• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube videos emerge of XBOne Blu-ray drives failing / making grinding noises

DBT85

I know the forum portal was posted, but here's the direct link to the thread about Xbox ONE's disc failures: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1625602.aspx?PageIndex=1

Also, here's a quote from a post in that same thread, on page 4. Anecdotal, but might be damning:

yes i just got off the phone this is a pre launch problem that they knew about and shipped them anyway, they said so on the phone. call them tell them your store is sold out and they will send you a replacement in 3 to 5 days. its happening to 50% of the consoles, its already being called the click of death.

Have no idea why customer support would say anything like that, but still...

That is utter bullshit. I don't even need to think about it. The amount of damage and money it would cost them just wouldn't be worth the hassle after the RROD problems last time.

XTERC

so, Amazon was used as a tool to highlight the PS4 falure rate...so here goes: 50%:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Cons...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Sorry to those affected, I'm sure it's nowhere near this high so fingers crossed it's a similar issue like with PS4 (in that it appears it was a batch)

I think half of the reviews (if not more) are jokes, this portion of an Amazon 1 star review caught my eye 'I only got this cause my wife is fat and she needs the exercise with the kinect crap'.

I am just wondering WHY there isn't a single mainstream VG site that is talking about this.
Even if there might be a (supposedly) few number of users affected by these defected units, it is really strange that just one week ago the reports of malfunctioning PS4 machines where spreading around the internet at the speed of light, while now....

...mmm... I don't want to accuse any game journos to be militant fanboys and to publish (or not publish) news on purpose, but sometimes it is difficult not to wonder if this is the case...

Atlas157

I am just wondering WHY there isn't a single mainstream VG site that is talking about this.
Even if there might be a (supposedly) few number of users affected by these defected units, it is really strange that just one week ago the reports of malfunctioning PS4 machines where spreading around the internet at the speed of light, while now....

...mmm... I don't want to accuse any game journos to be militant fanboys and to publish (or not publish) news on purpose, but sometimes it is difficult not to wonder if this is the case...

This problem came up over night.

Journalists don't sit at their computer 24/7 waiting for news to come up, they need sleep too.

Holy shit some of the reviews on their are laughably transparent. Why people take console wars this serious is beyond me, its sad really.
This really boggles my mind. You'd have to be sick in the head to do these kind of things. The world can do without people like this.

Journalists don't sit at their computer 24/7 waiting for news to come up, they need sleep too.

It's the middle of the day in UK/Europe. No reports yet, but they are probably waiting on concrete info themselves before printing anything.

I understand this, but the first youtube videos have been published this morning (I'm in Northern Europe, it's almost 2 PM here now); still, news or reports about these failures are nowhere to be found.

Hey I have an idea!

Let's just watch and see how this develops and not claim the sky is falling like some did for the PS4 issues at launch.
Seriously. You'd think people would have learned not to jump to conclusions after last week, but it's the same exact behavior.

TTSupra

Banned
the difference is the ps4 1 star review had verified buyers but not seeing same for the xbox 1 unless they bought a different bundle?

There was actually alot of PS4 non verifed buyers also.

Plus people could preorder and then return it and rate it that way and Im sure there are some sick fucks out there that did that.

ItIsOkBro

Console fault embargo.

Inversive

Alot of journos love the taste of dat MS dick.

Uhhh...probably because this happened in the middle of the night for most of them? It's still 4am in California.

Taurus

I know the forum portal was posted, but here's the direct link to the thread about Xbox ONE's disc failures: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1625602.aspx?PageIndex=1

Also, here's a quote from a post in that same thread, on page 4. Anecdotal, but might be damning:

Have no idea why customer support would say anything like that, but still...

Most of the one-star reviews are not even Amazon verified purchases. I wish Amazon makes their product reviews so that only people who purchased the product can review it. This way one can get better metrics.

killatopak

Gold Member
What a thrill...
With darkness and grinding through the night
What a thrill...
I'm searching and I'll insert my disc into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme!

I'd give my discs
Not for honour, but for you! [Disc Eater]
In my time there'll be no physical
Crime, it's the way I fly to you! [Disc Eater]
I'm still in a digital world,
Disc Eater!

Someday you go through the rain
And someday, you feed on a Blu-ray
This ordeal, The trial to survive
For the day we see new light!

I'd give my discs
Not for honour, but for you! [Disc Eater]
In my time there'll be no physical
Crime, it's the way I fly to you! [Disc Eater]
I'm still in a digital world,
Disc Eater!

I am still in a digital world,
Disc Eater!

[Disc Eater]

10/10

spwolf

if this was "huge" then we would have many gaffers report it as well... so I doubt it will be "huge"... hopefully MS does the replacement as fast as Sony for those affected and thats about it.

Hanmik

this has to be a joke a lie..

0pWw9sr.jpg

6-8 weeks..? no way

Top Bottom