• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

Is anyone else having as much fun with the multiplayer as I am?

The maps are great, the challenge is well balanced (as long as you play with beginner Zombies) and the game can get really tense at 4 flags all. Initially it seemed like the zombie master had an advantage, late game, particularly with damage increases and the Zombies with helmets patrolling. But, the FPS player just needs to use the auto-turrets carefully and protect them. They also need to find and locate the red 'capping' zombies. They cost 10 resources to create and its a blow everytime the FPS player finds and kills them.

Anyway, having a blast with it. Now needs online, more maps and modes and fucking 5 player! 4 player split screen plus zombie master on the pad.

That would make the multiplayer awesome in ZU2

madmackem

Its a bit good this aint it, when i hear zombies fear goes threw me which is whats been missing from zombie games for sometime.

Is anyone else having as much fun with the multiplayer as I am?

The maps are great, the challenge is well balanced (as long as you play with beginner Zombies) and the game can get really tense at 4 flags all. Initially it seemed like the zombie master had an advantage, late game, particularly with damage increases and the Zombies with helmets patrolling. But, the FPS player just needs to use the auto-turrets carefully and protect them. They also need to find and locate the red 'capping' zombies. They cost 10 resources to create and its a blow everytime the FPS player finds and kills them.

Anyway, having a blast with it. Now needs online, more maps and modes and fucking 5 player! 4 player split screen plus zombie master on the pad.

That would make the multiplayer awesome in ZU2

I've only played a little bit of it, but it was the most fun I'd had playing a competitive game with only two players in years. Though in my brief experience I felt like the player on the ground was at a disadvantage but we probably just needed more time with it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Err, so fairly late game (far post nursery) spoiler advice, because what the fuck?

I'm thrown in an arena and forced to fight for my life with only a pistol and limited ammo. I'm now out of ammo with one infected left. No way to deal damage.

So...what? I just take it and die?

Marbles

Really wanna jump back into this, but I prefer to play it in the dark. But then I am in Scotland so i'll only have to wait another hour or so.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Err, so fairly late game (far post nursery) spoiler advice, because what the fuck?

I'm thrown in an arena and forced to fight for my life with only a pistol and limited ammo. I'm now out of ammo with one infected left. No way to deal damage.

Look around, there is some ammo lying around as well as a health pack and mines.

Finished the game in about 11 hours with 5 survivors. I had a lot of fun, although the "twist" at the end was rather dissapointing.

So i'm trying to get to the Supermarket last night and my radar is pinging for zombies. Nothing. I take measured steps moving forward, making sure to keep my eyes on the screen. All of a sudden my radar detects a zombie! "Where?" I think as I glance down.

Right next to you.

King_Moc

Banned
Just finished it.
What the hell at the ending? I just went through a door and the game stopped. Did they just run out of money half way through?

Edit:
Ah, it carries on after the credits.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Also - I died while trying to reach
the roof of the Tower of London
... and I get the impression this changes the rest/end of the game. What did I miss, or will I miss?

I would like to know this as well. This just happened to me last night and I'm worried I missed something permanently. :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Didja look on top of the bus? I know I didn't realize stuff was up there till after I killed everything. I believe there's some handgun bullets and a couple of mines.

Look around, there is some ammo lying around as well as a health pack and mines.

I have no idea where this bus is. The area is small and all I can find is pistol ammo and a single flair. I quit because whatever, reloaded, and I started as a new survivor because whatever, with all of my progress from my last death deleted. Worked in my favour as I went and scoured my loot back.

Then I did the aforementioned section again and died because of an explody guy despite being sure I was out of range.

Talk about wind of out of sale. What a fucking dumb section to put in a game like this. No idea what is going to happen now and am not looking forward to finding out.

EDIT: Game has dropped in quality significantly for me. Absolutely bafflingly dumb design for a survival horror. No thanks.

I have no idea where this bus is. The area is small and all I can find is pistol ammo and a single flair. I quit because whatever, reloaded, and I started as a new survivor because whatever, with all of my progress from my last death deleted. Worked in my favour as I went and scoured my loot back.

Then I did the aforementioned section again and died because of an explody guy despite being sure I was out of range.

Talk about wind of out of sale. What a fucking dumb section to put in a game like this. No idea what is going to happen now and am not looking forward to finding out.

EDIT: Game has dropped in quality significantly for me. Absolutely bafflingly dumb design for a survival horror. No thanks.

Solution for the entire thing:
The arena kinda sucks. There's two cars with ammo, and inside where the zombies are coming from, there's a medipack and more ammo. There'll be 3 waves initially, one with 4 SWAT zombies, then 1 blighter and SWAT, then 1 blighter and 3 SWAT. Lure the zombies around the gas tanks and shoot 'em.

There's also basically 3 more waves where things open up, but you have access to a couple mines and flares. The first part is pretty straightforward; just lie the mine down where they're coming from to the side of the bus. The second one, run past them and you'll see a mine and flare. Gather all of them up so they're chasing you, then flare/mine/lure. The 3rd part, just make a run for your gear. You'll be strapped up with some stuff and have a moment to breath.

EatChildren

Here's how it played out for me from my latest respawn:

Start arena. Die.
Respawn in arena as someone new. Survive until the very final round, where the preper tells me to hold out a little longer to access the equipment. Die.
Respawn as someone new in the safe house. Preper moans I betrayed him, I have no idea why or how. "Survive the arena" objective is complete, even though I died. I have no idea if I can recover any of my loot from my original survivor. Tried to get back to the arena, and pretty much all the zombies from the first run are reset, making it an absolute chore to do with a new survivor. Died trying.

At the moment I have zero desire to bother playing any more or finishing the game. I will, but fuck. Since launch I've had ZombiU at the forefront due to how addictive and well designed the survival horror aspect was. Then this happens. It's literally like Ubisoft forgot the kind of game they were making, or had amateur hour on the game design front.

Very, very weak game design, even brief, has hurt my impression of the title as whole overall. Should not have slipped through the cracks.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member

It actually is the worst part of the entire game.

Preper moans I betrayed him, I have no idea why or how.

Apparently this is a glitch, since he is supposed to say this later in the game. Happend to me as well.

Oh that sucks. I have no idea whether the old equipment would be there or not.

The last-2-3 hours are actually the worst part of the game overall...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Oh that sucks. I have no idea whether the old equipment would be there or not.

The last-2-3 hours are actually the worst part of the game overall...

You can only kill / loot your equip from your previous survivor. Any survivor before that you failed to kill and loot disappears. I learned that the hard way when I was trying to figure out by the best strategy for hordes early on. :(

You can only kill / loot your equip from your previous survivor. Any survivor before that you failed to kill and loot disappears. I learned that the hard way when I was trying to figure out by the best strategy for hordes early on. :(

That's not the issue.

(late game spoilers)
The gear's taken away during the arena part. No matter how many survivors you go through, the gear is still recoverable at the end of the section. The game has glitched so that the arena is complete but EatChildren didn't recover it so it's not clear whether he still can or not.

It actually is the worst part of the entire game.

Apparently this is a glitch, since he is supposed to say this later in the game. Happend to me as well.

I actually love that part of the game. It really surprised me and it had me at the edge of my seat. I found it to be something that could very well happen in such a situation.

I didnt die in this area either. I just kept running around untill I figured out fully what to do.

It's by far and away the worst part of the game. You're basically guaranteed at least a couple of cheap deaths there the first time through, maybe more depending on how quickly you figure out what the "right way" to do that part is. Took me 4 tries IIRC. It's cheap and should have been redesigned or cut entirely.

There's one of the best sections of the game coming up (IMO) in really short order though and you're maybe 2 hours from the end so definitely stick it out.

EatChildren

Cheers for the thoughts guys. I'm done for tonight I think. Way too drained and pissed off to keep playing, but I'll pick it back up tomorrow, or a little later tonight. I'll try and hoard some weapons, push through to the aforementioned area, and see if any of my old loot is hanging around. My current objective is to collect the rest of
John Dee's letters
, which I assume is nearing on the end game. No idea what is going on with the preper given the apparent audio bug.

If a sequel ever gets greenlit I hope to see none of this shit make its way into the game.

Just a heads up for people buying or planning to buy the USK version.

All USK versions of ZombiU are unable to post screenshots to Miiverse. The game itself is uncut, but in Miiverse it acts as though you don't own the game (no checked box beneath posts) and no possibility to use screenshots.

Just a warning. German censorship bullshit or Ubisoft incomptence. I'll be returning my copy on monday for a PEGI one.

Just found Neogaf user Mistle's body in brick lane. Totally just took all your loot. It'd be great if he actually lost that shit!

Just taken 'Bumhead's' shit too!

oatmeal

Banned
I beat the arena first try. Have to use the gas tanks or the first section, when it opens up, it's a lot of running and flares. Never waste ammo on the riot guys if their helmet is on. Takes 10 shots.

It was ridiculously tense.

I think it would have been better as an optional quest. Like, you can listen to prepper and go back to the safe house and continue or do the arena.

But I dug it. Good to know that if you die, you response in it. If you die again, it just skips it.

It would be awful to do it in Survivor mode. Ten hours and anything can happen.

sakipon

Just a heads up for people buying or planning to buy the USK version.

All USK versions of ZombiU are unable to post screenshots to Miiverse. The game itself is uncut, but in Miiverse it acts as though you don't own the game (no checked box beneath posts) and no possibility to use screenshots.

Just a warning. German censorship bullshit or Ubisoft incomptence. I'll be returning my copy on monday for a PEGI one.

Even if the missing pics are due to censorship laws, there's absolutely no reason to remove the check box from one's posts in Miiverse. It ruins the idea of checking game owners. Good thing you're taking it back.

Don't know if this has been posted by somebody else, but I think I found a game breaking bug. SPOILERS AHEAD!

I have to retrieve some antibiotics to exchange them for gas gaz. So I went to the Kindergarten (which, by the way, is the scariest part in the game yet), kilked that teacher in the basement (that one who warps around after a few hits) and proceed through the now openable door.

A few minutes later, after I grabbed dat antibiotics, I die in the kitchen because explosions and sandwiches don't mix.
Now I can't go retrieve my stuff from my dead former self because I can't open that aforementioned door anymore as there is no prompt that let's me do so.
Which leads me to believe that I have to start over from the very beginning. Which would suck.

Am I screwed?

Don't know if this has been posted by somebody else, but I think I found a game breaking bug. SPOILERS AHEAD!

I have to retrieve some antibiotics to exchange them for gas gaz. So I went to the Kindergarten (which, by the way, is the scariest part in the game yet), kilked that teacher in the basement (that one who warps around after a few hits) and proceed through the now openable door.

A few minutes later, after I grabbed dat antibiotics, I die in the kitchen because explosions and sandwiches don't mix.
Now I can't go retrieve my stuff from my dead former self because I can't open that aforementioned door anymore as there is no prompt that let's me do so.
Which leads me to believe that I have to start over from the very beginning. Which would suck.

Am I screwed?

Not sure. See if you can either
jump down the hole you came in through or if the door at the base of the stairwell that was barred is still barred

Kind of 50/50 on that one, would suck to lose it there.

2 questions : In Buckingham palace, in a corridor leading to a fire (violin can be heard) I killed a dead survivor that carried more items than I could. Does it mean I did not find a bag upgrade ? If so, where is it located please ?

(Plus I still do not have a crossbow, is it normal ?)

Thanks a lot !

Fistwell

Ending spoiler/question:
so what happens if you make it to the helicopter? got swarmed and died like a little shit... ;_;

Does it mean I did not find a bag upgrade ?
you'll come across it soon

(Plus I still do not have a crossbow, is it normal ?)
it was there somewhere in the palace for me, never found i however

It's literally like Ubisoft forgot the kind of game they were making
Yeah, didn't enjoy that part one bit.

Even if the missing pics are due to censorship laws, there's absolutely no reason to remove the check box from one's posts in Miiverse. It ruins the idea of checking game owners. Good thing you're taking it back.

I've allready contacted Ubisoft to check if this is just a bug (since the USK version was patched independently from the others due to a missing easy mode) or if this is deliberately.

If it's deliberate it is a massive dickheaded move by Ubisoft. There is absolutely no need for censorship in miiverse as the access is governed by parents anyway.

I am so sick and tired of not being able to just buy german games (in Austria you allways get both USK and Pegi versions, and with bundles it's mostly USK stuff) as there is allways the fear of publishers over reacting out of fear to get problems with the BPJS.

German censorship laws are out of hand and game developers/publishers really go the extra mile to exacerbate it even further. You couldn't even play Nazi Zombies with other europeans, as the USK version was limited to be played with other USK versions (was patched later I think)

Bumhead

Banned
Just found Neogaf user Mistle's body in brick lane. Totally just took all your loot. It'd be great if he actually lost that shit!

Just taken 'Bumhead's' shit too!

Glad I could help.. haha.

I left a few ugly corpses in a certain section quite near the beginning. For some reason my brain just stopped working during that part. Bleurgh.

My early impressions of this game are incredible.

Sanctuary

This is pretty much what happens, and what you need to do:
First wave you get three riot zombies. You need to lure them all to one of the red canisters (preferrably the middle) and blow it up.

Next wave you get a tank zombie mixed in with a few riot zombies. Herd them up together, run away and blow up the tank zombie.

Third wave you get more riot zombies with a tank that drops down in the room in front of where you picked up the gun. Blow the tanker up right away and then just lure the sole riot zombie to one of the two red canisters that's left.

Fourth wave the kidnapper drops a flare and a mine for you. Simply drop the mine a bit between the pond and the zombies behind the cage and then walk so that they will path towards you and walk over the mine. Finish off whatever is left, and then you will have to run around quite a bit, herding up the swarm of the next wave to grab the next mine that's on a ledge in the back, around where you dropped the first mine near the caged zombies. There should now be some open gates for you to drop down through that were shut before, up on the area with the pond for more ways to escape. Once you have a nice ball of zombies, toss the flare and then drop the mine and walk back so that they path right to you and on to the mine. You should be able to blow all of them up at once this way.

Finally, when you raise the red metal wall/shield, you'll see a button on the left of the door that says activate. After luring the zombies that were behind it away, run back and hit that to drop the wall behind you, preventing the mass of zombies from getting through. The next step you can probably figure out on your own. :)

Don't be afraid to use the shove function. You can body a single zombie all day long by using that and there's nothing they can do about it. Don't forget about the caged fence. You can run through that and shut the door as you're running to give you some space, or trap a zombie in there for more space. There's a flare in the cage and a medpack and some bullets in the room in front of where you picked up the gun. There's also some bullets on top of the dumpster, car and in the fenced cage.

I noticed something very bizarre after beating the game for the second time.
I thought something was odd on my first playthrough, but then I thought maybe I had just forgotten. The door that takes you to Victoria Garden Memorial, magically teleports you to the tunnel that leads to the Tower of London instead.
Yeah, totally makes sense.

panda21

i'm really stuck and confused.

i did the first mission, but at the end when
you get rushed by punks
i died trying to get away.

then the game cut to me waking up as another survivor, and it immediately says 'hey theres zombis coming here go batten down the hatches'.

if i look around theres nothing around i can use to block the doors, and if i just stay put no one turns up anyway. if i go outside the safe area by going out of the chain link door eventually it locks me out and says i need a keycard to get in. then zombis keep coming until i end up with 3 on me at once and die.

i've just died doing this bit 3 times in a row

what am i supposed to be doing?

Man, this game is creepy. Love the balance between the switching of the main screen and game pad. Really adds to the tension and immediately makes me weary of anything in the area.

Xater

i'm really stuck and confused.

i did the first mission, but at the end when
you get rushed by punks
i died trying to get away.

then the game cut to me waking up as another survivor, and it immediately says 'hey theres zombis coming here go batten down the hatches'.

if i look around theres nothing around i can use to block the doors, and if i just stay put no one turns up anyway. if i go outside the safe area by going out of the chain link door eventually it locks me out and says i need a keycard to get in. then zombis keep coming until i end up with 3 on me at once and die.

i've just died doing this bit 3 times in a row

You got to kill the zombies attacking the safe house.

Fistwell

Kill all them zombies.
they'll stop spawning eventually. There are a couple of spots that let you deal with the horde reasonable easily, look for a hole you need to crouch under, if you wait for them on the other side, they'll crawl through and you can 1hko them to hell, just be mindful of stragglers circling around and/or spawning in that general direction. Keep an eye on your radar.

There is nothing more satisfying than throwing a flare, getting a horde of zombies to huddle by it, then chucking a grenade to destroy them all. NOTHING.

Not sure. See if you can either
jump down the hole you came in through or if the door at the base of the stairwell that was barred is still barred

Kind of 50/50 on that one, would suck to lose it there.
I can
jump down the hole, but then I'm stuck there, because I can't open the door that unlocks once you kill the teacher. My stuff and the antibiotics are on the other side of that door. The game even tells me as part of the mission that I have to retrieve my old stuff.

I will try again tomorrow. If it doesn't work then, I'll write to Ubisoft to fix this bug asap, along with a few other minor bugs I noticed, like lights that are visible through the walls and crawling zombies glitching out a bit by reacting like a Slowpoke to being hit by the Cricket bat, which also delays the prompt to One-Hit-Kill them.
At least the latter two are just minor things.

Holy fuck this game is buggy.
Couldn't leave tower of London. "Loading..." at safe house door, try the tunnel out, all the graphics aren't loading, back to safe house door "loading..." then I go up the tower, find EatChildren's 8xxx pt zombie, which he already mentioned he killed, and it kills me.
Exit out of the game with home button, restart game, freezes. Pull power. Back in now.
So much fun though.

Bumhead

Banned
I haven't come across anybody else's zombies yet. Is this something that activates at a certain time or am I missing something?

Also, does the game have any sort of checkpoint saving or anything? I've only played it in one session so far and went back to the safe house before quitting. Do you have to do that every time?

I'm not sure I'll be able to finish Survival, I just don't know the game well enough.
Just died fighting the horde that triggers when trying to open the wall keypad door in the Palace. Thought I was doing well until I was struck from behind and instakilled.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
This game is merciless, or I suck at it, or maybe both, but wow... The onslaughts are kinda tough.

I've got the game down to a science, I understand the mechanics and I know what I am doing.

I am still not immune to death, and one of the biggest reasons is either

A) You start getting overconfident, you feel untouchable and you are... oh god you are

B) You get too worried. I've died from situations where I panicked instead of thinking straight.

The game isn't merciless, but it will punish you for every single time you don't take it seriously.

Edit:

Also, my ammo farming is going well! An hour of farming and I now have... uh... 5 pistol bullets! And 1 more Crossbow bolt! Such a good time!

Top Bottom