• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZOE 3 is coming! It's time for love! OR IS IT?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
well, i missed it the first time around. so...is zoe3 really coming, or is there some catch here? great news if true -- zoe 2 is one of the better games...probably ever.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Shit. You're right. Though I did search and got nowt.

Ah well. Feel free to lock this away...

And yes, it is true. it's on Kojima's site. What more truth do you need!

xaosslug

OM-FREAKKING-G... I recall seeing/hearing/reading no news of this news. AMAZING news to my ears. Makes me wanna go out and re-buy ZoE1-2. ::is giddy::

Andy787

Banned
Wasn't there a thread a while back that was basically the same shit, but not true? If this is the same thing, FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU UP THE ANUS

Sai said:
So is this true? Is it really coming, or is Kojima just talkin'?

That's actually Okamura blog. Which is worrying since Murata (ZOE2's director) is working on MGS4 right now, which means Okamura could be directing this. He was the director of the original.

Andy787

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
That's actually Okamura blog. Which is worrying since Murata (ZOE2's director) is working on MGS4 right now, which means Okamura could be directing this. He was the director of the original.
And if this winds up true, I would just like to add, FUCK YOU

Murata, PS3, or FUCK YOU

Lakitu

st5fu
SolidSnakex said:

I'm sure if he is working on it, he realises the mistakes he made with the first and will want to better the second.

gogogow

Can anyone tell what ZOE2 does better than the first one, cos I haven't played it and can't find it anywhere......
TIA.

gogogow said:
Can anyone tell what ZOE2 does better than the first one, cos I haven't played it and can't find it anywhere......
TIA.

Everything. Better gameplay, tighter gameplay (cuts out the flying from location to location), better graphics, better music, better story. You get the picture. Now go buy it if you can find it still.

Chrono

Banned
What exactly does he say in his blog? I remember a similar thread that turned out to be false. Is this confirmed 100% ?

Flo_Evans

gogogow said:
TIA.

ummm... like everything? :)

lets see:

you are no longer a whiney brat
anime cut-scenes
better controls
better bosses
don't have to worry about silly colonists (well one one level you do)
more varied environments
100x more enemies on screen
ZMOG particles!!

ZOE:

3.jpg

ZOE2:

Zone%20of%20the%20Enders%202%20(1).jpg

gogogow

Thx SolidSnakex and Flo_Evans for the info.
Will buy it when it somehow pops up somewhere.

I've heard that Kojima had a bigger input in the 2nd Runner.
There's actually a signature on the ZOE2 box.
What did Kojima do?

gogogow said:
Thx SolidSnakex and Flo_Evans for the info.
Will buy it when it somehow pops up somewhere.

I've heard that Kojima had a bigger input in the 2nd Runner.
There's actually a signature on the ZOE2 box.
What did Kojima do?

He just produced it like ZOE. The biggest change was Murata took over as director. It was his first time directing a game and he made one of the best action games ever. Although he probably had a hand in the pervy things you can do to Ken in the game.

Vasili2K38

SolidSnakex said:
Although he probably had a hand in the pervy things you can do to Ken in the game.

:lol

ZOE1 was an average and incomplete game, I believe. ZOE2 was a masterpiece of action game. I hope next ZOE will be more like The Second Runner :)

gogogow said:
oic, did Murata worked on something else b4 ZOE2 and MGS4?

He was the scenario director and supervisor on MGS and did some writing in the series. But ZOE2 was his first job as director.

Flo_Evans

ZOE2 was so amazing with all the effects and shit going on at once... I can only dream of what the cell would do for it :D

/pours some liquor out for the emotion engine

as for finding a copy, try Ebay!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I believe nothing until I see glorious concept CGI.

Solid

Funny thing, I actually played some ZOE2 yesterday. The game is goddamn pretty I was saying to myself "what a waste to let such a beatiful serie go to waste. Show ZOE3 dammit!".

Thanks Jesus, for once again listen to me.

D3VI0US

Yeah I didn't hear this news, still I hope to god it's true and it's full blown Earth Vs Mars madness! Sucks that they changing directors, but hopefully they won't change direction I really liked the anime look. Still no press release, nothing official, he just lets it slip on a blog? I guess that's cool I just want something a little more official.

Elios83

So do they actually confirm they're going to do it or it's the just the old news about Kojima wanting the Zoe series to continue although there are difficulties because mech action games aren't successful in USA&Europe?

gogogow said:
TIA.

It looks absolutely fantastic. Best looking playstation 2 game imho.

D3VI0US

Wait wah? What? This isn't even confirmed then it's just poorly translated blog babble? Fuck you evil bastards. Can someone in the KNOW say something clear on this. I don't know what happened two months ago, I just want a simple yes or no. Are they making this game?

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm getting confused now, how many games is Kojima Productions working on? and which team is doing which? I've lost track.

Elios83

Lakitu said:
I'm getting confused now, how many games is Kojima Productions working on? and which team is doing which? I've lost track.

MGS4 PS3
MGS Digital Comic PSP
MGS new game PSP

Don't know others.

gogogow

Lakitu said:
Thanks but I also heard they're working on a Revolution game, a DS game too?
Probably not working on a Rev game, yet.

GI interview:
GI: When I met with you at Tokyo Game Show, it was right after the announcement of the Revolution controller. You kind of mentioned that you were on the team that was working on that. Are you excited about with that new hardware for new productions?

Nojiri: To be completely honest, I have been wrapped up in Ac!d 2 and haven’t even touched the Revolution development kit. Nothing has been decided yet but I am very interested in the Revolution. To be 100% honest, all I have is ideas in my head. I am not working on anything.

D3VI0US

I actually think Boktai would be cool on Rev. Still with all that stuff on their plate how are they gonna make time for ZOE3 to give it the kind of push it needs? Giving it the B squad team and not giving it the time of day! I don't even care though, a slightly upgraded ZOE2 would be amazing but it's just a series that deserves to shine.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ZOE 1 was better IMO. way better camera and less 'hectic'. Hectic can be good until it gets to the point where you aren't in control any more.

Yes ZOE2 had way better graphics, but it was out later. No reason why the graphics on a PS3 version :faints: would be bad just because its by the Zoe 1 guy

D3VI0US

mrklaw said:
ZOE 1 was better IMO. way better camera and less 'hectic'. Hectic can be good until it gets to the point where you aren't in control any more.

Yes ZOE2 had way better graphics, but it was out later. No reason why the graphics on a PS3 version :faints: would be bad just because its by the Zoe 1 guy

ZOE 1 was the tech demo for ZOE 2, if there's one thing that's amazing solid in that game it's control. That and the direction are what makes it so great. That, and the particles but those are a given. I think ZOE will be a great example of diminishing returns cause the game was fucking beautiful.

D3VI0US said:
I think ZOE will be a great example of diminishing returns cause the game was fucking beautiful.

Hmm, you don't think they can crush ZOE2 graphically if with a PS3 ZOE? I'd point you to the Gundam demo, that's from Bandai. Now imagine what Kojima Productions can do on the same hardware with a new ZOE.

SolidSnakex said:
Hmm, you don't think they can crush ZOE2 graphically if with a PS3 ZOE? I'd point you to the Gundam demo, that's from Bandai. Now imagine what Kojima Productions can do on the same hardware with a new ZOE.

ya it would look like CG.

SolidSnakex said:
Sigh...Short term memory?

What? I am saying that if Kojima Productions ever did ZOE3 it would look like CG. MGS4 and and that Gundam game already look like CG to me. Really good graphix

Doom_Bringer said:
What? I am saying that if Kojima Productions ever did ZOE3 it would look like CG. MGS4 and and that Gundam game already look like CG to me. Really good graphix

Oh I thought you were saying the demo was CG (the one at the PS Meeting). Just a reminder for those that forgot how it looks, this is the Gundam game

25215gr.jpg

SolidSnakex said:
Oh I thought you were saying the demo was CG (the one at the PS Meeting). Just a reminder for those that forgot how it looks, this is the Gundam game

25215gr.jpg

Looks like buying Namco was a really good move for Bandai. Those graphics rock! And it was only in alpha stages at that time. Can't wait to see the game at the Feb show.

Top Bottom