rationalisation; after all, she did choose me for the last 20 years meaning it went well beyond just sex. Still, perhaps a small part of me would nag asking whether she hooked up with me because I was not only as good as the rest in bed but adept at other facets of factors that holds relationships together (ranging from personality to skill set) or whether I was just good enough to have more than compensated for my, perhaps average, sex skills (remember this is all going on in my head without any knowledge as to how good or bad those other guys were and asking her would perhaps make me look pitiful) with the rest of aforementioned aspects. Perhaps, later would come the moment of disillusionment in knowing that nothing has truly changed and that that secret affected nothing in our marriage and that my wife has enough faith in me to move past (immediately or in time) the reaction to the information she may have thought was a burden to her and wanted to share it. I would have gained perspective from this somewhat uncomfortable knowledge knowing we both dedicated our lives to each other and that my wife would not trade in the past 20 years of our marriage to screw many more random guys.

But hey, what would I know, I am still a virgin.

Sorian

Banned
What if it's not a "problem" for some people? I'm not afraid of sexuality, I'm not religious. I just don't care for casual sex. It's not putting anything on a pedestal, it's simply having a different viewpoint of intimacy and emotions related to sexuality.

I agree with people saying they shouldn't be judged for viewing sex as something casual but it's absolutely hypocritical to say that while thinking anyone who doesn't share your mindset has a problem.

I'm curious why you quoted the word problem when I didn't even use it. (I don't think?) I never said it was a problem. I did say that if you put a need on a pedastal then that is your issue. If casual sex isn't for you then that is fine. I don't expect everyone to go out and get laid every night. I just think that people need to learn to divide sex and love. Those two things can be together and should be together at some point but one shouldn't be the pre-requisite or co-requisite for the other.

Understood there are definitively people in here who fit both extremes of the spectrum. Didn't mean to single you out as it's clear you are targeting a very specific group.

And yeah, I'm just sending my statements and questions out to people across the aisle from me today. Usually, I'd be more of a devil's advocate to get convo from everyone but I'm not feeling it at the moment :p

Narolf

Banned
Also, I don't know why you put observational in quotes. That's the scientific way to term something that can't be quantified in any other way. You can't really attribute formula or something to this, all it can ever be is a correlation but the correlation is definately there.

Nothing but a loss of translation I've just come to realize. In French, scientific observations aren't always enough to draw conclusions, because they are just that--observations.

I see your point now, and agree with pretty much everything of it; let alone love being more mental than physiological. Both weight as much from my experience, as in two pillars with equal strength; if one falters, the entire roof could come down.

Yeah but you don't have to be a virgin with unrealistic expectations about sex or women to find over 20 partners in 4 years to be more than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom