• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda* Breath* of* the* Wild* breaks* Metacritic* record.* Most* 10/10's* ever*

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
Having played 20 hours now and still not having beaten even a single dungeon, I get why this is a 10/10 for so many. It has flaws, but the gameplay is addictive and everything it succeeds at far outshines the few flaws. Amazing game.

It actually captures the whole essence of metacritic perfectly. If it offends people, they probably need to take a step back and lighten up. Metacritic is a battle of the 10s, and how many a game gets is not a measure of anything more than how many it gets... so what's the big deal.

I think this probably goes beyond Metacritic. These games were being compared awhile ago from fanboys from each side. An image like that will just rile them up again for the inevitable "vs" threads that will get banned. After playing these two games myself, the comparisons really makes no sense at all. Both are great games and they're both extremely different from one another.

Hilarion

Having played 20 hours now and still not having beaten even a single dungeon, I get why this is a 10/10 for so many. It has flaws, but the gameplay is addictive and everything it succeeds at far outshines the few flaws. Amazing game.

But this is why I don't really like this game. Link Between Wirlds, which was pretty much the perfect Zelda game, was mostly innovative dungeon crawling. This game just has you wandering around the overworld.

This image is this in it's purest form

5978.jpg
I mean, that image basically sums up every single X1/PS4 exclusive review thread ever.

jrush64

Banned

Im on 70 hours, and I havent beated a dungeon. only beaten like 10 shrines. I've found others but I'm not beating them yet. I'm just playing around in the game.

Krowley

Im on 70 hours, and I havent beated a dungeon. only beaten like 10 shrines. I've found others but I'm not beating them yet. I'm just playing around in the game.

This sounds like how I play games lol.

If I'm remembering right, I managed to make TP last over 100 hours on my first play-through. I'll probably end up spending 500 on BOTW (when I finally get a chance to play it.)

EXPECTED

And now i expect a lot of threads about wich PS or XBOX game can dethrone BOTW .

Horizon blabalabla
FAILED

bUt there will be RDR2 bñlablabla
IF Fails

But God of War blablabla
If Fails

But No mans sky 2 babbklabkla LOL
If Fails

But ps5 20 TFLOPS blcblabla

Then NEW METROID WILL COME
Bless you.

Really hope it is as good as it sounds.

Waiting for CEMU so I can play without distracting IQ issues.

I plan to buy the WiiU version as well for that reason but it's really not that bad. The immersion and art style really help hide the subpar IQ on the Switch version, and plenty of WiiU games are the same way that are 720p. It'd be nice to have Splatoon at 1080p with good AA, but I have a blast playing it on console and I always overlook it, and I'm a 390X owner.

JawzPause

It actually captures the whole essence of metacritic perfectly. If it offends people, they probably need to take a step back and lighten up. Metacritic is a battle of the 10s, and how many a game gets is not a measure of anything more than how many it gets... so what's the big deal.
Ye but that image is just bait. This thread is about zelda getting a certain amount of 10s and not how many horizon got. That user is just trying to create beef.

To each their own though i guess

spock

After playing some more, (not sure how many hours but 10+) I've definitely found things that could possibly be improved, most people have commented on them already. However this is still the closest of a 10/10 game I have every played. Even with that said, I dont know if its "my" GOAT, but its in the top 3. For those who dont think its worth a 10, please post some example games you think are better than BOTW.

Also those saying its given extra points due to being a Zelda title, honestly for me, you could remove all the Zelda stuff from this game and it would still hold its weight. Its really the mechanics and the systems carrying its weight. The game to me doesn't feel like traditional Zelda, and its better for it IMO.

I was hesitant to say this at first but after spending more time with it, I hope and think any devs looking to do open world study the hell out of this game and the relation between, systems, mechanics and user behavior and psychology while playing. There is a lot of stuff at play here. I honestly told some marketing/copywriter friends of mine to play the game because there is something to be learned even for them.

MTC100

Banned
Ye but that image is just bait. This thread is about zelda getting a certain amount of 10s and not how many horizon got. That user is just trying to create beef.

To each their own though i guess

truth be told, I created it for another forum entirely but found it to be fitting here either way, didn't expect people would get insulted so easily by just stating numbers in a fun way.

Others are comparing Zelda to GTA IV in here, so why not with horizon. And don't get me wrong I truly believe both, Horizon and Zelda to be much much better games than GTA IV, I am still wondering why this game has gotten such high scores, the PS3 version was horrible (as was the x360 one I've heard) and pestered with bugs and over all not too great visually, the story also didn't click with me at all. Given it was an early gen title it might have gotten a lot of praise still. It IS a GTA after all. -That said, I'd feel much better seeing GTA V on top of metacritic instead of IV, that game really was a true masterpiece.

bionic77

Nothing is for everyone but for me this game was an amazing achievement in game design.

Probably the best game Nintendo has ever made and for me at least certainly one of the best games of all time.

truth be told, I created it for another forum entirely but found it to be fitting here either way, didn't expect people would get insulted so easily by just stating numbers in a fun way.
You are plain trolling.Period.System wars is not a welcome thing here.

The most of PC gamers here would be banned.
What the f has to come PC gamers with a enfuriating pic?.PC gamers?.Pikmins?.People should stop being in one side or another.Games are games.For fun.BOTW is a masterpiece, and we all should be happy about it. The same for Horizon or Persona 5.Enjoy games people.

Muffdraul

I platinum'd Horizon the other day and finally started on BotW yesterday morning. After a couple of hours I had powered the Wii U off and started my second game of Horizon. I look forward to it finally releasing me from its iron grip so I can appreciate BotW. I've been spoiled by games giving me overt waypoints for the last 10 years. BotW expecting me to find my own way wore me down fast.

3DShovel

I platinum'd Horizon the other day and finally started on BotW yesterday morning. After a couple of hours I had powered the Wii U off and started my second game of Horizon. I look forward to it finally releasing me from its iron grip so I can appreciate BotW. I've been spoiled by games giving me overt waypoints for the last 10 years. BotW expecting me to find my own way wore me down fast.
I honestly appreciate that quests in this game don't just shove a point on your map on where exactly to go. The NPC will just mention an area and you have to check the map to figure out where that is. Then you go there, and look around.

So good.

I hit shrine #90 today. 30 more to go. At this point they're incredibly well hidden. I'm at about 70 hours played, have beaten all divine beasts, discovered all memories, about 70 Korok seeds. I wanna get all 120 shrines before I face Ganon. I'm not sure if I'll do all 900 seeds, but at this rate, who knows?

I'm so captivated by the world. Just love running around and getting distracted by enemies or something suspicious.

Easily GotY for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom