• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

Arafo

More info

Hi everybody! Thanks Ubi_Kay for covering some questions. I will add what I can:

The price is $19.99 USD and the equivelant amount in all territories, confirmed. I also confirmed this morning that the game is on schedule as of now and will release on the uPlay store at 9:00 A.M. Pacific time, 6:00 PM Paris time. It should release on Steam, XBLA and PS4 very soon afterward. Though we cannot confirm when another company will ACTAULLY release the game they have a full greenlight right now to release it at the same time as uPlay. I believe the other sites USUALLY release the games an hour after uPlay but this can vary and once again, we have no control over other entities and can only confirm the uPlay release time.

Even when a game is finished and ready for a release testing and tweaking can happen right up to the minute, even if things look stellar we try to make sure everything will go as smoothly as possible at launch. Specs and things have been determined (I wish I could share them now!) though and as of this morning things are actually looking good. I'm not sure what drove the decision to release the requirements until midnight but I can tell you everything is going smoothly as we speak and we are on track for both releasing the FAQ info and for the actual launch

Edited to add: just looked it up and the price in the UK is 15.99 pounds.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ox1-and-PC?p=10969293&viewfull=1#post10969293

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
That mini map's fucking huuuuge lol. It reminds me of map that should be smaller that you then press a button to temporarily make it bigger like it appears in the footage.

Still, port looks decent enough from the footage anyway. Shall definitely be picking this up eventually.

Corpekata

Banned
20 bucks is what I expected, probably snagging it then. Probably up at 10 AM PST on Steam given that's their sort of universal release time.

i thought they would do more to improve the port.. have they shown footage of the PC version?

At $20, I'm not really surprised.

Still likely to pick it up, even if it is just a warmed over port. The premise is interesting enough that I can forgo the best possible visuals.

Now the question is whether the PC version will be better enough to warrant dealing with the typical uPlay garbage. I'm inclined to think that it won't be, but I wouldn't mind being surprised.

MauroNL

Hefty download at 21GB, how big was it on WiiU? Wonder what made it that much bigger now. Higher res textures and uncompressed audio?

eXMomoj

Was kind of hoping they'd at least provide a texture boost of some kind on top of the resolution increase. Graphics are sort of rough...

Certinty

£14.99 on the Xbox Store, £15.99 on the PlayStation Store.

What doesn't help is that I only have £15.22 on my PSN account.

Luigiv

Hefty download at 21GB, how big was it on WiiU? Wonder what made it that much bigger now. Higher res textures and uncompressed audio?

A lot less. Going by memory I want to say around 7GB though I could be way off. I guess I could go downstairs to check but...

MauroNL

Where you getting 21gb? I got just over 10gb to download
Xbox Store page is saying 21.35GB though I'm not sure how big it is when you download on the console, could be an error.

Still on the fence for this. Will wait for a few impressions or reviews to push me over the buying edge.

KiteGr

The game appears a bit... untuched, since it's last gen WiiU version.
From what I saw, the only improvement we can expect is a couple of effects, the framerate, and perhaps a few sharper textures.
Otherwise it looks very dated.

SURGEdude

Anybody find it on the US PS4 store yet? I can't seem to.

I'd rather not opt for the Bone version since I remote play with Vita and PSTV so much. I guess I'll just have to wait. Wonder if the PC build will be more than just a carbon copy of the console builds.

The game appears a bit... untuched, since it's last gen WiiU version.
From what I saw, the only improvement we can expect is a couple of effects, the framerate, and perhaps a few sharper textures.
Otherwise it looks very dated.

Same gen. It´s a port. A downport.

Vibranium

Banned
No Steam achievements as usual I guess. The uPlay team straight up told me they won't do them for some stupid reason. Rockstar does it for both Social Club and Steam, dunno why Ubi can't. I've been asking for that forever.

I'll be playing Zombi at some point I suppose.

kevin1025

Banned
Anybody find it on the US PS4 store yet? I can't seem to.

I'd rather not opt for the Bone version since I remote play with Vita and PSTV so much. I guess I'll just have to wait. Wonder if the PC build will be more than just a carbon copy of the console builds.

Likely 3-4pm EST tomorrow for PSN.

alexbull_uk

£15 on XBL (but £16 for some reason on PSN).

Not a bad price at all, especially as I've never played it, but I'm waiting until I hear about how well it runs before going for it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

WiiU games always (and only) have uncompressed LPCM audio.
Download was just short of 6GB (5741MB).

No clue. It feels slightly smoother than the WiiU version. I didn't notice any performance issues with the WiiU version though, so I'm not a good judge of the tech aspect.

I am a big fan of ZombiU, and from what little I played of the X1 version, I do kind of miss the ganepad. The game is still really fun though.

seph1roth

Is confirmed only Steam release like South park or is another BULLSHIT uPlay+Steam?

This can be the reason between buy it or not, i don't have uPlay, i don't want another f***ng DRM on my PC.

Top Bottom