• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube demonetizing Gaming channels that curse. (mostly only gaming channels in terms of quantity)

Stitch

Gold Member
I understand why they've done this, but selfishly, I hate hate hate hearing bleeps in YouTube videos.
It's really terrible. I wish they would just mute the audio at the swearing part like they do in some rap songs for the radio edit.

Petrae

YouTube personalities are going to either have to play along if they want to get paid through ad revenue or they’re going to have to seek alternate sources of income (sponsorships, crowdfunding).

Nobody is dumb enough to try and create a new alternative video platform, because the legal and copyright headaches just aren’t worth it. Those who have tried (VidMe) couldn’t last a year, while Vimeo and DailyMotion are just kinda hanging on.

Cinemassacre/AVGN does sponsorships to get around the demonetization, and I’m sure a Patreon would work for James & company if it came to that. Cinemassacre dropped premieres from Amazon Prime because the videos weren’t available in every country.

SonGoku

Wait wasn't this the case since the adpocalypse?
I'm okay with this. Too may morons (like the one posted in OP's video) usually act outraged and curse until they meet their length quota for kids to watch in the background while they play fortnite. The less money these people make the better.
Yikes dude this aint tv, the whole appeal of YouTube and other sites is the freedom of art not limited by tv restrictions
Nobody wants YouTube to turn into to some pg13 pc cesspool.

Last edited:

Singular7

Posts like this are what prove the regressive left folks right, and it has nothing to do with the topic.

Sure it does.

We need the male mind to return, because the "regressive left" thought controller "fairness through government" and social control represents the female mind, and it doesn't work for creating productive societies which benefit everyone.

That mindset does work perfectly in small units, like the family, and softens the harsh truth seeking reality of the male mind. Youtube is attempting to mother large groups, and it will fail miserably.

"universal basic income" and awards for failure, along with youtube's censorship, all lead to the same place, which in effect is being conquered by the male mind not seeking truth, but power.

Hopefully that makes sense! Basic understanding of Karl Marx vs. Adam Smith required.

Last edited:

Sejan

Youtube’s Problem isn’t censorship. It is a lack of clarity for an ever changing set of rules. If you are going to publish on a platform, you must expect to follow certain rules. This is double true when you are dealing with advertisers. This is even more true when the platform is accessible by children.

There are a number of ways this can easily be improved.
1. Youtube needs to be clear about rules and changes. This needs to be done in a timely manner.
2. Allow language and other questionable content to be flagged. It can be enabled or or disabled in account settings.

Solomeena

Banned
We need an alternative to Youtube/Google. So sick of Google trying to stamp out how real people act in life, fuck you Google.

european.jpg

We need crusaders to make a come-back.

Lmao go back to europe

Orpheum

Youtube is trying to become a "safe" TV family program or what?

That's exactly what they want. Just watch the rewinds of 2018 and 2017 and you can clearly see what they are trying to portray themselves as. TV audiences are converting more and more towards YT and people watching are getting younger it seems. So the shit they're doing atm is to make the platform as advertiser friendly as possible in my opinion, all while alienating a large amount of content creators...

Its not youtube suddenly getting morals. Its advertisement. They are chasing the add revenue of companies that would not allow their adds ins "problematic" content.

Look what happened to Game Of Thrones once HBO smelled the add revenue.

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Videos should require an age rating based certain criteria like swearing and violence. I'm sure advertisers would love that since they can target certain age groups better.

nikolino840

Videos should require an age rating based certain criteria like swearing and violence. I'm sure advertisers would love that since they can target certain age groups better.
But there Is the option to upload a video and marking as +18 .. the problem Is YouTubers are greedy

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yikes dude this aint tv, the whole appeal of YouTube and other sites is the freedom of art not limited by tv restrictions
Nobody wants YouTube to turn into to some pg13 pc cesspool.
It is already a gigantic cesspool. I'd say it beats regular tv in the braindead department. I said I was ok with this as it would most likely only affect bottom dwellers. Ironically most of these people are youtube partners. There is also nothing in youtube's policy that indicates freedom and videos are subject to rules not sure where you get art from either. Censorship is shit, yes. But this one time I can sit back and laugh.

SonGoku

I said I was ok with this as it would most likely only affect bottom dwellers. Ironically most of these people are youtube partners.
You are walking a dangerous line of censoring what i dont like type attitude, what's your criteria for determining a bottom dweller and where do you gets your stats to claim it mainly affects them?
Numerous decent content creators have spoken out how ridiculous it gets with demonetization, this doesn't affect only people who make a reputation of cursing a lot but also content creators who may do so sporadically

youtube's policy that indicates freedom and videos are subject to rules not sure where you get art from either
That's not what i meant, obviously there is a set of rules that must be followed
What i meant is people used to come to yt and other similar places for a different experiences with more artistic freedom and different content not governed by tv guidelines and standards. People used yt to escape tv.
To make an analogy people turn to indie games for a different experience where developers take more risks and explore new ideas. Indie games being a escape from AAA games that play it safe and dont do much experimenting.
Censorship is shit, yes
Yet you celebrate... again dangerous line you walk in deciding whats ok to be censored and what's not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom