• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape 3 announced, Summer 2016. PR: 3DS and Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

also

Banned
Uchikoshi confirmed this will have a 999 vibe to it instead of VLR

EWmof.gif
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Shahed

Cool that it has the vibe from VLR. While I think VLR was more consistently better than 999 and far improved in the gameplay department, the general tone and atmosphere of 999 and final ending made me prefer it overall.

This is Summer 2016 right? Is that US only or Europe as well? I don't mind importing if it takes a while. Heck I imported VLR because I wanted the English voice acting.

redhood56

Banned
So it is
Diana
but she is probably being forced to do that. But that logo on his shirt. I want some cool merch with that logo aksys.

4Tran

Uchikoshi confirmed this will have a 999 vibe to it instead of VLR

EWmof.gif
That isn't a surprise. The reason they went with a lighter tone with VLR was because they felt that 999 was too dark for the Japanese market. VLR ended being even less successful in Japan (leading to ZE3 taking this long to get made), so there's no reason to stick with that decision. Still, this game is looking to be already better than VLR. I do hope that they don't decide to leave major plot points hanging though.

Jintor

Please keep Danganronpa people far away from Zero Escape.

I wouldn't want a crossover, but I'd love to see a collaboration

I really love dr's styyyyyyyyyle, but it almost always falls apart on the actual game design - it always leads the player far too much

NotLiquid

I'm envisioning Uchi calling up Kodaka in a GTA IV style way and going
"AAAYY, WANNA GO TO HOOTERS AND SEE BIG AMERICAN TITTIES"

tokkun

Have they talked at all about how making this game makes financial sense? Weren't we told that the series was unprofitable? Unless it has had a huge tail or the iOS port did really well (in which case it's strange an iOS version is not announced), why would another direct sequel be expected to do any better?

FluxWaveZ

Have they talked at all about how making this game makes financial sense? Weren't we told that the series was unprofitable? Unless it has had a huge tail or the iOS port did really well (in which case it's strange an iOS version is not announced), why would another direct sequel be expected to do any better?

The keyword here is Japan. It was unsuccessful in Japan, while Aksys kept reiterating how the series did very well in North America.

Hylian7

I caught a bit of it, but they said that basically when Uchikoshi tweeted that ZE3 might not happen, they talked about this and worked with Aksys on this since there was a western audience. I didn't catch all of it though.

I caught a bit of it, but they said that basically when Uchikoshi tweeted that ZE3 might not happen, they talked about this and worked with Aksys on this since there was a western audience. I didn't catch all of it though.

I think they talked about how fan demand made them reevaluate things and changed their mind on it.

ZE3 was actually not going to happen. Uchikoshi took up Punchline to show fans that ZE wasn't continuing. The fan and news response to that made the higher ups reconsider.

4Tran

The first two games were designed with Japanese gamers in mind, but they're more popular outside of Japan, so this title will aim more at Western gamers. This should mean no more stuff like VLR Clover's uguuisms, and more old-fashioned science fiction elements.

Really digging how we will have 3 games with 3 different art styles. Although I pretty much shreked in happiness at the end of VLR when
You saw the old-ish style anime portrait of Akane at the end
Maybe something like this again?

takoyaki

I caught around half of the stream, the rest was choppy video/audio drops.

Did they confirm if Shinji Hosoe (music) is back and was there any information on who will do the art (other than showing that piece of concept art)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom