• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

Karak

Finishing up my review on it. Replaying some bits where the FPS was bad to see if it repeats and at times it does:(

Grief.exe

No Steam achievements as usual I guess. The uPlay team straight up told me they won't do them for some stupid reason. Rockstar does it for both Social Club and Steam, dunno why Ubi can't. I've been asking for that forever.

I'll be playing Zombi at some point I suppose.

Ubisoft doesn't want to create value in an alternate store.

jmizzal

No clue. It feels slightly smoother than the WiiU version. I didn't notice any performance issues with the WiiU version though, so I'm not a good judge of the tech aspect.

I am a big fan of ZombiU, and from what little I played of the X1 version, I do kind of miss the ganepad. The game is still really fun though.

Good to hear, im a big ZombiU fan been wanting to rebuy it, might grab it on Xbox one for another play thru

I wonder how Nintendo feels about them using the U symbol version of the logo at 0:43.

Not having a Wii U, I always assumed when people talked about it that it was a Nintendo title because of the 'U' in the title. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't try to protect that usage. But yeah, associating the 'U' with non-Wii U platforms is even worse.

Cutscenes seem to be same low res. in game maybe bumped up a bit? Definitely runs smoother. Don't think 60 fps all the time, but definitely smoother than wiiu. Crushed blacks are heinous on Xbox tho.

Controls feel smoother too. Tightened up a lot from wii

Don't love the lack of game pad. A big part of what made the game a unique experience for me. Ping is mapped to Y now for example.

ViciousDS

Banned
Cutscenes seem to be same low res. in game maybe bumped up a bit? Definitely runs smoother. Don't think 60 fps all the time, but definitely smoother than wiiu. Crushed blacks are heinous on Xbox tho.

Controls feel smoother too. Tightened up a lot from wii

Isn't the crushed blacks from upscaling? Omg if it's not 1080p on Xbox one this is some stupid shit.

I'm not a technical guy overly, and truthfully I don't generally notice crushed blacks so for them to stand out for me, i suspect others may really notice.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
20GB on PS4. Kinda surprised that its cheaper on PS4 in Australia. Rarely happens. $29.95 on Xbox One.

KBB10a8.jpg

this is playable on xbox one right now right? Anytime I try to launch the game, it just crashes

Edit: nvm...I guess 6th times the charm

This game is so good. What a nice reminder. The controls without the game pad are certainly easier to use and the game is easier as a result. Just completed the first couple missions and off to the palace tomorrow. Great time so far! Worth the buy.

Anung

Un Rama
I played for a little bit and this feels so much better on a controller as opposed to the gamepad. All the systems translate fine as well.

Game looks about the same as the Wii U version.

Karak

Jesus Christ.

I have footage in my review which I will post. I am traveling so its taking longer on my laptop but it easily digs into lower doubles.

Thats not to say its all bad. There are a couple extras special effects passes here and there but...well. It was never a pretty game.

SURGEdude

I played for a little bit and this feels so much better on a controller as opposed to the gamepad. All the systems translate fine as well.

Game looks about the same as the Wii U version.

It's much easier and more accessible. I actually struggled with the original so that's a plus for me, but it certainly makes the game less unique in concept and more general audience friendly.

Glad to see it move past the end of the line it seemed to be at.

shaki123

Just stick to the WiiU version. This seems like a downport.

- No GamePad or similar control device. On-screen thingy doesn't fit in the game's style at all. Looks tacked on.
- Terrible framerate at points
- No real graphical update.
- No MP.
- Not able to leave messages for others.

Yeah. This is a bad port.

SURGEdude

I have footage in my review which I will post. I am traveling so its taking longer on my laptop but it easily digs into lower doubles.

Thats not to say its all bad. There are a couple extras special effects passes here and there but...well. It was never a pretty game.

It felt like I was in slow motion.

The frame rate on the Xbox One version gets really bad.

Just stick to the WiiU version. This seems like a downport.

- No GamePad or similar control device. On-screen thingy doesn't fit in the game's style at all. Looks tacked on.
- Terrible framerate at points
- No real graphical update.
- No MP.
- Not able to leave messages for others.

Yeah. This is a bad port.

No wonder Ubi dropped it out of nowhere. Game deserves better.

SURGEdude

Was probably a under small side team doing the work, just shoved out there to make a few bucks back...

Which is a shame, it's a fun game and yes, it deserves better.

Oh for sure it's a small team. I just wonder how poor the port has to be to miss the low bar of a launch 2013 Wii U title at this point. $20USD or not. This could have been definitive but Ubi is lazy as hell.

Top Bottom