• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | New Trailer - Amiibo and Collector's Edition announced

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
sS0qU9a.png

Saw this posted on 4chan as a way to mock the game for having worse graphics than it's predecessor.

The interesting thing imo is that on the pic of TOTK you can spot a cave entrance on the right side of the mountain. Cool stuff, might be cool if they added some random caves and dungeons to make the exploration more engaging.

pd: I don't know if the comparisson is real or what, the bottom pic might be taken from an emulated version. Just wanted to point out the cave.

If you look carefully, there's a sort of flying bat in the top middle of the screen too.

Ulysses 31

In fact, it's one of my best Majora's mask games, but if we look at it coldly, it's almost an expansion of Ocarina of time.
It's a direct sequel so the samey look can be justified but IMO it does enough new stuff to see it as a stand alone game separate from Ocarina of Time to warrant it's full price. I think(hope) it will be the same with Tears of the Kingdom. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Partly explains why all the CE's were sold out before people even knew they were available - well, that was my experience, anyway.
Funnily enough, here in the Benelux I still see it up for pre-order on a few big online stores. Maybe's Nintendo's producing more CE copies for Europe for TotK than they did for BotW...:messenger_winking_tongue:

Zimmy68

It's a direct sequel so the samey look can justified but IMO it does enough new stuff to see it as a stand alone game separate from Ocarina of Time to warrant it's full price. I think(hope) it will be the same with Tears of the Kingdom. :messenger_winking_tongue:
The price is secondary to me, I'm more perplexed at how it took so long. It's not like they had to create the game engine and world.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Funnily enough, here in the Benelux I still see it up for pre-order on a few big online stores. Maybe's Nintendo's producing more CE copies for Europe for TotK than they did for BotW...:messenger_winking_tongue:

Yeah, I noticed that the link given in this thread still had preorders open. Here in the UK:

200.gif

I think we're well stocked when it comes to people who have adapted to a life on ebay as a major part of their income though. So that's great.

Eyeroll Ugh GIF

Moses85

150€ for this CE …
Season 4 Episode 3 GIF by The Office

Sold out everywhere.

Reminds me on this RE4 Remake CE… 349€

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Gamers are one of the dumbest …

Robb

Gold Member
And inside the cave there could be a puzzle that rewards you with a korok seed. Sweet.
Heh, that’d be something else.

I can just imagine entering a cave with glee and then hearing a muffled “Yahaha!” echo in the distance
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

Rodolink

And inside the cave there could be a puzzle that rewards you with a korok seed. Sweet.
Would be really nice if we got caves/cave-systems spread out on the map. Climbing a mountain to find a cave you can go into and explore further would be a million times better than finding your 567th Korok-seed puzzle.
I'd prefer fewer caves with proper rewards instead of bazillion chests with 5 ruppees, random materials or seeds, but current times sadly are not like that, games "have" to last hundreds of hours to keep players engaged enough to recover costs and make profit...

BouncyFrag

I’m just waiting to see how fast the speed runners can smash the games mechanics to smithereens. You only get one shot at the ‘day one blind any %’ run.

Robb

Gold Member
I'd prefer fewer caves with proper rewards instead of bazillion chests with 5 ruppees, random materials or seeds, but current times sadly are not like that, games "have" to last hundreds of hours to keep players engaged enough to recover costs and make profit...
Looking at the recent trailer I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ll get loads of chest containing various parts that can be used to construct the vehicles.

Mato

As boring as I think it looks I am partly intrigued by the possibility of a Zelda with many times the sandbox possibilities and depth of BOTW.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
With how similar the map is, I sure hope so.

I’d be lying if I said the recent comparison videos didn’t deflate my hype quite a bit.
I'm really worried this will be another Splatoon 3 situation, where I thought they were holding back, and then it's just a lazy game. I will still go back to Hyrule tho.

Tams

Yeah, I noticed that the link given in this thread still had preorders open. Here in the UK:

200.gif

I think we're well stocked when it comes to people who have adapted to a life on ebay as a major part of their income though. So that's great.

Eyeroll Ugh GIF

Ugggh, that sucks.

It's a shame I'm leaving Japan before the release as getting special editions is generally not too bad here.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Less shrines and proper dungeons this time please. If BotW had proper dungeons I seriously think it could be a reference game to go back to and study 20 or or even 30 years later. The worst Zelda game easily beat it in dungeons quality which is to me what Zelda is all about. Hopefully TotK change that.

Kenpachii

Im not big on crafting...

The cooking of BOTW was fine once I got some good receipies down, then i would make the same stuff over and over.

Crafting is usually my least favorite parts of games, but if anyone can make me like it, then it would be Nintendo.

Same here i skip everything that revolves around crafting hate it.

93xfan

Banned
I'm really worried this will be another Splatoon 3 situation, where I thought they were holding back, and then it's just a lazy game. I will still go back to Hyrule tho.
You’d think with the $70 price tag they must have something really special, but then again, it’s Nintendo.

You just never know what Nintendo is going to do

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
You’d think with the $70 price tag they must have something really special, but then again, it’s Nintendo.

You just never know what Nintendo is going to do
I don't think TotK will be lazy, and they def revealed there's more to it than Splatoon 3 from Splatoon 2. I do think they are afraid to spoil stuff, but so far I'm looking forward to it, I'm just not excited yet.

Hope to see a city in the sky. I'm playing Minish Cap for the first time, and this game has a lot of stuff, sure not as developed maybe, but it's packed for a Zelda game.

Ah, what the hell. I ended up preordering the normal edition, 60€ with some stickers and a poster. The only good thing from the CE was the artbook, and while the leaks look nice, it definitely wasn't worth the price.

Gabbelgak

I finally got around to playing and beating breath of the wild this week. Couldn't stand the weapons breaking when I initially tried it forever ago and put it down.

After finishing it, I still couldn't stand the weapons breaking and will not buy unless there are a ton more weapons similar to the master sword at the very least that have recharge timers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom