• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | New Trailer - Amiibo and Collector's Edition announced

It’s gotta be more than being able to build vehicles and sky dungeons added onto the original map right? Like that doesn’t take six years just to add a few elements to the sandbox

Boss Man

Weirdly not hyped about this game and pretty annoyed at the price tag.

It’s probably going to one of those games I play years later and can’t believe I missed though. I mean BOTW might be the greatest game I’ve ever played.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
If you have Nintendo online you can use the vouchers to get Tears of the Kingdom. So buy 2 vouchers for $99. Get Zelda, then get some other game. Save $30 to $40 dollars.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If you have Nintendo online you can use the vouchers to get Tears of the Kingdom. So buy 2 vouchers for $99. Get Zelda, then get some other game. Save $30 to $40 dollars.
I thought this was a good idea too until I realized that the other game I want is $39.99. Isn’t the voucher good for a year? Advance Wars 1+2 is coming out in April 🤔

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Thinking about it some more, and looking how high you can go, I'm wondering if Ganondorf stole the Hyrule castle to the blood moon, and you spend the game creating a path to the blood moon, going higher and higher. Just a thought, as it seems like the blood moon plays a bigger role here.

Robb

Gold Member
Just pre-ordered the collectors edition, the wait has begun..
time calendar GIF by Daniela Sherer

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wonder if it's possible to import BOTW save so if you start anew it has all the shrines and such busy work in the overworld but if you load your save then it has all the completed ones remain so in the new game. Since much of the world's layout is repeated seeing hateno village here. That's gonna be a tricky thing to handle, unless we're transported to a new world at the game's start or something then if much of the terrain is the same I really want neither more shrines even if they're all new nor to have them all disappeared or replaced with some token fluff point of interest. I dunno.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wonder if it's possible to import BOTW save so if you start anew it has all the shrines and such busy work in the overworld but if you load your save then it has all the completed ones remain so in the new game. Since much of the world's layout is repeated seeing hateno village here. That's gonna be a tricky thing to handle, unless we're transported to a new world at the game's start or something then if much of the terrain is the same I really want neither more shrines even if they're all new nor to have them all disappeared or replaced with some token fluff point of interest. I dunno.

They're not gonna include the old shrines in this one.

Robb

Gold Member
all the shrines and such busy work in the overworld but if you load your save then it has all the completed ones remain so in the new game
From what I’ve seen all shrines and towers have been removed from the overworks in TotK. So either they’ve removed those completely or maybe they’ve made new ones that are in the sky in this game instead.

I don’t think there’ll be much in terms of progress that will have to carry over from the last game.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

From what I’ve seen all shrines and towers have been removed from the overworks in TotK. So either they’ve removed those completely or maybe they’ve made new ones that are in the sky in this game instead.

I don’t think there’ll be much in terms of progress that will have to carry over from the last game.
I wonder what the excuse will be for losing all the divine beast powers... :messenger_winking_tongue:

Alexios

Well if they're just removed that kinda sucks too, why would they have disappeared if this is the same world as it appears to be a direct sequel and not some new zelda story set in some super distant future/past that would have the whole world overhauled. And since they have them why not put them in the game, but only for those that haven't already completed them so that it's not a boring retread either, but at least the terrain will be more interesting than just nothing in their place. And especially if it's gonna be more about land masses unavailable in BOTW, but we still have access to the landmasses that were in it, it would ground the game more to have your past game experience reflected on it. I dunno, they've probably thought about this and how to handle this succession will hopefully be smart, we'll see when they show more I guess.

I suppose it's possible Link goes back to sleep or something happens after the ending of BOTW/at the intro of this and it all disappears in the ground as the towers appeared in BOTW as they no longer have a purpose there or whatever, I dunno.

Anyway I hope they've also optimized the game more so it maintains 30 more. Or I suppose with crazy new stuff possible to do just doesn't get worse.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I wonder what the excuse will be for losing all the divine beast powers...
I’m expecting some kind of ‘malice infection’ by Ganon in the beginning to solve that. Seems like the easy solution.

I dunno, they've probably thought about this and how to handle this succession will hopefully be smart, we'll see when they show more I guess.
Yeah from the video analyses I’ve seen people do it seems new landmarks/things have appeared on the spots where shrines used to be in BotW.

They’ll probably just have some kind of simple explanation in the intro to the game. Like Ganon’s minions/malice destroying all the Sheika infrastructure etc. Pretty sure none of the Divine Beasts are visible either in any of the footage we’ve seen.

poodaddy

I want the stuff in the collectors edition but I already preordered digitally.

don't need it don't need it don't need it don't need it don't need it don't need it

Definitely buying the amiibo though.

Andyliini

I got the Collector's Edition preordered, altough this particular store is known for cancelling deals from time to time. Let's hope this one sticks.
Only a few more months, and I can play this game finally. My vacation begins two weeks after release, so I have plenty of time to play it then.

I'm currently doing a cemu playthrough of BOTW. 4k 120fps...I really can't wait for this game and I'll buy on switch but the idea of running it at what? Barely 1080p? Choppy 30fps? It really sucks considering how good the art style is.

I hope Yuzu has some massive focus and performance improvements so this game can be played in the quality it deserves to be played in.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Probably means the powers you got after beating Divine Beasts, such as Mipha's full heal, and Daruk's barrier.
Totally forgot about that. Maybe they'll actually get into the gods instead, like Ocarina. I can't imagine the divine beasts are the actual source of the power since they're mechanical. None of it makes that much sense really.

Ulysses 31

Phew, managed to pre-order the collector's edition! Was afraid I was gonna have to watch amazon the whole day F5' in.

For you Dutchies

Supple

Banned
I wasn't sure where to post this:

I just pre-ordered Metroid Prime Remaster and Zelda TOTK together for $51!

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It’s gotta be more than being able to build vehicles and sky dungeons added onto the original map right? Like that doesn’t take six years just to add a few elements to the sandbox
It could be that the project was restarted several times until they felt that they got it right for the sequel.

It is not unlike Nintendo to trade effort and time for innovation and gameplay polish. Maybe the iteration we are seeing now is the result of two years or so, we do not know the size of the team either (and we have not seen the final game but it is on Nintendo to showcase it).

Still haven't been able to find a single French retailer that has either the CE or the amiibo for preorder...

~edit: apparently some had the CE yesterday, but I've never even seen it listed even while F5'ing every 5 seconds and now it's (obviously) gone. Oh well... at least the amiibo shouldn't be that hard to find down the line.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Still haven't been able to find a single French retailer that has either the CE or the amiibo for preorder...

~edit: apparently some had the CE yesterday, but I've never even seen it listed even while F5'ing every 5 seconds and now it's (obviously) gone. Oh well... at least the amiibo shouldn't be that hard to find down the line.
Amiibo is here right now: https://jeux-video.fnac.com/a16018067/PREREF-AMIIBO-2-Amiibo-et-figurines-NFC

For CE
Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

I took it from amazon JP but now sold out :(

Last edited:

Lethal01

YouTube compression does game videos dirty every single damn time. Not sure how publishers put up with YT taking a shit on their games.
They don't care, if they did they would upload all their videos at 4k60 regardless of game resolution so they can have a higher bitrate.

stickkidsam

Man I wish they brought back those bigass pelicans for this, but I'm not gonna complain about fuckin SKY ISLANDS!! Can't wait for that shit!

Less so for the Collector's Edition though. Art book is cool but I want me a badass statue or somethin'.

TIGERCOOL

Yeah this has my interest. They seem to be taking the open approach philosophy of BotW to its limits based on the website description and the crafting system. I was underwhelmed by the trailers but never doubted this dev team. Keep in mind BotW trailers were all vague and underwhelming until that final pre-release trailer. Just wait. They're still holding their cards very close to the chest.

Alexios

I don't really care about crafting, I hope it's not a mish mash of open world/sandbox ideas that don't do much for the core game. Like No Man's Sky was just a space game and I looked forward to improvements they committed to after the underwhelming launch but they've made it into minecraft and I guess most love it but that doesn't do much for me. I guess you might need to craft some ground vehicle if you're on some sky island a horse can't get to if they're gonna be that big, otherwise I'd stick to the tried and true traversal personally. I suppose flying ones might be required but, Idk how they're gonna handle this aspect. Will they completely make elements like climbing and gliding or whatever completely null and void as far as the open air traversal is concerned? And also supersede every other vehicle/mount I guess since you can probably go anywhere faster even if they don't fly very fast by just making terrain not matter. Gotta have faith in the devs of the game of the generation I guess, even if it's not as big a leap as BOTW itself was (but most series get at least a trilogy in the same style and more BOTW can't a bad thing). Can't wait to see what they unveil.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I guess this is what you get when anything you make sells millions no matter what, specially when you make so little this days ... Im happy for the fans but I checked out of nintendo after the wiiU era and have no regrets... for me .. nintendo is just lazy money grabers

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
sS0qU9a.png

Saw this posted on 4chan as a way to mock the game for having worse graphics than it's predecessor.

The interesting thing imo is that on the pic of TOTK you can spot a cave entrance on the right side of the mountain. Cool stuff, might be cool if they added some random caves and dungeons to make the exploration more engaging.

pd: I don't know if the comparisson is real or what, the bottom pic might be taken from an emulated version. Just wanted to point out the cave.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Im not big on crafting...

The cooking of BOTW was fine once I got some good receipies down, then i would make the same stuff over and over.

Crafting is usually my least favorite parts of games, but if anyone can make me like it, then it would be Nintendo.

Alexios

So does Link lose his arm and that's a sweet af prosthetic with powers or just a sweet af gauntlet thing with powers?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
The scalping cunts are at it again...

Partly explains why all the CE's were sold out before people even knew they were available - well, that was my experience, anyway.

Top Bottom