• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yumi's Odd Odyssey release appears to be imminent

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
soB.png

Coming March 20th to US eShop

Edit: Beaten

"Hey, kids! So, we know you're playing Titanfall, or Infamous, or Metal Gear Solid, or Dark Souls II, or Yoshi's New Island (lol), or Final Fantasy X HD... but why not shell out $30 for a digital-only 3DS game you've never heard of and that's also ugly?"

Sound marketing.

zroid

Banned
I really doubt this game's sales are going to be affected by retail releases on other platforms...

YOO is about as niche as it gets.

"Hey, kids! So, we know you're playing Titanfall, or Infamous, or Metal Gear Solid, or Dark Souls II, or Yoshi's New Island (lol), or Final Fantasy X HD... but why not shell out $30 for a digital-only 3DS game you've never heard of and that's also ugly?"

Sound marketing.
They had intended to release it in January but AFAIK Nintendo happened.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wiki says Oddworld Inhabitants was formed in 1994, and this series was first released in December of 1994 in Japan.

Point to Oddworld Inhabitants.
Abe's Oddysee didn't come out until 1997. I think the point was that the Umihara Kawase series came out first before the Oddworld series.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member

Sound marketing.

What the... $30?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Sound marketing.

The last version of the game worth buying routinely goes for a hundred bucks in perfect condition.

zroid

Banned
What the... $30?

Believe me, I understand why people would be taken aback at $30. I feel $20 is a more apt price, personally.

But this was a full-fledged retail title in Japan. $30 is in line with all the other Japanese 3DS retail games which have gotten eShop-exclusive localizations.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's worth every penny.

30 bucks is a more than fair price for this excellent game.

I'm just saying, the scarcity of Umihara Kawase DS has absolutely no bearing on what would constitute an acceptable price here.

I'll pay $30 for it, but even I, as a fan of the series, have a tough time justifying it. I know the Japanese version was expensive, but considering US pricing for digital-only releases, I don't see $30 of value. For them to charge that much for a no-name, no-boob game released in the midst of all the March titles? That is just dumb.

Fake Edit: I forgot, she got a massive boob job between the PS1 and PSP/DS games.

Yes Boss!

It is a tough price...especially so for double-dippers. $20 like Kokuga would have been better.

I still don't have the Pheonix Wright game since it eShoped at $30.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Natsume games have gone on sale before on the 3DS eshop. As did PW5 for the poster above me. Both this game and PW5 are worth 30. Hell both are worth 50+ to me and are way more interesting than the other games on that list. I'll probably get DS 2 when its on sale for 20 and might get X/X-2. MGS Demo who knows. None of those really effect the people who are going to buy a niche as hell Japanese puzzle platformer though. Maybe someone will spend money on Yoshi instead.

I'm not going to argue that they might not have been better served releasing it in January (for selfish reasons because that's when I wanted it and had more free time!) though but like a lot of Natsume releases it probably wasn't fully baked.

Yes Boss!

Kokuga was actually $15. What a deal.

Even better! That is like the magic price point for digital-only release games.

I think I'm going to get Yumi, even at the higher price. Wanna eventually get all the Umihara releases. I think I only have to get the physical Super Fami and the physical PS1.

Even better! That is like the magic price point for digital-only release games.

I think I'm going to get Yumi, even at the higher price. Wanna eventually get all the Umihara releases. I think I only have to get the physical Super Fami and the physical PS1.

Nice, best of luck in getting the remaining titles. It's a shame the DS one has shot up in price lately. At least the buggy PSP version will always be cheap to offset it, haha.

Top Bottom