• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

ElRenoRaven

Such a shame. This is exactly what I feared. Instead of doing a good port and keeping everything they could intact they ripped out so many bits that made it unique. The messages and the friends corpses showing up were some of the things that made it so fun. Then with the other bugs you can tell this was shoved out there to try and make a buck instead. Ubisoft has doomed this franchise again.

AGoodODST

Yikes, seems like a very rushed port. A shame, this could have been the games second chance. Now we get to see it not do well enough for a sequel a second time.

I'm a sucker and just started downloading it anyway. Why is it a 22GB download? It wasn't that big on WiiU.

greg400

Banned
Point is that you wrote them as if they were facts. And yes I am salty. Sometimes. Right now.
No I didn't? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that saying something like a UI or visual effects are better is entirely subjective. You're literally shitting up this thread because you're upset over how I worded a couple bullet points. Get over it and go play the game that you likely bought because you're defending it so hard.

jesus...all the doom and gloom in this thread. Game is fine for me, and is fun as hell. I guess I can see it being a downgrade for people who already experienced it on wii u, but I never played that version....This on its own is a great game imo

tusken77

So Eurogamer are saying....

Zombi is very similar to ZombiU; the level layouts for the campaign are identical, and the only real change comes from the lack of the Wii U gamepad's second screen. Digging into your backpack, scanning for items or tearing down barricades now happens on your TV and, rather than it having the effect of losing tension, as some people had feared, I actually think it improves the overall experience no end.

Graphically there have been quite a few changes though, not least the new field of view which allows you to see much more of the game world than before. I've placed the Wii U and PS4 versions side by side in the graphics and gameplay comparison video below, so do give it a watch if you want to see how they stack up. There's also a few insights into the improved lighting, textures and added gore too.

Excellent. Picking it up on PS4. :)

tusken77

good enough for me.

I had always said the gamepad/backpack thing seemed unnecessary.

I've always been interested in this game but never interested in a WiiU. Now I can finally pick up my cricket bat and Simon Pegg it around London thanks to a nicely priced, slightly improved, digital download. Good enough for me, too. :)

WITHE1982

That'll do then. Just bought and remote downloading now. Hopefully it'll be ready when I finish work.

I never played the Wii-U version so £16 seems like a good price for a chance to play through this for the first time.

For those who have played either version how does it compare to Dead Island and Dying Light? I played the shit out them and loved 'em both.

flozuki

Dat framerate downgrade... Don't get why they removed features but it seems a lot of people don't care so Ubisoft did the right decision (pay less, earn more ;) Hopefully people new to the game still like it so they will get all the awesomness in Zombi 2 :D

69wpm

What I see from that comparison is that they made the game overall lighter, which is a pity. The game was very dark and it helped the immersion. You need the flash light a lot in the Wii U version, here it seems you don't need it that often.

Sorral

Still interested, but I won't rush out to get it I guess with its current state and the amount of other games coming out soon. I hope they improve it in the meantime.

Is there any differences between the ps4 and xbox port? If there are none I'll get the xbox version since that machine is a lot quieter.

So...PC version delayed?

Given all the preorder nonsense all publishers do nowadays especially Ubisoft, this is kind of the opposite where you cant even postorder.

antonz

Eurogamer video really did not do the port any favors. Sure they fixed a few textures here and there like a low res warning sign and threw some additional blood decals in some spots but its basically the same but running worse. The most obvious change is how much they increased brightness.In areas where a flashlight were needed on the Wii U they are now no light needed

the game should be on Uplay at 5/6PM UK time, and most likely following that on Steam either at the same time or one hour later more or less. At least that's what I read on Ubi's forums.

What I don't really like about that port is the removal of the "dirty lens" effect...I hope we can get it back in the PC version.

Corpekata

Banned
The PC version was talked about by the Ubi forum a few pages ago. It's coming out at 9 AM PST on Uplay and shortly after on Steam, and was supposed to everywhere else. The regions out now are out early.

tusken77

Is there any differences between the ps4 and xbox port? If there are none I'll get the xbox version since that machine is a lot quieter.

Haven't heard anything about PS4/XB1 performance differences yet, but the DualShock uses the touchpad to bring up your backpack and, like the GamePad, uses the built-in speaker extensively. So, there's that.

Metro said:
In Short: One of the best survival horrors of recent years, that functions almost as well as the Wii U version and offers a mature-rated adventure that is as ruthlessly difficult as it is engrossing.

Pros: Excellently tense atmosphere that is strengthened by some unique features and the use of permanent deaths. Appropriately priced remake that works surprisingly well without a GamePad.

Cons: The gunplay and melee combat are stodgy and unsatisfying. Puzzles are very repetitive. Generally weak graphics. No multiplayer mode.

Score: 7/10

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/18/zombi-review-u-dont-need-a-gamepad-5347877/#ixzz3jA1V0x2I

the game should be on Uplay at 5/6PM UK time, and most likely following that on Steam either at the same time or one hour later more or less. At least that's what I read on Ubi's forums.

What I don't really like about that port is the removal of the "dirty lens" effect...I hope we can get it back in the PC version.

Even if it's not in the options there, just activate it via ReShade then.

cireza

Bought this on Wii U for 5 euros but could never play it because I can't see shit in this game. Felt like my sight was deteriorating every minute spent playing.

Might be interesting if you can finally see something...

Haven't heard anything about PS4/XB1 performance differences yet, but the DualShock uses the touchpad to bring up your backpack and, like the GamePad, uses the built-in speaker extensively. So, there's that.

How does the WiiU/PS4 controller's built in speaker improve the game? Is it more immersive (eg its for things like phone calls from people in the game)?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Not that it's of any consequence in this case, but Ubi withholding the presence of the game from the two services within which it has absolute and instant control is rather odd. "It's a secret!"

Actually going through reviews and watching a few comparrison videos, this doesn't seem to be as big if a disaster as I first thought. More a lateral move overall.

Zombi U was always a flawed game. Interesting, and fun, but no overlooked classic as some would make it out to be.

Zombi seems to keep the overall positives, while upping the resolution, and swapping some negatives around.

I'll pick it up once it's got a deep price cut, same as I did for the U version. Hopefully the frame rate and occasional glitches get patched a bit by then.

Ridley327

They seriously cut out all of the online features? Wow, Ubi must've paid peanuts for this port. Random player zombies was one of the coolest and most intriguing uses of asynchronous online since Demon's Souls, and it had a direct gameplay benefit to boot.

big_z

So Wii U version has:
- better effects
- more consistent framerate
- local multiplayer
- gamepad functionality/superior UI

lol

the ps4 version in the eurogamer video shows its missing some texture mapping and shadowing as well. not a deal breaker but still disappointing

Top Bottom