• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Darkside of Dimensions (20th Anniversary Movie) Poster + Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabeeNo

A5ASDAg.gif

Kaiba was cool, but King Jack is superior

Hexa

I haven't watched yugioh since the beginning of GX. What do I need to know to prepare for this?

Fj0823

I haven't watched yugioh since the beginning of GX. What do I need to know to prepare for this?

5D's is great, Zexal is insultingly bad. Arc-V is simply amazing.

Synchros, Xyz and Pendulum cards are things now. they might appear if the movie deals with dimmensions as
ARCV focus on the fact that theres a dimension for each kind of card

vareon

Now this is the most relevant SDCC news.

I want to watch Arc-V but I'm kinda tired with them explaining every single card. I have to say I prefer to read manga over anime for this @_@

Hexa

You might need to learn about the new summoning methods, Synchro and XYZ. Also, watch 5Ds because it's the best Yu-gi-oh series. Arc-V is great too

Oh right. I play Duel Network so I know how they work (though pendulums still confuse me), but I meant from a plot point of view. Like does anything from future series link back to this?
I'd rather not watch the entire series. I don't have as much time as I did when I was a kid. Is the manga good too?

Fj0823

Oh right. I play Duel Network so I know how they work (though pendulums still confuse me), but I meant from a plot point of view. Like does anything from future series link back to this?
I'd rather not watch the entire series. I don't have as much time as I did when I was a kid. Is the manga good too?

Arc-V might be the only new one slightly related to the story

I doubt they'll reference a future series. Yu-gi-oh manga since GX have always diverged from the anime really early and follow an entirely different plot. If you don't want to watch 100s of episodes, Arc-V is still fairly new (Still over 60 though) and if any series is referenced it'll be arc-V

Takao

Banned
Yu-Gi-Oh! creator Kazuki Takahashi took to the stage at San Diego International Comic Con on July 11, 2015 to address fans about the brand new Yu-Gi-Oh! Movie “Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions” that will be coming to theaters. In addition to revealing the movie’s title he also debuted the film’s poster.

During the panel Mr. Takahashi revealed more about the film’s story. The film takes place a year after the conclusion to Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters. In addition to Yugi and Kaiba you will be seeing a lot of familiar faces on screen – characters previewed included Joey, Tristan, Tea, and even Bakura, all with updated designs.

Mr. Takahashi also brought along storyboards which he shared with the audience, but by far most exciting thing shown at the panel was a teaser trailer for the new movie, which we will debut online 7/18.

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions is scheduled to premiere in Japan Golden Week 2016. Release dates outside of Japan are TBD.

http://www.yugioh.com/news/sdcc-2015-panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom