• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

MiTYH

U can't lose ranks right in the rookie ranks? I want to troll some more people with my Mill deck lol.

Correct. I lost to a Harpy deck (shame) and didn't lose anything.

Made my way to silver currently. Just running a beatdown Bandit Keith deck that I like to use. Had a HELL of a duel against a Seto. He got Lord of D and BEWD out, and I really thought I was a goner. Through a combination of my Mirror Wall and the MVP of everything, Gyaku-Gire Panda, I managed to eek out a win (seriously, it was 500 him to 100 me, and I did 550 damage).

EDIT: Just saw they changed Bandit Keith's siwtcheroo to need 1000 damage to use. That bums me out a lot, no more free switching. Might need to find a better duelist for a beatdown, what's recommended?

Permanently A

Qualifiers are really fun right now. Stacking up a lot of wins with my perfected 3SD deck which got me to KoG last month. Currently silver 3, the gem rewards are pretty good too!

A.J.

Banned
Just made it to Gold 1 with my new 3SD deck. I also have a Gravekeeper deck, Kaibaman BEWD deck, and my old HHG deck on standby for when I need to switch.

A.J.

Banned
Well I rose to Gold 5, but fell back to Gold 2. It's been a rough day.

Edit: And now I just went on a godly win streak with my Weevil deck and made Plat 1.

dgBxpZx.png

First time running a HHG deck and all I can do is question why I haven't done this sooner. Seriously the win rate of this thing is insane and I'm just gliding through Gold at the moment. I'm using two Security Orbs as a poor man's Econ since I only have one copy (fuck off with your stingy ass Kaiba), and I'm using Shooting Star Bow as a way of dealing with high atk monsters since I don't have a Mirror Wall, but I'm thinking of replacing it with a Riryoku.

A.J.

Banned
So my opponent and I were both playing Weevil, both down to 1000 lp, and both had mask of accursed on each others parasites. My opponent had burning land and it was my turn meaning I would lose on my next turn. I played mystic box and swapped their parasite for mine and won the game since both burning land and their own MoA triggered next turn dealing them 1000.

AlanOC91

Haven't played since Flames of the Tyrant. Any good fire support since then? I've been running a pure Fire based deck.

I (surprisingly, to be honest), got to Gold 1. I finally pulled my second Order to Charge and got a random Green Baboon with a single pack of the new box. Enemy Controller has been my most useful card, as I've won quite some games stealing an opponent monster to deal the final damage.

Also, I'm glad the Bakura's Event is back. I'd like to get a second Voltanis, but he has a lot of monster destruction, from Sakuretsu to Tribute to the Doomed, so it makes it really hard to keep a strong monster on the field.

Got to silver 1 with BLS deck. Hate the dead draws but its a really powerful deck when you draw the exact cards you need.

It sucks ass that Champions Vigilance doesn't work with ritual monsters.

Here is fingers crossed for more BLS support cards.

cHinzo

Ugh, I want to troll people on my way to gold, but everytime I play my Mill deck, I get those 30 cards decks. Then I switch to my tryhard Harpie deck to clear out those 30 card decks, so I can get back to milling people and they give me legit decks I had to destroy lol.

Want to get at least Gold 5 for all the gems. :eek:

Stuck at silver ranking. Maybe I should just go meta. But its been fun destroying people with BLS. Even got a msg from someone saying how the fuck I have 2 BLS lol.

cHinzo

Is there something more fun that pulling the Warm Worm -> Chain Destruction -> Assault on AHQ combo off to instantly mill 11 cards lol?

Platinum is such a hellhole. I've been moving up and down the ladder all day.

This is my life right now. I've been trying Luck Joey, Desert Twist Joey and Harpie Mai but its just up and down up and down. Luck Joey is what has gotten me to KoG before but I always seem to brick against a deck before promotion.

A.J.

Banned
This is my life right now. I've been trying Luck Joey, Desert Twist Joey and Harpie Mai but its just up and down up and down. Luck Joey is what has gotten me to KoG before but I always seem to brick against a deck before promotion.
What flavor of HHG do you run: Vanilla, Relinquished​, or Egotist? Because Vanilla seems to be low on the rung right now as far as HHG goes.

A.J.

Banned
Grats my only problem unable to get into kog atm is the stupid enemy controller...ugh

Fuck kaiba for not dropping after 467875 duels...
Plat 1 gives you a free non-pack SR, so you can grab it then. I think droprates increase when you already have the card too. That's how it was when I got my first Econ from the Kaiba Cup.

Its so amusing when I ritual summon BLS with Djinn and people scramble to use traps on it.

Its monster and magic I hate dealing with. Maybe I should put that wiseman in my deck lol.

I'd get rid of your mirror walls personally. It won't protect Relinquished if it's absorbed monster gets destroyed. Use Wild Tornado, Half Shut, Dimension Gate, or Windstorm of Etaqua instead.

Ended up going with a slightly modified LG Desert Twist and got a lucky streak of easy games! We in boys.

cHinzo

Didn't get shit during the Bakura event, ugh. What decks are u guys using to farm Yugi? I still don't have any Union Attacks. -_-

gryvan

Plat 1 gives you a free non-pack SR, so you can grab it then. I think droprates increase when you already have the card too. That's how it was when I got my first Econ from the Kaiba Cup.

wOTYp

Didn't screenshot the screen like AJ did but you can see my current rank as KoG

Btw i also got to KoG using weevil burn :x

Didn't get a single SR from Bakura. I wanted a second Voltanis...

Anyway, I got to Gold1 and to be honest I don't really want to keep climbing. While I'd like the rest of the gems, the higher the rank the more boring the decks become, or at least that's what I think.

And I still think 3SD is busted.

I'm bouncing between Platinum 1-3 with Weevil Parasite....so annoying to lose two in a row and drop, and then have to win a dozen to rank back up.

cHinzo

Fck, forgot this was the last day for WCQ and I'm still at silver 1 lol. Time to do some hardcore grinding to get the rewards.

A.J.

Banned
Fck, forgot this was the last day for WCQ and I'm still at silver 1 lol. Time to do some hardcore grinding to get the rewards.

WCQ continues until the 12th. The finals start tomorrow though, but you can always get in late.

cHinzo

WCQ continues until the 12th. The finals start tomorrow though, but you can always get in late.

Ah I see. Not planning to get to KoG though. Prolly too much of a grind, although the lower ranks in EU is pretty easy so far. Just finished my run from silver 1 to plat 1. :D Only lost 3 games with this Harpie deck. Definitely got less chance to win if they remove HHG first and have a nice backrow + Sergeant Electro, but other than that it was a smooth ride. Seeing lots of Relinquished at this rank still lol.

Got up to Plat 3 with this deck but I can't make the final leap to KoG. Any advice for making changes or should I just keep trying?

I'm using this deck inspired from Gunsblazing and the Dimension Gates are doing work. Try it out if u have the cards. It's awesome, because u can remove a spell/trap with a Harpie, use Enemy Controller and replace ur Harpie with one of the key big guys from ur opponent. After EC u use Dimension Gate to permanently keep the stolen card, instead of only for one turn.

cHinzo

^Don't forget u can also use Dimension Gates defensively, like when ur opponent uses Soul Exchange or Order to Charge to keep ur monster safe.

Holyshit these new Crimson Kingdom packs has Red Eyes Wyvern. :O
Also prolly a zombie themed expansion.

Anteo

The only deck I have that got me to gold is this

Barely works and I dont even have all the cards I need. I generally lose when I get those fillers fairys or the bean on the hand.

The most insteresting card is this:

It removes counters, screws with fields, deactivates that trap that becomes a monster, etc. Its a interesting card, if you can keep it on the field.

And it can sustaim itself with some lp recovery with the equips and the skill.

Edit:i think that just shows how easy is to get to gold lol

A.J.

Banned
It dosen't look like there is much reason to compete in the final qualifiers since you would need to make it to tenth place to get any extra rewards.

Isotope

I'm just happy I was able to make it to Plat 1 lmao; I wanted Econ so badly.

Looks like we're also getting Red-Eyes Wyvern as an Ultra in the upcoming set; I knew I should have farmed Super Joey. �� Also, the Card Rotator time went down from 12 hours to 8 with the latest update.

cHinzo

Only got 2 Red Eyes Spirit, so I hope that's enough. The hardest part is gonna get the 3 Wyverns out of that 200 packs box... >_> Did manage to save up from 2700 gems during the Super Joey event to 7k gems I got right now. :D

Are the finals over or did I got kicked out? I had a bad losing streak just now had like 400DP lol.
I can't even enter a ranked match.

Edit: ow yes seems like they are aggregating scores.

Isotope

https://youtu.be/wC_-uE6bKfI

The new Box is coming tonight; here's a preview of what cards to expect.

Also, by looking at the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman deck list, you can see that Dark Magician is also being Limited to 1. What's interesting though is that in the JPN equivalent of the video, DM does not look to be Limited.

So, Duel-a-thon is a nice "event", I hope it becomes permanent, although I doubt they're willing to give 60 gems for free everyday (although I don't see any problem with that, to be honest).

I haven't seen the new Booster, but from what I've heard, it introduces several cards that are sure to reshape the meta.

Made it to Plat 2 before prelims. Could have made KOG but I'm fine with my ranking. Just needed the SR card badly. Chose Enemy Controller.

The most annoying deck in the entire tournament has been the Weevil Paraside deck. Tea Burn is super annoying if you go 2nd. Otherwise its pretty easy to wipe her out.

Ended up switching to my Kaibaman deck to destroy most of the competition. 10 winstreak was crazy lol.

BLS was working really well but it fell short when fighting beatdown decks and Weevil so I had to switch up. If only I had Joey's gamble skill then it would be an easy win throughout the duels.

Top Bottom