• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Speed is what makes or breaks these games. Hoping they weren't stupid enough to make this slow like they have with some of the other games I've tried.
I hate playing the Android game sometimes, since it asks me if I'd like to activate my trap card every. single. time. anything. happens.

I mean, it makes complete sense, but it was immensely annoying to not be able to hold down a button and skip that like in the old World Championship games.

Sandfox

Where's my US PSN version!? Damn delays.

Pendulum looks whack.
Pendulums can be fun.
I did laugh at how in the first episode the cards in his hand kind of just magically turned into pendulum cards though, especially since he uses his whole hand after that, and one of the cards was returned to the hand previously, so it's hilarious nobody called him out on cheating

If I had one gripe with Arc-V it'd be the action cards, but honestly it's not like deus ex machinas are ever uncommon in a card game anime.
Action cards were actually made to get away from some of the dumb cards we got in previous seasons.
Speed is what makes or breaks these games. Hoping they weren't stupid enough to make this slow like they have with some of the other games I've tried.
The game seems pretty quick from what I've seen.

Don't have a ps4 yet, but will keep an eye on this. Are Toons still viable in any sense of the word? I used to use that one continuous spell that made it so no monster could attack on its first turn to piss people off, so hopefully I can still run that.

Sandfox

Don't have a ps4 yet, but will keep an eye on this. Are Toons still viable in any sense of the word? I used to use that one continuous spell that made it so no monster could attack on its first turn to piss people off, so hopefully I can still run that.

Toons are actually getting new support in the pack that releases next week.

Kallor

So..are all the good cards locked into DLC? I didn't get anything good until I started buying shit on that last Xbox360 game.

So..are all the good cards locked into DLC? I didn't get anything good until I started buying shit on that last Xbox360 game.

There are no dlc cards right now to my understanding. Only DLC is single player content. All cards up to the secret forces pack are in the game with no extra money. We might get later packs as dlc though

There are no dlc cards right now to my understanding. Only DLC is single player content. All cards up to the secret forces pack are in the game with no extra money. We might get later packs as dlc though
They also made it so you get way more cards way faster, that's a pretty important detail.

I just remembered that with the new rules, you don't get to draw a card if you go first. That's going to take some getting used to.

Oh, and apparently both players can have a Field Spell Card at the same time? Man, you miss like a year and a half...

I just remembered that with the new rules, you don't get to draw a card if you go first. That's going to take some getting used to.

Oh, and apparently both players have have a Field Spell Card at the same time? Man, you miss like a year and a half...
The draw thing makes no difference to me, I prefer going second. Are there any more rule changes?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Only thing the DLC gives you is more AI opponents, and premade decks

So how is it gimped? Because every Yugioh game in the last however many years has been gimped in one way or another, locking stuff behind DLC, cutting content, or whatever.

If this is finally a Yugioh game that isn't a mess in one way or another I'll probably pick it up once I get a PS4.

Oh, and apparently both players have have a Field Spell Card at the same time? Man, you miss like a year and a half...

Those are some weird rules, the game has definitely changed a lot since I last played.

So, I just started play story mode to get back into things...I won by activating 3 heart of the underdog a bunch of times in a row until I got exodia. Am I doing this right?

Fj0823

The draw thing makes no difference to me, I prefer going second. Are there any more rule changes?

Both Players can control a field spell at the same time now.

And if you replace the Field Spell with a new One, it's no longer considered as "Destroying" it

Spell Speed 1 monsters effects (Monsters that activate effects during your turn only) can no longer be chained to trap and other effects, this was commonly called "Priority", it's gone now. Thankfully

So, I just started play story mode to get back into things...I won by activating 3 heart of the underdog a bunch of times in a row until I got exodia. Am I doing this right?

Exodia is all about boring the hell out of your opponent by drawing and drawing until he's sick of the game and leaves.

So, kinda? :p

Good OT. Answered some of my questions. Haven't kept up with the TCG for some years now since I think it became an overly complicated mess, but I like it structured in a video game where there's a lack of "human rule interpretation." I'll get this if I can fully build my Gravekeepers i.e. if Recruiter finally made it into a game.

Whaaaaaaaat. Man, YGO changes so damn much so quickly. This is the kind of stuff I mean. You have to keep an ear on the ground and each eye in a microscope and telescope to keep up with it properly.

Fj0823

Also, Spell Speed 1 monsters effects (Monsters that activate effects during your turn only) can no longer be chained to trap and other effects, this was commonly called "Priority", it's gone now. Thankfully

For example, your Chaos Emperor Dragon can no longer blow the field if I counter his summon with a Bottomless Trap Hole.

And yes, that's it :)

EDIT: Added to the OP

OmegaDL50

So the newest thing for me is Pendulum Summons, You don't Draw if you go first, and the elimination of priority.

The last time I played is when Xyz cards were introduced, so I don't have much to catch up on.

I wonder if the game is based on the current July 16th forbidden list?

I mean sure the cards go back to February, but they can still keep the most recent banlist right?

So the newest thing for me is Pendulum Summons, You don't Draw if you go first, and the elimination of priority.

The last time I played is when Xyz cards were introduced, so I don't have much to catch up on.

I wonder if the game is based on the current July 16th forbidden list?

I mean sure the cards go back to February, but they can still keep the most recent banlist right?
It's based on the list from around the time the cards came out

Sandfox

Konami is located in California so I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait three more hours at the very least.

Question about Field Spell cards since it's been such a long time since I've played. The OP says:
"If you wish to replace the Field Spell Card you currently control, you may send your Field Spell to the Graveyard in order to play a new one. The old card is not considered to be destroyed."

This may not matter or make any difference, but is the act of moving a Field Spell to the Graveyard and replacing it with a new one considered one action or two? Maybe a better way of wording it is: Could I simply remove my own Field Spell to send to the Graveyard without replacing it?

I did laugh at how in the first episode the cards in his hand kind of just magically turned into pendulum cards though, especially since he uses his whole hand after that, and one of the cards was returned to the hand previously, so it's hilarious nobody called him out on cheating

If I had one gripe with Arc-V it'd be the action cards, but honestly it's not like deus ex machinas are ever uncommon in a card game anime.

I just watched the first episode (And am partially through the second) of Arc-V, and holy crap! He totally cheated that Champion out of a victory with all of his Pendulum effects. XD

I'm hoping the show starts using some standard duels as well. I'm not a fan of Action Cards at all.

To stay on topic, I'm watching someone play the game now, the UI looks a bit nicer in action. I need this game already!

I just watched the first episode (And part of the second) of Arc-V, and holy crap! He totally cheated that Champion out of a victory with all of his Pendulum effects. XD

I'm hoping the show starts using some standard duels as well. I'm not a fan of Action Cards at all.

To stay on topic, I'm watching someone the game now, the UI looks a bit nicer in action. I need this game already!

There are later on. Plus there's also a major character who actually refuses to ever use them (And his deck would actually become way worse if he did)

Fj0823

Question about Field Spell cards since it's been such a long time since I've played. The OP says:
"If you wish to replace the Field Spell Card you currently control, you may send your Field Spell to the Graveyard in order to play a new one. The old card is not considered to be destroyed."

This may not matter or make any difference, but is the act of moving a Field Spell to the Graveyard and replacing it with a new one considered one action or two? Maybe a better way of wording it is: Could I simply remove my own Field Spell to send to the Graveyard without replacing it?

You can't, unless a card effect or basic rule allows (Like the hand-limit rule) you to, you cannot move your cards to other places.

This applies to monsters and cards in your hand as well!

I just watched the first episode (And am partially through the second) of Arc-V, and holy crap! He totally cheated that Champion out of a victory with all of his Pendulum effects. XD

To stay on topic, I'm watching someone the game now, the UI looks a bit nicer in action. I need this game already!

Try to keep and watch until episode 8. When shit starts hitting the fan, it's a pretty school-lifey series before that.

Shit royally hits the fan around episode 30 though

Big One

Banned

No. Field Spells are only replaced by other Field Spells.

It's out already? Nice! Yu-Gi-Oh! has always been my not-so-hidden guilty pleasure, so it'll be nice to have an outlet express my interest in it.

Regiruler

It was mainly to fix the fact that field spell reliant decks kinda got screwed over by anything that could search their field faster (gravekeepers being a big one).

Field wars format was fun though, even if it didn't really exist.

Top Bottom