• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PC/Steam) |OT|

Wonko_C

1024x768 is what I think gives you the native resolution of the UI. But the font scales well regardless, so there's really no major reason to play at that resolution.

Thanks, I'm sticking with 1400x1050 resolution for now. I can map that resolution to "dot by dot" on my TV and it looks great. :) I would recommend doing this for people playing on 1080p tvs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should've done a launch week sale. Probably would've sold the game to more people who don't know the series.

Also a note, I copied over my old YsF_win.ini from my old installation of OiF into the save folder on steam. Nightmare difficulty unlocked, thank the lord. Of course I wonder if I will need to play each difficulty in order to unlock achievements though. I hope not.

God, can't believe that I first bought this game over 6 years ago. For like $90, at least the 8 CD set was sweet.

Volcynika

Also a note, I copied over my old YsF_win.ini from my old installation of OiF into the save folder on steam. Nightmare difficulty unlocked, thank the lord. Of course I wonder if I will need to play each difficulty in order to unlock achievements though. I hope not.

God, can't believe that I first bought this game over 6 years ago. For like $90, at least the 8 CD set was sweet.

Some achievements require multiple playthroughs, and as said earlier, the difficulty achievements do not stack currently (though that may be changed in the future).

Eusis

For nVidia users, use these options to ensure that the image remains the proper resolution and aspect ratio in fullscreen with black bars added.

Ygtnv.png
I use Aspect Ratio myself. It'll fill the screen vertically but not Horizontally, which is good since I don't think any XXXXx1050 resolution is supported by nVidia but 1680x1050.

Aeana

I use Aspect Ratio myself. It'll fill the screen vertically but not Horizontally, which is good since I don't think any XXXXx1050 resolution is supported by nVidia but 1680x1050.

Yeah but that stretches vertically, so you're not getting 1:1 with the chosen resolution. You can add custom resolutions via the control panel if you need one.

Eusis

Yeah but that stretches vertically, so you're not getting 1:1 with the chosen resolution.
When I pick a high enough one it's really hard to notice anyway, I think it's like with 720p on TVs which are almost always 1366x768 instead of 1280x720. Though I guess that's just up to personal preference for everyone, I wouldn't want to do it for 640x480 games anyway, which is why I stick with aspect ratio.

Wow, I suck. Can't beat the first boss :p Awesome music for it, though. I'm considering buying the game for a friend. His PC sucks, so this would be a good and fun game for him, I think. But... I'm broke D:

Pyrrhus

So are the folks over at Falcom watching the game's sales with bated breath or is it just kind of "Eh, well, whatever"?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Showing as No1 for me :D

You sure you're not looking at new releases?

Anyway, it should be #1 before too long. Well deserved #1 at that.

So are the folks over at Falcom watching the game's sales with bated breath or is it just kind of "Eh, well, whatever"?

They're probably sleeping. But I'm sure they're hoping the games are successful. It can only mean good things for them.

Wonko_C

Thanks, I'm sticking with 1400x1050 resolution for now. I can map that resolution to "dot by dot" on my TV and it looks great. :) I would recommend doing this for people playing on 1080p tvs.

I'm on Nvidia, it works. :)

Fantastic, the system reqs look really low, pretty much positive that this well run on my Netbook. I have a gaming PC, but I'm always on the lookout for games that can run portable as well. And I didn't want to get the PSP version for a system that I'm intending to retire (no plans for a Vita either).

So how self contained are the stories in this series? I'm thinking about picking it up, but not if I'm going to be lost during parts of the game because of references to previous events.

Aeana

So how self contained are the stories in this series? I'm thinking about picking it up, but not if I'm going to be lost during parts of the game because of references to previous events.

They are very self-contained. There is lore that's built upon with each game, but the storyline itself in each game is completely self-contained.

Pyrrhus

The only one that even begins to require previous experience to get the full effect is Ys IV because it revisits locations and characters from the first two games. Otherwise, all you need to know is that Adol and Dogi wander the land, righting wrongs and exploding animals and walls.

Nosgoroth

Fuck that second boss.
My fireballs do 2~4 damage, I keep missing half the time from jumping left and right to avoid the attacks, and I'm dead after taking 40~60% off her life.
Died so many times I got an achievement.

Zampano

Fuck that second boss.
My fireballs do 2~4 damage, I keep missing half the time from jumping left and right to avoid the attacks, and I'm dead after taking 40~60% off her life.

You need to charge your fireballs up.

Aeana

Fuck that second boss.

A single level makes a massive difference in Ys games.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
XSEED's really gotta swap out the current screenshots on the store page with some that aren't stretched out. I get that widescreen is all cool and shit, but those shots look pretty awful.

I just want this game to sell!

Time to go bug more people to wake the fuck up and buy this.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Was having Direct X issues in that the game would crash whenever I started it and I would get an error message. Something with d3d_shader.cpp in the line.

Anyway if anyone experiences it then verify the cache. It's currently downloading something, I have no idea what since it's still "verifying", and I'm expecting the game to work after it is done.

Woot, bought this.

Can't wait to hear people's complaints who haven't played it yet.

Early game:
"What do you mean the second boss doesn't stop attacking???"

I wish I could experience this game again like I did the first time.

Top Bottom