• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zen Pinball 2 Coming to PS4 on December 17th

So what's the difference between Pinball Arcade, Zen Pinball 2, and Pinball FX 2? It's confusing keeping track of them

Pinball Arcade is based on real world tables and has a better physics engine. Pinball FX/Zen Pinball are custom created tables with more fantastical elements, also has much better social features.

see5harp

I prefer Pinball FX/zen pinball to the realistic approach for the Farsight game. Leaderboards and UI are also much nicer (although both pretty much suck in those regards).

Flib

It's always odd to me that GAF has so much more activity on the Pinball Arcade thread. Both games are great and can coexist, and the PS4 version runs beautifully. If anyone needs some competition on their friends list, add me:

Psn: lukewarmmartini

v1lla21

It's always odd to me that GAF has so much more activity on the Pinball Arcade thread. Both games are great and can coexist, and the PS4 version runs beautifully. If anyone needs some competition on their friends list, add me:

Psn: lukewarmmartini
Will add. My PSN: v1lla21

I prefer Zen Pinball primarily due to the tables but I have both games.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Will add. My PSN: v1lla21

I prefer Zen Pinball primarily due to the tables but I have both games.
I need to beat your spider man score! 58 mil or something is a ton though!
Also, each versions scores are independent if each other. I have an awesome score from vita but it doesn't show on ps4

v1lla21

I need to beat your spider man score! 58 mil or something is a ton though!
Also, each versions scores are independent if each other. I have an awesome score from vita but it doesn't show on ps4
I think I've only beat around 4 of the scores you've set. I don't remember what star wars table it is but your score is too damn high. I average around 8mil on it. Lol.

Edit: wait only 1. The other scores are from my dad lol.

So I guess there is no way of importing your steam tables to this? :(

I hoped, as unrealistic it maybe, having the steam app for your ps3 would create a loophole. I love this game but don't like paying twice.

Agent X

No, the PS4 version is missing online multiplayer. See post # 22 here. I hope they consider adding it to the PS4 version in the future.

So I accidentally purchased one of the sets of Star Wars trying to figure out which one I received from PS+. It was whatever and my mistake, but it looks like you cannot import PS4 -> Vita, but can the other way around. So be careful when buying tables and buy them on the PS3/Vita always.

AdamMPSP

None of my friends are playing this, and I'm looking for some high scores to compete with. If anyone is playing this on PS4, add me (maybe put a note on it saying Zen Pinball):

MagicPhone

Anyone else having framerate issues with the game (Zen PS4)? I bought a few tables and most of them have some small issues at some point. Especially in the full table view.

blackflag

PSN - casmith7509

Interested in having more people that play this and Pinball Arcade on my list for friendly competition.

davidmt

I recently got a new TV with 3D capabilities and I'm so impressed with the 3D effects in Zen. The flatness of the upper portions of the table always bothered me on a widescreen display and always preferred playing on iOS or Vita. To me, it was always kind of hard to see the upper detail but not anymore.

Good job Zen Studios! Will be definitely be giving you my money this year.

If anyone wants to add me - davidmt

Duallusion

This is supposedly releasing today (on PS4, PS3, Vita, X360, Steam, iOS, Google Play and Amazon - what about Wii U!?), if anyone cares. I always day-one them; it'd be rude not to, given the price of each table. And there are four of them in the pack this time for the same price.

Anyone getting the PS4 version (doesn't seem to be available on the US PSN yet, it seems) can add me and put my scores to shame: Duallusi0n (with a zero).

Absolutely love what Zen have done, the crossbuy between PS3/4 and Vita was amazing and meant an additional game on my PS4 straight away with a bundle of tables. Will pick up the new one when it launches here in the UK.

Oh and the 3D is amazing.

Top Bottom