• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma |OT| Skip the first two games? Nein Nein Nein

Hey all I don't know how to proceed any further. I don't have any exclamation marks on my flowchart. Can you please help me without spoiling anything.

Post Door of Truth spoilers below:
I have opened one of the Force Quit Box by typing Vive Hodie. I have also opened the Door of Truth.

1 of the Force Quit Box leads me to a code on the Central Computer which I don't know. The other Force Quit Box is asking me to place mother's mementos. I tried typing brooch and musicbox into it but it gives me error. Does the musicbox have a different name? Also I am stuck at the moment where I have to type Q's helmet code but I didn't encounter it before.

Where do I proceed from here?

You need a space in "music box".

As far as the other stuff goes, have you done all the executions, pressed the shower button with all three teams, and seen all four outcomes from the three way standoff?

put a space in
music box
i had that problem.

As far as the other stuff goes, have you done all the executions, pressed the shower button with all three teams, and seen all four outcomes from the three way standoff?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have pressed the shower button with all three teams from what I remember.
However I have seen only two out of the four outcomes from the three way standoff.
I have only typed Mira and Eric in that section. I typed Gab, Zero and Q but its not accepting. I don't think I've encountered any clues to complete that fragment though.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have pressed the shower button with all three teams from what I remember.
However I have seen only two out of the four outcomes from the three way standoff.
I have only typed Mira and Eric in that section. I typed Gab, Zero and Q but its not accepting. I don't think I've encountered any clues to complete that fragment though.

Well, one of them is
"No one".
Cannot remember the other one.

Dragner

Its funny the reactions of people saying how bad this game is. I remember reading the same reactions from VLR. Im digging the game so far...must be because I never praised the original game that much (thought VLR was better in almost every aspect).

Ok I'm stuck again.
I opened the force quit box and have seen three outcomes of the three way standoff. The fourth answer is not yet obvious to me, so I guess I haven't reached that plot point yet. Also I have pressed the yellow button with all the teams. I have also done all the permutations for the voting of the executions however my C-Team executed button on the global flowchart is not lit.

Christine

Ok I'm stuck again.
I opened the force quit box and have seen three outcomes of the three way standoff. The fourth answer is not yet obvious to me, so I guess I haven't reached that plot point yet. Also I have pressed the yellow button with all the teams. I have also done all the permutations for the voting of the executions however my C-Team executed button on the global flowchart is not lit.

Play D and Q team scenes again and have both teams vote C

Ahnez

Yup that did the trick. A new fragment is unlocked. Is it a glitch or something because I clearly remember doing all the choices. Even the flowchart showed it as done.

No,
the scenes are unlocked based on your most recent choices. Which means just voting for both choices with all three teams is not enough to unlock all outcomes. Thats why those scenes are separated on the flowchart

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I'm a bit stuck now. I've got all but Q-Team's force quit done, no idea what the code is. I need to tell Eric
who Zero is
but I don't know (tried
Brother and Sean
, didn't work). I also have the two less obvious endings in the stand-off still open (tried
Sean
, didn't work.) Doesn't seem like anything else is open.

So I'm a bit stuck now. I've got all but Q-Team's force quit done, no idea what the code is. I need to tell Eric
who Zero is
but I don't know (tried
Brother and Sean
, didn't work). I also have the two less obvious endings in the stand-off still open (tried
Sean

Yup I'm stuck at the exactly same point as you. For one more ending of the standoff
type no one

Has anyone read any of Sheldrake's books? If so which would you recommend?

I know its all pseudoscience BS, but now that I'm done with this series I kinda want to explore the inspiration behind it.

Kid Ska

Yup I'm stuck at the exactly same point as you. For one more ending of the standoff
type no one

Ooooohhhh, okay. I think I tried
none
at one point but didn't go for that. Well, doesn't make me any less stuck but thank you.

Dragner

Im stuck

After jumping with Carlos to the point after he kills akane, he tries to advice Q team about the Portrait, but I dont see a exclamation or something to jump, tried to start the puzzle room again but nothing seems to be changed, the only decission trees I have open are "who killed Mira" (idk this) and "3way standoff" (I cant kill Mira, Or Q dies, Or Eric Dies if I shoot him or Eric intercepts the arrow for that bitch). Idk where to go everything else seems solved

Kid Ska

Im stuck

After jumping with Carlos to the point after he kills akane, he tries to advice Q team about the Portrait, but I dont see a exclamation or something to jump, tried to start the puzzle room again but nothing seems to be changed, the only decission trees I have open are "who killed Mira" (idk this) and "3way standoff" (I cant kill Mira, Or Q dies, Or Eric Dies if I shoot him or Eric intercepts the arrow for that bitch). Idk where to go everything else seems solved

For
who killed Mira
, just
run out the clock. Don't answer.

Kid Ska

Think I might have ruined a bit of the game for me because I was a bit impatient... shit. I'm so lost in the plot now lmao

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I am completely stumped in C-Team's
Infirmary Room in the "Poison" part
, need a hint.

I have the spray, stethoscope, syringe, & barcode reader, checked those drawers which had nothing, need to unlock the lockers & get a card key

Edit: ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
I could've freakin' sworn I tried the spray on the lockers, but for some reason, it NOW decides to work.

Also, what the hell is with the portraits in the Status screen?

Riposte

I am completely stumped in C-Team's
Infirmary Room in the "Poison" part
, need a hint.

I have the spray, stethoscope, syringe, & barcode reader, checked those drawers which had nothing, need to unlock the lockers & get a card key

Edit: ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
I could've freakin' sworn I tried the spray on the lockers, but for some reason, it NOW decides to work.

Also, what the hell is with the portraits in the Status screen?

Same thing happened to me. I don't know why it didn't work... maybe because I didn't zoom in first? That and Biolab took wayyyy longer than they should have for me.

Wanderer5

Well got to the end.
coffee_bye_by_ileeuu-d3cohzk.gif

Sigh man what a game, in some bad or least disappointing ways sadly. Well I just need to get a couple quest pages that ended up missing somehow, and then I will 100% this game.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Just finished this, the ending was pretty meh but overall I liked this a loooooooooooooooooooooot more than VLR, and particularly the puzzles I felt were a lot more straightforward than either VLR or 999. So for me it's 999 >> ZTD >>>> VLR

Honestly, I think VLR got the shaft for me personally just because a lot of things were such a departure from 999 and I absolutely adore everything about that game, but now that I know what I do about ZTD I might go back once my roommate has finished with my copy and play again. Or, I'll just wait until both 999 and VLR are released on the PC and play it again then.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
who Zero is
but I don't know (tried
Brother and Sean
Sean

You sure you have everything? Double check everything, you could be missing a ! somewhere (even if it isn't in the Global flow chart). If you're sure you do and you have the ending
where Sigma and Diana have twins, then you have two more names you can guess for the stand off :)
, but that end might be considered a bit spoiler-ish overall.

As for the Q-Team Force Quit code (or any other password/code for that matter), they clearly state in dialogue whenever you get one of these that you should write it down/remember it because it's important, so if you're sure you have everything you might want to replay some of the dialogue sections to get it. Or, if you're just lazy and want to know what it is, it's

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I find the direction of the decision making a little disappointing in this first half.

ZTD seems to be very straightforward and obvious in good or bad choices, and basically require you to go through all the bad decisions to progress with no hints for which bad choices leads to new options. The presentation of it makes it look like such a big deal when you have a decision time, but decision time doesn't matter if you're going to be forced to pick both decisions eventually anyhow, even if you are clearly walking into a "game over".

I thought so hard when picking a team composition in 999, and I was rewarded by getting only the two required endings. And even though VLR had you go through every team composition and AB round 1 decision, none of them locked you on a "game over" path and the couple of game over paths you can't be expected to predict are surprising and interesting enough to be worth it (Alice and Phi game overs).

I know a lot of people like to clear out every ending no matter how bad it is, so this structure probably works for them, but I can't be the only one that cared about decisions avoiding and trying to bad endings, can I?

I know a lot of people like to clear out every ending no matter how bad it is, so this structure probably works for them, but I can't be the only one that cared about decisions avoiding and trying to bad endings, can I?
Given the nature of the narrative of these Zero Escape games, I'm surprised that by ZTD some people have not accepted the idea that decision making is not for a unique experience. It's more like you're a detective trying to solve this mystery, and you happened to have the power of these characters that can see different timelines and jump to them as well. In that sense, I want to find out everything! Why wouldn't you?

SMG

Given the nature of the narrative of these Zero Escape games, I'm surprised that by ZTD some people have not accepted the idea that decision making is not for a unique experience. It's more like you're a detective trying to solve this mystery, and you happened to have the power of these characters that can see different timelines and jump to them as well. In that sense, I want to find out everything! Why wouldn't you?

Yup. The narrative, character deepening/revelations are sprinkled through out the many timelines. Even the paths that are dead ends give you a greater insight into the world and that's why they exist in the game.

Meia

I find the direction of the decision making a little disappointing in this first half.

ZTD seems to be very straightforward and obvious in good or bad choices, and basically require you to go through all the bad decisions to progress with no hints for which bad choices leads to new options. The presentation of it makes it look like such a big deal when you have a decision time, but decision time doesn't matter if you're going to be forced to pick both decisions eventually anyhow, even if you are clearly walking into a "game over".

I thought so hard when picking a team composition in 999, and I was rewarded by getting only the two required endings. And even though VLR had you go through every team composition and AB round 1 decision, none of them locked you on a "game over" path and the couple of game over paths you can't be expected to predict are surprising and interesting enough to be worth it (Alice and Phi game overs).

You can always do what I do: Only try for the good paths first so you care about not hitting the bad ones, until you get to the point near the 2/3 point(or earlier) where you have to start filling in the entire grid, bad choices and all.

Ultimately, it's up to you to see this group out safely, and there's only way to do that. After all, life isn't fair. :p

Just platinum the game. What a great game to deliver one of the best trilogies that I've ever played. They got a sequel bait at the end but don't care as this game delivered. Great cast minus the crazy people.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Heh I'm stumped at the Healing Room
already set 4-5 keys in the console but can't figure out how to get the key on the left chair (seems like I might have to align it with some pattern on the wall behind ?) and what to do after I filled the glass and jar with water

EDIT : nvm, got it.

Plasma

Banned
Just beat it, I liked bits of it but overall it felt disappointing just because of how disjointed the whole thing was. If I were to rank them right now I'd say VLR>999>>>ZTD.

Burbeting

Banned
Not big spoiler, but putting it behind tags just in case.

My biggest problem with the game was that I didn't feel like my choices had any sort of influence on the game, which was problematic due to game being so reliant on player choices. With all of the fragments disconnected with each other, none of my choices really affected what fragments I could see etc. After making one choice I always just quickly returned to make the other one.

DMiz

Nearing the end. I do think that this game is mechanically inferior to VLR in a few ways; for whatever reason, Decision Time definitely doesn't feel that impactful, and there was something about the way the AB game worked in VLR that was much more engaging.

I think it was the fact that the AB game basically always boiled down to the same 'rules and mechanics'; you always know what the AB game entails, and you are also very cognizant of what rules are being broken and/or the tricks that will get people through the situation.

With the Decision Game, you don't have that consistency - and it's narratively quite frustrating. Sometimes a Decision Game will allow all of us to survival. Sometimes only one team. Sometimes you have to kill somebody no matter what.

It just loses its sense of dread because I never know exactly what the outcome will be, and so the game feels incredibly random and unfair. Contrast to this the AB game, where the rules felt highly adhered to for a large part of the game (although I may be mis-remembering) and, as such, I felt highly oriented to people's individual motivations and the immediate goals per 'route'.

I really hope I didn't just get spoiled by a damn twitter avatar! It was
Akane with a baby icon in the corner. The baby icon
was from one of the posters of the cast in a puzzle room.

Dragner

Game finished. I loved it, not as mindblowing as the 2 first ones but this serves as connection and closes all ties very well IMO. Its a good ending for the mess that formed the first 2 games, so this game had to make some sacrifces to get there.

Im overall satisfied.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I'm about 8hrs in. Despite ZE being one of my favorite series of all time, I'm really, really not feeling this one.

The puzzles and animations are fine. I'm disappointed that the puzzles don't have 2 solutions like VLR and that the animations suck, but they're not the focal point of the series imo.

One of the biggest issues is the memory fragments. They're just as cumbersome as I imagined they would be. Lots of recapping of the older games and revelations in the current game are repeated over and over because they need to consider that any fragment could have been your first.

Second issue is the decision-making. In 999 and VLR, the decisions you make determine what groups you break up into. You end up in different puzzle rooms with different cast. You spend the next hour+ soaking in the results of your decisions. In this game, the decisions I come across are
largely inconsequential. Do I push the blue button or not? How about an RNG Monty Hall problem? Who cares, the cutscene afterwards is 5min long and I'm just going to replay the decision anyway.

Lastly, it's frustrating how much of the game is spent split into 3 completely discrete groups. The interacting as a team of 9 dynamic is gone. I assume they all meet up near the end of the game, but having the first half of the game split up into 3 groups feels like I'm missing a lot of potential character moments.

Since this is ZE, I'm confident that the second half/last act will be phenomenal. Just a shame that playing the first half actually feels a bit like a chore right now.

Top Bottom