• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild "OMG I didn't know you could do that!" thread [SPOILERS]

Lilo_D

cus I'm near death mount
There is a hot spring
If you throw an egg in it, the egg will be cooked into hot spring egg
Also in this hot spring if you lift a heavy stone and walk in a relatively deep water you will find yourself walk faster

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
There are these really short pillars of light at various areas in the field. I'm 99.9% sure koroks are there, but I have no idea how to get them. (not the ones that zig zag around that you have to catch). What am I supposed to do? :X

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I stand corrected! :) Thanks.

Has anyone confirmed the "renew weapon durability through rusting & octorok" theory yet?
Maybe I didn't read it correctly, but I did throw a few weapons at Octoroks and they all just broke. Maybe they need to be rusted?

Smeags

Instead of renting a sand seal, just bomb a wild one to phase it. Go up behind it and youre good to go!

Just be aware that if you disconnect, itll try to waddle away haha.

Spinifex

I stand corrected! :) Thanks.

Has anyone confirmed the "renew weapon durability through rusting & octorok" theory yet?

I can verify that it doesn't work. Normal weapons don't rust after being placed in water, damaged weapons don't repair after being spat out by an Octorok.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I can verify that it doesn't work. Normal weapons don't rust after being placed in water

RG0BS1U.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Cuburt

My horse can't swim. It just stands at the water's edge.

13hlphVi9Cm9KE.gif

You can't swim while on the horses back, it swims on it's own, but most of the time it will avoid water if it can. I think it might even refuse to follow you if it has to swim to reach you, but if it ends up in the water, it can swim on it's own.

Complete the thunderhelm side quest to get it in gerudo town. It makes you immune to lightning strikes. Run around in a thunderstrom with metal against enemies for destructive results.

Crayolan

If you grab a Cuccoo and run into a battle, hit it twice and then set it down near an enemy or throw it at them and when the enemy hits it they'll be swarmed by Cuccoos.
I wonder if that would work on the last boss
🤔

I brought a cucco to the last boss but it didn't aggro the boss. I didn't do the "hit it twice" thing though, is that necessary? Do you have to hit it a few times before it will aggro enemies? If so I'll check again.

KarmaCow

Complete the thunderhelm side quest to get it in gerudo town. It makes you immune to lightning strikes. Run around in a thunderstrom with metal against enemies for destructive results.

The set bonus on the Rubber Set also has the unshockable attribute making you immune to lightning strikes.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Well it takes a long time to rust metal. How long did you wait for it to rust? :p

Even if it would work, it's a pretty useless system if it really takes for it to kick in. Dropped weapons disappear if you fast-travel, enter shrines or do anything else that causes the area to reload, so that means that you'd have to wait in the actual area while it rusts.

Meh. Just get on with the game then; it's easy to get new powerful weapons anyway.

Keep. Stepping. On. The. Lady's. Flowers. Holy S***!

Hahaha, yeah, that shat me up too.

Cuburt

While people finding ways to skip the puzzles in the shrines is interesting (and high level play it seems), I'm way more interested in seeing more pro combat.

I've seen some really great clips and gifs floating around since launch, but I'm excited to see what people figure out in really high level, flashy combat scenarios.

jariw

Cutting grass will reveal insects, reptiles and life-saver "fairies". The content that can be found in the grass seems to be based on location, weather and ToD. I've found areas with grass containing huge amount of fairies.

correojon

There is a really cool secret room of death beneath one of the mazes.

Also in the shrine you access once you save the singing rito, you climb up a long ladder and you can hear music very quietly in the background

SNAAAAAKKKEE EAAAATTTEERRR

Which maze? I´v heard people saying one of the mazes had an awesome secret, must be this you´re refferring to and I´d love to see it :D

Platy

While people finding ways to skip the puzzles in the shrines is interesting (and high level play it seems), I'm way more interested in seeing more pro combat.

I've seen some really great clips and gifs floating around since launch, but I'm excited to see what people figure out in really high level, flashy combat scenarios.

My favorite in one of those is the dude holding a chicken for an enemy to hit and the usual chicken crazyness happened to the monster

Top Bottom