• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BotW and 1-2-Switch ESRB ratings

Stopdoor

E10+ seems about right nowadays.

E10+ existed in 2008, so the change from Smash Bros Brawl to Smash 3DS/Wii U's rating might not have had to do with Snake. Skyward Sword's T in 2011 to this may also not have anything to do with lighter content so much as I think the ESRB is just more comfortable using the E10+ rating nowadays, which makes sense. The new Smash and DQVII's E10+ make this seem like it would be the obvious rating choice. It's consistent.

Skyward Sword was E10+.

Yeah
Ice level plus boss and Evil Link hallucination

Spoilers just case some haven't play it

Not just that, but
Ganondorf's backstory, how he killed one of the sages, how they chained him to a boulder and stabbed him through the stomach with a sword, Midna plunging her hand spikes into Zant's chest in a fit of rage, etc.

Then of course there's the dude who sends you on the Poe side quest, and the way Skull Kid and his puppets look.

The only other Zelda games I'd completed before playing Twilight Princess were Link's Awakening and Wind Waker. I was not prepared.

Twilight Princess' art style was creepy as fuck. Thank god Tingle wasn't in it.

The Big N

Banned
"If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?"
Now the question is who says this very truthful line? My money is on
the Goron.

Skeletos311

OP your av makes me think of Dominos pizza every time, stop making me hungry

RrgzlVh.jpg

Not

Banned
While this is interesting, I really wish (spoilers) was in the thread title

Sigh

Blackouts are tough

Meffer

Twilight Princess was really dark with quite a few dead guys to talk to.

Also this,

twilight_princess_hd-7.jpg

Not to mention Zant's entire storyline with his
God being Ganondorf
and his last appearance being his
neck snapping

I didn't find that scene dark or creepy at all. I just thought it was a embarrassing attempt to try to be.

mario_O

The game contains dialogue such as "I get to see a young hunk draw a bow again?" and "If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?"

wut

this is really in the game?

maxcriden

I suppose the fairies won't be any more suggestive than in OOT/MM?

Also, surprised hunting wasn't mentioned in the summary.

Also, why are waifus being mentioned? I didn't see anything like that in the description....

Biggest megaton for me is
Lynels
appear to be in!!

Oh and someone at the ESRB got to play the full game. Screw you, whoever you are.

I think ESRB just gets a mature content reel, not to play the full game. If the SSB leak is any indication, that is.

Edit: I see this was covered.

Funny. Domino's Pizza has the opposite effect on me.

Same here.

It's the *absolute* lowest grade on the pizza food chain. Every time you get one, the cheese is Orange from the copious grease and it's ridiculously expensive - as if you're paying for some premium quality item lol

Pizza Hut and even Little Caesars are much better values and infinitely better quality pizzas.

"If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?" Playable girl confirmed! (I will believe until the very end!)

Even if its not the line suggest lesbians in the game. Bravo Nintendo if that happens.

jax

Banned
"fairies with moderate cleavage and/or exaggerated-size breasts" would be the best tag ever. I'd trade my GAF gold for that.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Biggest megaton for me is
Lynels
appear to be in!!

Oh and someone at the ESRB got to play the full game. Screw you, whoever you are.

Do the people working at the ESRB actually play the games? Wouldn't Nintendo just send them a video or documents detailing the games content?

Zelda an alcohol. It can't get much better than this.

I dunno man, we still haven't got a "Hot Coffee" mod in a Zelda game.

Plum

Do the people working at the ESRB actually play the games? Wouldn't Nintendo just send them a video or documents detailing the games content?

That's exactly what happens. They just send them a video of the most graphic/sexual scenes in the game and the ESRB rates them. No need to play through a 50 hour game if all that needs to be rated are a few aspects of it.

Just curious... How does it suggest lesbians?

They wouldn't be saying "why couldn't it be a lady?" unless the lady is unusual for the person saying it. AKA a girl saying that about another girl. It wouldn't make sense for a boy to say that since there wouldn't be anything unusual about "being pounced on" by a girl so it wouldn't be brought up in conversation so it has to be a girl saying it about another girl.

Hopefully this is a full blown romance sidequest. Hope they pull it off well!

Richie

"If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?" Playable girl confirmed! (I will believe until the very end!)

Even if its not the line suggest lesbians in the game. Bravo Nintendo if that happens.

Absolutely no complaints from me if lesbians are featured in the game, but if anything, that line makes me think of some guy making a wisecrack as he endures some cartoonish pouncing in game, like from a monster or something.

Soph

Moderate cleavage huh, I didn't know you had different metrics for cleavage. Mild cleavage, severe cleavage.

Smash Melee was that game that got a T rating back in 2001 only because there wasn't an E10 rating yet. Brawl got a T probably because of Snake but Smash WiiU got a E10.

The one M rated franchise that I never got why it got that rating was Halo. Every Halo game deserved a T. Uncharted was more violent than Halo and that got a T. Halo 5 got it right in ally though.

Dragnipur

Neo Member

They wouldn't be saying "why couldn't it be a lady?" unless the lady is unusual for the person saying it. AKA a girl saying that about another girl. It wouldn't make sense for a boy to say that since there wouldn't be anything unusual about "being pounced on" by a girl so it wouldn't be brought up in conversation so it has to be a girl saying it about another girl.

You're interpreting that really weirdly. I imagine it's some guy saying that because a cat or something pounces on him and he's making a quip.

Skeletos311

I would make perfect sense for it to be be a guy being pounced on by a dog, cat, or a monster and saying he would prefer it to have been a lady.

Nanashrew

Banned
Biggest thing for me is the centaurs in the ESRB who have only ever been represented in the 2D and top down Zeldas. And even then it's only 5 games total, 2 of them being the Oracle games. It's gonna be cool to see them in full 3D.

I would make perfect sense for it to be be a guy being pounced on by a dog, cat, or a monster and saying he would prefer it to have been a lady.

You're interpreting that really weirdly. I imagine it's some guy saying that because a cat or something pounces on him and he's making a quip.

Absolutely no complaints from me if lesbians are featured in the game, but if anything, that line makes me think of some guy making a wisecrack as he endures some cartoonish pouncing in game, like from a monster or something.
Now that I think about it...that does make sense. I hope you are all wrong but yeah that phrasing makes sense.

Top Bottom