• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're a movie director - what game(s) would you adapt and why?

Fuz

Banned
Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces.
M. Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.
Chun-Li: You don't remember?!
Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
So, he does remember.

McCarth

ps2_silent_hill_2-110214.jpg

How they made 2 of these films already and didn't adapt the best game is insane.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This is an easy answer for me:

Bioshock: Fall of Rapture. Not a strict adaptation of the game, but a survival story set during Rapture's collapse. Social satire/body horror in the grand tradition of David Cronenberg.

There's a reason most game adaptations aren't very good (well, several reasons). They don't usually translate very directly.

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
Oblivion - why?

Seriously though, I think the main story could be a great movie if it got the right budget, directors and cast.

Quake with Batista as the Quake guy. I'd film it like Wall-E. Very few words and in a way that your balls will stick to your leg the entire time.

Last edited:

e0n

Chrono Trigger: The Movie. One of the greatest Jrpgs of all time, a character-driven time traveling adventure with several intertwining storylines.

Lewis Tan as Crono
41kh1n13tbl._ac_tujou.jpg

Katheryn Winnick as Marle
fec55924467a1f0f6bd9fhbkxr.jpg

Rashida Jones as Lucca
1bkxq.png

Cary Elwes as Frog
vojvj.jpg

Dave Bautista as Robo
gears-5-dave-bautistak2ja0.jpg

Brigette Bardot as Ayla
brigette-bardot-hairsgpj8b.jpg

Steven Berkoff as Magus
311b7da0f7d8d8509ab85kmkmv.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Monkey Island trilogy

we make the first two movies and hire Ron Gilbert to write the third, based on his original idea for Monkey 3.

Oddspeak

I want to take a crack at Shadow of the Colossus. It's a game where the gameplay is basically needed to tell the story, but I think it's possible to still emulate the feeling of playing it.

- Lots of open scenery shots, tracking shots, long takes, especially during Colossi fights.
- Very, very little dialogue.
- Several Colossi will need to be cut so it's not unreasonably long.

A truly faithful SotC movie would honestly just end up being a very high budget arthouse film, which is something that no sane production company would bankroll, so fuck it, I'll do it myself.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Monkey Island trilogy

we make the first two movies and hire Ron Gilbert to write the third, based on his original idea for Monkey 3.
I would definitely like to see a Sam and Max film, especially because Steve Purcell works for Pixar. Not necessarily an adaptation of the game though, but maybe something based on the comics or a new story.

It would never happen though, I think Sam and Max is a little too PG-13 them. Maybe if you cut out the guns.

Kenpachii

Myst, would love to see another mysterious island with weird portals and puzzle type of movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom