• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

MiTYH

So, Duel-a-thon is a nice "event", I hope it becomes permanent, although I doubt they're willing to give 60 gems for free everyday (although I don't see any problem with that, to be honest).

I haven't seen the new Booster, but from what I've heard, it introduces several cards that are sure to reshape the meta.

I agree, really like this kinda-event. Gives a reason to play at least, and free gems= free gems

Yo dat new pack is insane! Dark Paladin?!?

Also Buster Blader is only an R?!??!?!?

Zombies, Warriors and Spellcasters are getting hella buffed. Also rip Dragon decks lol.

cHinzo

Yeah the new expansion looks great. I'm scared for the Dragon Decks with that Buster Blader around. I'm excited for the Red Eyes cards.

Edit: new packs are out!

cHinzo

Aight,managed to save up 7.3k gems and got my 3 Red Eyes Wyrms with 1.3k gems left. So needed 120 packs total and 2 resets, which is pretty lucky imo.

Managed to get in those 120 packs:
UR
1x Knight of the Red Lotus
3x Red Eyes Wyvern
1x Blazing Inpachi
1x Dark Paladin

SR
2x Buster Blader
1x Endymion
3x Red Eyes Zombie Dragon
1x Goka
1x Dark General Freed
3x Freed the Matchless General
1x Speed Bird
2x Feast of the Wild Lvl 5
1x Magical Citadel of Endymion
1x Divine Sword - Phoenix Blad
1x Inspiration

Still want the UR Buster Blader or Gozuki and Vampire Lord for a zombie deck, but I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Gonna try to save up the gems again back to 8k. Might take a while. 😅

Got nothing except a bunch of Freed copies and the Dark version of him. Oh and RE Zombie too.

Want Buster Blader R and Dark Paladin. Here is to saving up gems again.

I had spent my saved gems already so I just got 10 packs from the free gems:

1 Gozuki

1 Buster Blader (The new one, forgot the name)
1 Freed

So yeah. I want to build zombies, so it's going to be a long grind to get 3 Gozuki and at least 2 Vampire Lord...

Anyway, what's with the Stage 59 Missions? 5000 single attack damage with Kaiba sounds easy, and the Comeback, no Damage and 1000 or less LP wins are doable.
But 3 Quick Victories against Mai, 2000 effect damage against Yugi and Summoning Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth sound really bothersome.

cHinzo

Anyway, what's with the Stage 59 Missions? 5000 single attack damage with Kaiba sounds easy, and the Comeback, no Damage and 1000 or less LP wins are doable.
But 3 Quick Victories against Mai, 2000 effect damage against Yugi and Summoning Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth sound really bothersome.

Wow, they really want players to suffer. The quick victories are prolly still possible with the Karate Man OTK and 2k effect damage sounds easy with Vassal.

Wow, they really want players to suffer. The quick victories are prolly still possible with the Karate Man OTK and 2k effect damage sounds easy with Vassal.

I traded my Vassal at early game, so I'm out of luck with that. For the 1500 in a single effect I used that Backfire-like trap.

The problem with Great Moth is having it in the first place. I mean, you can summon it against a LV10 LD, so that's not a problem, but having Weevil drop it it's a real pain. I have Cocoon, so I just need him to drop the moth...

cHinzo

Really enjoying that Knight of the Red Lotus card. Just spend my last 1.5k gems to get a second one of them. U can flood the board really easily with his effect and u can do some cool board clears with it too with OtC or E-Con. Not really feeling the Red Eyes deck somehow. Maybe because I only got 1 Red Eyes Black Dragon lol.

Hello.

So I started playing this a week ago and so far I'm having a lot of fun. I did a bit of research before buying packs and decided to make a Daedalus deck. Seems a pretty easy deck for a beginner with a nice variety of creature effects, a cool surprise factor in Big Wave Small Wave and a built in board wipe. I'm only on Missions Stage 21 and Silver Rank 5 at the moment but I'm looking for what to invest in when it comes to future farming and all that.

Thanks.

A.J.

Banned
Hello.

So I started playing this a week ago and so far I'm having a lot of fun. I did a bit of research before buying packs and decided to make a Daedalus deck. Seems a pretty easy deck for a beginner with a nice variety of creature effects, a cool surprise factor in Big Wave Small Wave and a built in board wipe. I'm only on Missions Stage 21 and Silver Rank 5 at the moment but I'm looking for what to invest in when it comes to future farming and all that.

Thanks.

For farming you want Unhappy Girl for sure. Also Mystical Beast Cerberus if you don't have Paradox Brothers.

Anteo

I still dont know how to farm with unhappy girl. Kaiba justs slams his dd warrior and yugi summons many 2200 + monsters and slams everthing on the girls.

Hello.

Thanks.

That deck is certainly fun but I would HIGHLY recommend you keep an eye out for Hammerhead Sharks in the Card Trader. The best Mako Water Deck, at the moment, uses it and 3 star water monsters to swarm the field very quickly. Other cards to look for are Blue Breaker, Star Boy, and Yomi Ship.

I still dont know how to farm with unhappy girl. Kaiba justs slams his dd warrior and yugi summons many 2200 + monsters and slams everthing on the girls.

Unhappy girl isn't a viable farming method for Kaiba. Currently, the options in order of least to most effective: Angel 07 (shuts down DD Warrior), Destiny Draw Golden Apples, and Lab Builder Dimension Gate. Unfortunately these last two are more expensive versions, so Angel 07 is typically what newer players or those with smaller card / skill pools use.

Really enjoying that Knight of the Red Lotus card. Just spend my last 1.5k gems to get a second one of them. U can flood the board really easily with his effect and u can do some cool board clears with it too with OtC or E-Con. Not really feeling the Red Eyes deck somehow. Maybe because I only got 1 Red Eyes Black Dragon lol.

A normal deck with Red Lotus as your only warrior using the Reinforcement skill on Joey can be lots of fun.

cHinzo

A normal deck with Red Lotus as your only warrior using the Reinforcement skill on Joey can be lots of fun.

I hope Joey gets a Sogen field spell skill tbh.

I'm done with the cummulative rewards from duel-a-thon. Was a nice gem boost, going from 15 gems to 1k gems during this event. Still got the nice daily rewards to get. I'm 1 Red Eyes Black Dragon away from completing my REBD deck. Just got my 3rd Champion's Vigilance and already got my 3x Vanguard and Wyvern. Too bad I keep making different decks, but in the end during big pvp events like the WCQ and the KC Cup, I keep just going back to my Harpie deck, because that one is too awesome. >_>

It looks like we're getting Mokuba next as our legendary duelist and leveling up ur characters to lvl 40. Hope we can unlock Mokuba this event.

For farming you want Unhappy Girl for sure. Also Mystical Beast Cerberus if you don't have Paradox Brothers.

So I'm done with my water deck (everything else needs to be farmed or bought from the trader) and am looking to build a farming deck. Got my first Cerberus but what other cards should I prioritize? Looking for what backs I should buy.

I got Dark Paladin so I'm very happy. But I want that field spell lol. Joey got a huge buff with getting both Freeds so yay for that.

Already reset box and hopeing for a 2nd Dark Paladin.

So I'm done with my water deck (everything else needs to be farmed or bought from the trader) and am looking to build a farming deck. Got my first Cerberus but what other cards should I prioritize? Looking for what backs I should buy.

A Cerberus farm deck needs a couple of things to succeed. A reliable way to draw them, so skills like Yugi's Sorcery Conduit or the random drop "Draw Sense Light". It needs cards to speed up card draws like Shard of Greed, Gather your Mind, etc. And it needs a way to ensure a kill turn on the last turn such as Ririyoku + Big Bang Shot or Fairy Meteor Crush. The rest is just boosting your Cerberus. I also recommend at least 2 in a deck.

cHinzo

Definitely open those Ultimate Rising packs for stuff like Shard of Greed and those Enchanted Javelins for consistency. Try to use a character like Kaiba for farming, who can get Draw Sense: Light (once u get 1500 damage, u can activate ur skill to draw ur Cerberus) as a random drop against Legendary Duelists.

U could also put some Abyssal Designators into ur deck to get the 1000 LP bonus, while also boosting ur Cerberus.

Duel-A-Thon's rewards are pretty awesome so far. Another 120 gems today. :D

A.J.

Banned
Tea has Dark Burning Attack as a level up reward. Now 3SD can be even more broken.

Also Mokuba is the new duelist and unfortunately no challenges like with Yugi for guaranteed cards.

Tea has Dark Burning Attack as a level up reward. Now 3SD can be even more broken.

Also Mokuba is the new duelist and unfortunately no challenges like with Yugi for guaranteed cards.

I don't like how Téa's rewards are mostly for Yugi's cards, but I guess it's understandable as she didn't have an "Ace" monster as the others do. But I'm really glad we're getting a higher LV cap and new level up rewards.

I also thought Mokuba was going to be a new LD, not an "I'm going to appear three times a day at LV30" LD. Oh well, I don't really like his drops anyway.

cHinzo

Yeah kinda sad we didn't get guaranteed rewards with Mokuba or be able to unlock him. Did get my first Kidmodo Dragon, which looks like it has potential in a Dragon deck, so that's cool.

A.J.

Banned
Mokuba can be farmed with Speed Paradox if you have a trap jammer, so guaranteed 8K at level 40. I already have Darkflare because of this.

If only he spawned...

At level 40...

So, I got my third Supervise, but now I'm thinking of ways for using it. It makes any LV4 or lower Gemini a "Once per turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle" and if the equipped Gemini is used as a Fusion Material, you get to revive a Normal Monster (usually a better one than the one that was equipped, like the Dragon or Gearfried), and is also both an Equip Card for Gearfriend and a face-up card for the Dragon.

But... I find something lackluster about the whole thing. In theory, they're great, but the low level monsters are nothing amazing without support cards, and then, they become way too dependant on a good initial draw...

At level 40...

So, I got my third Supervise, but now I'm thinking of ways for using it. It makes any LV4 or lower Gemini a "Once per turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle" and if the equipped Gemini is used as a Fusion Material, you get to revive a Normal Monster (usually a better one than the one that was equipped, like the Dragon or Gearfried), and is also both an Equip Card for Gearfriend and a face-up card for the Dragon.

But... I find something lackluster about the whole thing. In theory, they're great, but the low level monsters are nothing amazing without support cards, and then, they become way too dependant on a good initial draw...

Supervise + Knight Day Grephar is really good.

Supervise + Knight Day Grephar is really good.

That's what I've been thinking about, but I haven't pulled a single Knight Day Grepher yet, despite opening about 80 packs. Must be a "short print", like what happened when I wanted a Simorgh, I didn't get one until there were 10 packs left in the box.

Anyway, I got my second Gozuki yesterday, besides a Vampire Lord on the same box. I've resetted and hoping to get a third Gozuki and a second Vampire Lord for my zombie deck, as well as the two Goblin Zombie from Bakura's level up rewards.

cHinzo

Lol got a triple SR drop from Mokuba, including a prismatic Beacon of White. Would have prefered his UR in prismatic, but I'll take it. Still need 2 more of his URs though. D: Already got 4 Kidmodo Drakes.

Welp made KoG on the very last day of the session. I feel lucky cause I was on the winning end of a disconnect during my promotion game (and frankly I was lucky during the first 4 games too because I kept getting good hands)

626rW0K.png

Stupid Tea only coughed up one Berry so I've been using Dian Keto to compensate. That one adjustment makes every duel 10x more stressful lol

cHinzo

^Grats. I just got 3SD dropped from Mokuba today. I think I'm kinda done with Mokuba though. Also got my 2nd and 3rd Darkflare Dragon dropped today, and got all the SRs I wanted from him. Kinda disappointing event though, since we couldn't even unlock him as a playable character.

^Grats. I just got 3SD dropped from Mokuba today. I think I'm kinda done with Mokuba though. Also got my 2nd and 3rd Darkflare Dragon dropped today, and got all the SRs I wanted from him. Kinda disappointing event though, since we couldn't even unlock him as a playable character.

He has Negate Attack and Luster Dragon #1. Why couldn't those cards be the rewards! :(

cHinzo

He has Negate Attack and Luster Dragon #1. Why couldn't those cards be the rewards! :(

Those Luster Dragons would be too strong, but I would have loved them. :d

I can't wait for those Horus Dragons to be available, since they were my favorite cards back in the days. I need to make a Horus Lockdown deck in this game. ;_;

Agreed. I'm most disappointed that Konami didn't continue what they did with the Yugi event where we got guaranteed cards from doing missions. Everyone liked that shit and we need it back

cHinzo

Agreed. I'm most disappointed that Konami didn't continue what they did with the Yugi event where we got guaranteed cards from doing missions. Everyone liked that shit and we need it back

Let's hope we can give them some feedback after the event!

I don't really like any of Mokuba's cards, but I've gotten so far Darkflare Dragon (in prismatic, nonetheless), Divine Dragon Ragnarok and the Blue-Eyes spell, but just one of each, and all of them from a Lv.30 Mokuba (Never gotten anything from Lv.40 Mokuba)

I'm more interested in the gems that he occasionally gives.

cHinzo

Just started this last week and I'm addicted, even though I got a shitty deck.

Try to focus on a single cool deck first, so u don't waste ur gems on all those different packs and end up with half baked decks. Luckily the Duel-A-Thon event comes back in July, for some easy free gems. :D

cHinzo

Well I did focus on one deck and I know the one I want but its one of the most expensive. I really like that Red Eye Zombie deck. I just cant pull the UR or SR i want. I know it's not the best but it look like a deck I would have fun with.

I really like the same deck and it plays amazingly, but it's hard to make that deck, since there are hardly any cards u can replace and still make it as good as it is. It took me 120 packs from the newest box to get the 3 Wyvern and I have none of the required Gozuki lol. :<

Red Eyes Gozuki is probably the most pay to win deck currently available.

I'm F2P exclusively, so I guess I'm lucky as hell. I'm only missing 1 Gozuki and 1 Red-Eyes Zombie, and I haven't opened more than 80 packs total from that box. But other than Gozuki, Vampire Lord and Knight of the Red Lotus, I haven't pulled any other UR from that box.

I love this new way of getting cards with the EX thingies. It's both yet another incentive to keep playing, a way of getting event rewards AND getting out of print cards. I hope they keep this, it's even better than whet they did with Yugi's event.
Archfiend Empress is great, really strong (and even stronger with their field) and hard to remove from the field by normal means as long as it can banish.

MiTYH

Yami Bakura's back. With EX gems as rewards, store changes up a bit...

Anyone have any non-Union attack decks to farm him? Currently just gathering dice, no sense wasting them on sub-2k attempts

A.J.

Banned
Yami Bakura's back. With EX gems as rewards, store changes up a bit...

Anyone have any non-Union attack decks to farm him? Currently just gathering dice, no sense wasting them on sub-2k attempts

Piranha Army + Master of Oz + Gift of the Martyr + Secret Pass.

cHinzo

I'm F2P exclusively, so I guess I'm lucky as hell. I'm only missing 1 Gozuki and 1 Red-Eyes Zombie, and I haven't opened more than 80 packs total from that box. But other than Gozuki, Vampire Lord and Knight of the Red Lotus, I haven't pulled any other UR from that box.

I love this new way of getting cards with the EX thingies. It's both yet another incentive to keep playing, a way of getting event rewards AND getting out of print cards. I hope they keep this, it's even better than whet they did with Yugi's event.
Archfiend Empress is great, really strong (and even stronger with their field) and hard to remove from the field by normal means as long as it can banish.
The red eyes zombie deck consists of 3 Gozuki and 3 Wyvern though from that box. It's really expensive.

MiTYH

Piranha Army + Master of Oz + Gift of the Martyr + Secret Pass.

Would this work? I thought he's got destiny board going so time is a factor.

Also, any subs for Master of Oz? I've got all the rest. (Did some pulls for Master, didn't get it but did get Black Luster Soldier, which is nice)

ethanny2

Im level 30 ish and I was trying to make a competitive beast deck based on this
m.jpg

but now Im hearing that this deck is ranked pretty low in the meta, why is this? Because it costs a lot of life points?

The red eyes zombie deck consists of 3 Gozuki and 3 Wyvern though from that box. It's really expensive.

I see, it makes sense. I guess I'm using a different version.

Im level 30 ish and I was trying to make a competitive beast deck based on this
m.jpg

but now Im hearing that this deck is ranked pretty low in the meta, why is this? Because it costs a lot of life points?

I don't really follow the meta, but now that I think about it, I've never seen a beast deck in Ranked. Could it be that it is easy to get a bad hand? It seems also kind of expensive, as you need four UR from the same box, so you need to reset the box three times.

A.J.

Banned

Also, any subs for Master of Oz? I've got all the rest. (Did some pulls for Master, didn't get it but did get Black Luster Soldier, which is nice)

Based on what you've told me I tried my best.
EStJFMRh.png

cHinzo

Just throw in whatever big fusion monster + Riryoku I guess instead of Master of Oz. The thing with Oz is that don't need an extra card (Riryoku in this case) to hit the 10k damage mark, since 800 ATK from the Piranha + 4200 ATK from Oz gives Piranha 5000 attack with Martyr, for a 10k damage with Piranha's effect.

So instead of Oz: summon big fusion monster turn before or on the last turn -> summon Piranha on the last turn -> use Secret Pass on Piranha -> use Riryoku on fusion monster -> use Martyr on fusion monster and u will be set for 10k damage.

Top Bottom