• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Twilight Princess Online - Trailer (mod)

Lol what a cool idea! Makes me want to see other single-player games get an online co-op treatment from fans. Like running around Rapture with friends taking down Big Daddies. BUT please don't make the next Bioshock an online co-op looter shooter--I'm talking about fans updating the original.

Kuranghi

Just a reminder that Zelda Triforce Heroes was literally one of the best Zelda games with full online co-op and puzzles fully designed around it. Got 100% on the game, and it gets challenging. Most underrated game in the series.

I was thinking of emulating this and playing with it my flatmates, I hope theres a way to do the network play in emulation. I can't really justify buing 3x 3DS just to play it lol

El Muerto

This mod will probably stick around. You can still download the Ocarina of Time multiplayer mod and it's been out for 7 years.

Larxia

Didn't remembered Link looking so fat.
The video is in 4:3 stretched to 16:9, weird choice for a trailer to promote your mod...
That's surprising to me. I just always felt like anything that had a trailer and hype behind it were shutdown, but I guess I could be wrong.
You must be thinking about fan games, not mods. I imagine they do strike against mods every now and then because it's Nintendo... but mods are usually safer than fan games.
There are also some stuff very borderline on the fan game aspect, like PokeMMO, it's a mmo based on gba / ds pokemon games, but I think you need to provide a rom to install it, so they don't distribute the game itself, only the new code for it. Kind of like the PC port of Jak & Daxter.

This has been up for more than a decade, I remember playing it in 2012 lol

MiguelItUp

The video is in 4:3 stretched to 16:9, weird choice for a trailer to promote your mod...

You must be thinking about fan games, not mods. I imagine they do strike against mods every now and then because it's Nintendo... but mods are usually safer than fan games.
There are also some stuff very borderline on the fan game aspect, like PokeMMO, it's a mmo based on gba / ds pokemon games, but I think you need to provide a rom to install it, so they don't distribute the game itself, only the new code for it. Kind of like the PC port of Jak & Daxter.

This has been up for more than a decade, I remember playing it in 2012 lol
Ah gotcha, I appreciate that. Yeah, it just felt like or awhile there anything that was made for a game or revolved around an IP was C&D'd. But you're right, most likely fan games and not mods. Well, in that case, at least Nintendo lets some things slide, because I was always under the impression they didn't.

Robb

Gold Member
ryan reynolds hd GIF

tkscz

Well as long as he doesn't try to monetize it, he should be fine to...
(Alpha available on Patreon)
Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

Yeah that gives Nintendo leverage to DMCA this if it gets too popular. Really hoping this stays relatively unnoticed by streamers and youtubers until it's more publicly available.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
tumblr_nccruoaHSC1runiejo2_500.gif
Twilight princess was originally released in 2006 and yes in 2024 it’s getting an online mode.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Just a reminder that Zelda Triforce Heroes was literally one of the best Zelda games with full online co-op and puzzles fully designed around it. Got 100% on the game, and it gets challenging. Most underrated game in the series.

The one barrier with that game was the requirement of 3 players. I would have played through it with my son, but having to keep 3 people on in order to play at all is quite a bit harder. Four Sword Adventures on the GC, for instance, was smarter about this and allowed any combination of players, with some tricks that ensured no puzzles were unsolvable.

Plus I don't enjoy online play with puzzles; you end up with players who have already seen everything, so they already know the solutions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom