• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 Account Linking Reversal

nial

Gold Member
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

leo-j

I mean they had a situation where they may have one of the biggest third person shooters ever to come out from them as a publisher, if not the biggest and were cannabilising its success to grow PSN numbers, so it’s a though one, honestly did not expect them to roll it back, but hey they did it. They should have had psn integration from day 1 tbh if they wanted to do that.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Regardless of where you stood on this, realize what this once again proves. These companies want your money and praise. Respond strongly enough and they will bend.
Sony and most companies have always done this, they act like they're out to get them like some sort of mega evil mastermind that is out to get them lol

Stuart360

PCMR won the fight. Sony has little power against the PC community. let that sink in
PC users nearly always win these situations. Stuff like this happens all the time on PC, and PC gamers stand up to it, and usually (but not always) they get what they want in the end.
Its funny seeing console gamers get so worked up over this, a situation that isnt rare on PC.I suppose it involving Sony got the warriors ruffled!.

This is why PC is the best. Its a community that basically runs the show with no mega corp owning PC. Everyone has to bow to what us PC gamers want in the end. Console users just accept whats thrown at you from Sony and MS.

Last edited:
I don't know who was surprised by this turn of events, but I 100% expected it. Especially after Valve started offering refunds. Honestly, they can still implement the login. They just shouldn't mandate it. Offer some freebie for those who login.
Just take a look at the other 2 threads about it. Quite a few people here, at least, are going to be very surprised.

Learn from this.
Always complain when these corporations try to pull their bullshit.
Don't let yourselves be silenced by the bootlickers who say it's no big deal.

Always this. People will tell you it's insignificant, but if that's the case, why was Sony putting in all that effort to make it happen? Stand up for your opinions, and have the willpower to put your money where your mouth is too.

Varteras

Gold Member
PC users nearly always win these situations. Stuff like this happens all the time on PC, and PC gamers stand up to it, and usually (but not always) they get what they want in the end.
Its funny seeing console gamers get so worked up over this, a situation that isnt rare on PC.I suppose it involving Sony got the warriors ruffled!.

This is why PC is the best. Its a community that basically runs the show with no mega corp owning PC. Everyone has to bow to what us PC gamers want in the end. Console users just accept whats thrown at you from Sony and MS.

Yeah. Being an open platform puts much more power in the hands of the gamers.

Yep, console audiences and specifically console super fans either let things slide or advocate for shitty policies like they are rooting for it like their favorite sports team is getting a "w".

nial

Gold Member
They weren't used to receiving criticism for feeding their fans whatever shit they imposed.
Quoting myself.
Fuck off with this bullshit.
I've no problem with PSN account on PC, but FFS, Sony, was it worth it? You're fuckin' stupid. Modern Sony outside of Japan is shit.
They literally have a Japanese CEO making these decisions.

MiguelItUp

I was genuinely surprised this whole thing was such a "big deal" in the first place. I'm assuming they'll still be moving forward with allowing PSN linking, but making it an option now. Because I could understand them as a brand wanting to make a cohesive PSN experience for their games on PC.

Top Bottom