• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTuber is already in-line for Nintendo Switch, 1 month out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

What's up with CND? He stopped uploading videos since the Switch launched. One day or two without vlogs it's understandable but it's been 4 days now. I want to watch the hype from his perspective. Guess since he already got the Switch and all the Nintendo fame and gifts ever imagined he doesn't care about vlogging anymore :(

Catvoca

Banned
What's up with CND? He stopped uploading videos since the Switch launched. One day or two without vlogs it's understandable but it's been 4 days now. I want to watch the hype from his perspective. Guess since he already got the Switch and all the Nintendo fame and gifts ever imagined he doesn't care about vlogging anymore :(

Yeah, it's kinda shitty. It can't take that long to edit the last two vlogs. Feels like the videos were all building up towards him getting the Switch but we still haven't really gotten the ending proper. I'm sure they'll be up soon though.

LOLDSFAN

Yeah and he still needs to push out Day 27 and 28.

:(

ngower

Saw that Nick is trying to raise money to fly home. Very strange optics given the GoFundMe had previously been for buying stuff for conferences and things of that sort.

Kinda glad this is over as many YouTubers trying to monetize their channel by piggybacking off CND and Triforce...made for little more than hype videos towards the end.

AdanVC

Wohoo! Just checked this thread and day 27 is up! 17 minutes long, dis is gun b good!

Is he serious?
http://imgur.com/a/Wuxv7

Some guy who wasnt even there got a "spot" reserved by other people so he can easily arrive right before the launch? What a scam to all the other people behind him

Yeah this is totally unfair for the people who were with CND literally 24/7 since day one only so that this Jacob guy very comfortably arrives 1 day before launch and gets second on the line, no matter if this was planned before hand or if it's CND's best friend, he should have hop on the line behind Gabe, Etika, Crazydopetastic and all of those guys. But oh well, no big deal, really, just not a fan of Jacob anymore because of this, lol.

Osukaa

The bearded one that made people's gaydar tingle, I think?

He was a lil weird and seemed like his excitement was so fake all the time. I say this as a weird gay guy myself LOL. I dont remember what video it was also but it was one where his brother visited and he was introducing them and he was like this lady is umm and she was like im his wife. It was really cringy and I was like damn, this guy LoL.

But who knows he may be super cool and awesome and i'm just an old jealous queen :p

milkham

Looks like Tri left CND a replica Captain N jacket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjULIjusOeE

That's pretty cool, didn't expect that. I wonder if he'll wear that zapper around like triforce does with the glove.

Did you notice this red dot in that video? i thought i suddenly had a stuck pixel on my monitor.

DNDXMSZ.png

Catvoca

Banned
That was nice ending. I ended up really enjoying these videos, it was fun to see how the project evolved into a big community thing.

Just finished watching the last vlog. What a great job. I think the recap bit showing almost everyone he met was so perfectly done and well placed in the video. One of the most entertaining daily vlog series I've watched to date. Will continue following him, guess the next big series will be when he goes to E3 now?

Glass

I was really hoping he put a montage of everyone he met on the journey there in the final vid
and he did
, awesome video. Some feels were definitely had.

MyBodyisReady

Neo Member

He was spending his last week enjoying NYC (since he never really left that one block outside to go back to Brooklyn to sleep during the first few weeks), editing takes a lot of time. I spoke with him on several occasions, he mentioned he probably won't really dive into the Switch games until he's back in Wisconsin later today.

Adamator

I haven't watch CNDs finale yet but I just watched TriForce's latest.

So he wasn't gonna get a switch but ended up being gift one + a master edition? Daaaaaamn is all I can say. Who got it for him again?

Edit: Oh boy. At one point in TriForce's video he says he "disagrees with the Dark Horse timeline." LOL. He clearly doesn't know that is in fact NINTENDO'S timeline. SMH.

I was really hoping he put a montage of everyone he met on the journey there in the final vid
and he did
, awesome video. Some feels were definitely had.

Who was the girl in red? I remember she was a vlogger but I can't be bothered to track down her channel. She does sound funny, though. There should be a master list of all the Youtubers with links.

Pretty solid end to all the shenanigans. Sadly didn't get a chance to appear on camera, but I did get to chat with CND and give him some free stickers that I was giving out on behalf of /r/NintendoSwitch.

Memles

Just watching Day 27 now, and he intimates at one point that when the Nintendo Store pulled him in to give him the jacket and the coin and stuff early on, they basically told him there wasn't going to be anything substantial at the launch event, compared to previous launches. That was nice of them, and helps contextualize things for those who felt he might be disappointed by a lack of Reggie/pomp and circumstance.

And so the saga ends. Pluto and Alex never got married, Gabe became a global phenomenon and Alex didn't get his spot stolen. All in all some good entertaining Vlogs

enbred

Banned
And so the saga ends. Pluto and Alex never got married, Gabe became a global phenomenon and Alex didn't get his spot stolen. All in all some good entertaining Vlogs

Pluto still has the hots for Alex I think. I can sense it in her facial expressions and body language around him. Too bad he's getting it on with
Jacob
j/k

I love how Gabe became so popular. Also how most of Alex's new group of friends seem to be non-white.

Alex really seems like a genuinely good-hearted and down to earth person. I wonder if he'll change if he ever becomes a "Youtube celebrity" (read: millions of subs). That kind of fame can get to your head. And to be honest I expected he would gain more subscribers after doing this for 1 month.

arsenal009

Neo Member
Loved the final vlog. Never really could get into youtube vloggers before this. But wow, that was some high level production quality by CND. Loved the montage at the end.

enbred

Banned
Loved the final vlog. Never really could get into youtube vloggers before this. But wow, that was some high level production quality by CND. Loved the montage at the end.

His editing is very good. In comparison Triforce's editing is sad to be honest. Tried to watch his Switch unboxing video and him adding a sound effect to every thing was so overdone and made me click away quickly. It's a thing he picked up from CND's videos I think, but CND uses it sparingly and tastefully.

Osukaa

Lol damn Etika on his liveblog called out Nick for lying on his gofundme and trying to take advantage of CND and triforce. That switch line had some drama.

He did an amazing job and went in a direction I was hoping he would which is to celebrate the experience and not the toy. Good stuff , great editing and God knows how he cues the music up perfectly to build the emotion.

As we went along, my only (minor) complaint was he kept regurgitating the same thinga in most of the vlogs: sign things, get things, eat things, play cards...Repeat. I was hoping he would find a way to get creative and think of a new agenda per day with a new theme to keep things interesting.

In the end, this was a very entertaining watch. Great personality , enthusiasm, great vlog skills and a neat experience. I'm an older jaded gamer (at 37) but this was good.

Bii

Lol damn Etika on his liveblog called out Nick for lying on his gofundme and trying to take advantage of CND and triforce. That switch line had some drama.

I think a number of GAFers in this thread thought Nick was strange. You can tell he had an ulterior motive when he first appeared in CND's video and the few that followed thereafter. He also got kicked out at the meetup that followed after the launch. I wonder if that was the community and not "security" that kicked him out.

Osukaa

I think a number of GAFers in this thread thought Nick was strange. You can tell he had an ulterior motive when he first appeared in CND's video and the few that followed thereafter. He also got kicked out at the meetup that followed after the launch. I wonder if that was the community and not "security" that kicked him out.

Yeah it seems like it lol. It was still entertaining to watch and I guess I'll keep my CND sub lol. It'll be interesting to see where he goes with all the new subs he got.

arsenal009

Neo Member
Who was the girl in red? I remember she was a vlogger but I can't be bothered to track down her channel. She does sound funny, though. There should be a master list of all the Youtubers with links.

I can probably help u out w this, but can u tell me what time in the video u see her?

Yeah, his final video was on some next level editing.

He is a good kid. Him donating all of his snacks to the people in line and him featuring everyone like he did was very sweet. Just imagine starting out, alone, in a big city, and then having dozens and people, now friends, chant your name just 30 days later.

I wish him luck. I hope he ditches Triforce, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom