• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu Suzuki's gamelab presentation has a slide with a '3' on it. You know what to do.

anderedna

Since it's basically Sega and the number is 3, I call VC3 localization/HD remake on PS4/Vita. It's doesn't relate to Yu Suzuki tho.

Seik

Banned
That's Shenmue III, holy shit.

That '3' is exactly the same pattern the '2' is for Shenmue II.

It's happening for real or that just massive level trolling.

EDIT:

Translation:

"With the right enviroment, I would be delighted to make Shenmue III, this is a little joke I made last night"

Troll Level : III.

Fuck life.

Freeman

Banned
What would be the budget necessary for a game like this to happen? Would it have to necessarily be for home consoles or could it be made for portables first? Does a studio already exists that would be more likely to make this?

Lernaean

Banned
Just got back from work and saw the thread title and said 'pff, no way...'

Then i saw the image and the font. I'm literally crying right now, if he is trolling us he is the biggest dick alive XD

The Shenmue font.....

The Shenmue font!

EDIT: *reads slash3584's post*

YhoOz04.gif

_Ryo_

I wouldnt even mind a Shenmue game with micro-transactions, honestly. It seems like the perfect game for it. As long as they dont affect gameplay or plot, and have a way to obtain items without paying real money, who cares?

1. Give a way to make money ala Shenmue II. Jobs, gambling, pawnshops.
2. Sell capsule toys, clothing, music
3. Buy with money earned in game
4. Or with real money.

The only problem with this is the Shenmue 2 situation where a gang demands money for you to progress. This type of thing should be locked to in game currency only.

There should be a lot of jobs in shenmue 3. At least 7 types. More jobs = more mini games! More mini games = change for mobile port of said games. = More money from Shenmue 3.

I also would love a mobile collection of all the jobs and games from both Shenmues on mobile. WANNA PLAY Multiplayer LUCKY HIT? YIIIS.

Sàmban

Banned
you son of a bitch

You son OF A BITCH

YOU SON OF A BITCH

YOUIA SONV OG A TBITCH

OAIAJSHALKASLKAldaks;lkansd;a

HAHHSALKHSDASskjfgnpakgjf;kja;lkshAHJAHjhKAKAakhlas

HAHKABKLKAJhdkjshl;kjKJAs;kjhv;sjAHAHHHSAHSHHAHSHhdalkhhAHALKSH

EDIT: It's just a joke? That's fucking cruel. Fuck yu suzuki

Spaghetti

hm.

i don't think yu suzuki would actually joke around in regards to a shenmue 3 hint. i have a feeling the joke comment was a smokescreen to avoid actually announcing the game before the eventual big reveal. if anything, i think this was a subtle nod to just hint that a deal has been made.

killatopak

Gold Member
My pants cannot contain thy excitement!

EDIT: OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG
A joke really?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??????????????????
My heart cannot take this...

slash3584

hm.

i don't think yu suzuki would actually joke around in regards to a shenmue 3 hint. i have a feeling the joke comment was a smokescreen to avoid actually announcing the game before the eventual big reveal. if anything, i think this was a subtle nod to just hint that a deal has been made.

Yeah, to be honest if this was not Shenmue III I would be pretty sure that an announcement would not be far off.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
hm.

I'd support him today if he did a crowd fund. A lot of us would.

hm.

Please don't do this yourself. I fear for your sanity.
Just accept that Shenmue is dead, and if it's ever coming out it will be a nice surprise.

Vamphuntr

I just don't believe it would make sense for a publisher to throw money at Suzuki to make Shenmue 3. The last time you could play a Shenmue game was on Xbox. Otherwise you had to play them on Deamcast. The publisher would have to make HD port of 1 and 2 to be worth it.

They are also games that were really expensive to make back then, Both games are also more cult hit and not extremely popular. Gameplay isn't mainstream enough for a big publisher to throw the millions at it and to end up with a game that won't sell.

MormaPope

Banned
If Shenmue 3 ever gets made, I hope to god its Japanese voice acting only with English subtitles. No time or money should be wasted on bringing back the OG English voice actors, as harsh as that sounds. Shenmue 3 with Shenmue 1&2 English voice acting can not be a thing in 2010+.

Top Bottom