• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 Players Are Organizing to Revert Negative Helldivers 2 Steam Reviews

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
No politics BUT is people actually that politically brainwashed/braindead, that they are suggesting "woke cancel culture" in event like these? Was reversing always online XBONE also cancel event or something. I just can't. Cybepunk as genre should be fiction, but due to you idiots, it might look just like that. When companies will just run with whatever they came up with it, with zero pushback, because that would be woke cancel culture.

Its almost scary

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

round and round carousel GIF by Paul McCartney

You're now going back over the same talking points that people have successfully argued against. All rather pointless at this stage.
Successfully in what way exactly?

I'm just fascinated by the fact that grown men get mad over such an insignificant issue in life that I want to know what goes on in their heads.

graywolf323

just checked and I gotta say I’m impressed, it went from like what 9% positive recent reviews to 63% as of this morning

recent went from negative to mixed and overall is back in positive

Zathalus

The PC gamers have never complained about X posts are rather dumb, PC gamers have indeed complained about multiple launchers, accounts, DRM, and other nonsense in the past before. On this forum, reddit, Twitter, and numerous YouTube videos.

Helldivers 2 is pretty unique in that the developer has helped create a player base and community that engages with the game heavily on social media and via ongoing changes in the game state. No shit they were going to massively rally behind a cause as a community.

Despite this backlash you can bet your ass other developers and publishers want a player base this driven and engaging. It drivers sales, it is free marketing, and it keeps the game going.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
No politics BUT is people actually that politically brainwashed/braindead, that they are suggesting "woke cancel culture" in event like these? Was reversing always online XBONE also cancel event or something. I just can't. Cybepunk as genre should be fan fiction, but due to you idiots, it might look just like that. When companies will just run with whatever they came up with it, with zero pushback, because that would be woke cancel culture.

Its almost scary

You forgot one of the best examples of historic PC pushback

When Microsoft tried to force PC players to pay for online with Microsoft Gold using the release of Halo 2 on PC and the multiplayer only Shadowrun (lol) it only failed because the PC community pushed back and pushed back hard.

Remember when PlayStation online was free? guess why its not now? Because Playstation owners just rolled over and let it happen. The fact that in this thread you can see the stereotypical PlayStation fan angry that consumers won something is not because of the fact that the PC community successfully united, but because they remember that they failed and hate to see others succeed where they could not.. Admitting another community can push change in the same hobby when they themselves cannot is not something the average person and tribalism tolerates. Hence the insane level mental gymnastics on display here.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

You don't think that's petty whining?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

What are you even talking about at this point.

Who is talking about petty whinning. Microsoft laid it day 0, didn't sell into markets where their service is not present and didn't change months later.

Do you want to create virtual whining about a situation that didn't happen because "MicRoSoFT!" ? Get some help FFS.

We'll be there when inevitably you get fucked over by Sony in coming gens, as long as you can even fucking stand up.

Tomi

Cmon guys, what are you waiting for?
Helldivers 2 needs to cross over 90% positive now
Gogogo

GHG

No politics BUT is people actually that politically brainwashed/braindead, that they are suggesting "woke cancel culture" in event like these? Was reversing always online XBONE also cancel event or something. I just can't. Cybepunk as genre should be fan fiction, but due to you idiots, it might look just like that. When companies will just run with whatever they came up with it, with zero pushback, because that would be woke cancel culture.

Its almost scary

There are still people that defend the Xbox One always online crap and their attempt at making PC gaming paid online via GFWL to this day.

It's not almost scary, it is scary.

Buggy Loop

There are still people that defend the Xbox One always online crap and their attempt at making PC gaming paid online via GFWL to this day.

It's not almost scary, it is scary.

It's a thin fucking wire remaining with the likelihood of next gen being 100% digital. Plenty of anti-consumer patents pending from that Xbox One era drama on both Microsoft AND Sony's side.

There will be a lot of fights to come. Not everything is guaranteed to go pro-consumer or that we win any battles, but looking at how divisive the gamers are on neogaf about what happened with helldivers 2 and PC, It doesn't give me much hope that we stand together to push back the inevitable shit practices. Throwing "woke and cancel culture" into the discussion is so fucking sad.

Man, you really take the grumpy cat larping seriously eh? You, Three and Fabiater need to take the L and go on with your lives.
Be a chad Sony fanboi like Ass of Can Whooping instead.

As you can see from the rest of the thread, don’t count on it. If these bootlickers had any dignity, they wouldn’t be bootlickers in the first place. They are all doubling down even though Sony backpedaled 😆

BlackTron

I'm just fascinated by the fact that grown men get mad over such an insignificant issue in life that I want to know what goes on in their heads.

People complained for the right of people in 177 countries to get their paid game back, it worked, and this is such a significant problem for you that you feel the need to fight tooth and nail to make your point on a forum. "From the sidelines".

Classic projection

Killjoy-NL

As you can see from the rest of the thread, don’t count on it. If these bootlickers had any dignity, they wouldn’t be bootlickers in the first place. They are all doubling down even though Sony backpedaled 😆
Doubling down on what?

Literally nobody in this thread was able to clarify what this supposed L for PS fans is.

Quite frankly, there is no L for "us". We are bystanders looking at the shitstorm wondering wth has happened. Lol

Killjoy-NL

People complained for the right of people in 177 countries to get their paid game back, it worked, and this is such a significant problem for you that you feel the need to fight tooth and nail to make your point on a forum. "From the sidelines".

Classic projection
Fuck off with that, that was only an excuse later on as it wasn't even a "thing" at the start.

King Dazzar

So what's going to happen with GoT? My understanding is that single player will be PSN free, but online will require an account... so I guess the reviews will be mixed

simpatico

Everyone who owns even a CPU with integrated graphics owes a big apology to Sony. Sony is the largest altruistic organization on Earth. They literally exist to entertain us. With no concerns regarding profit motive, they spend billions to make us happy. With HELLDIVERS 2 they simply wanted to give PC players the joy of banning the bad guys. Just to give them a taste of the tempered utopia that is the PlayStation Network. And what did PC players do? How did they respond? They rebuked Sony's generous gift. That's right. Going far beyond not being grateful for it, they actually rejected it and left bad reviews on the HELLDIVERS 2 Steam page. Not sure if you guys understand the scope of this. Sony was giving them a GENEROUS GIFT and they REBUKED it. Well now Sony has retracted their GIFT and PC players have to live in a scuzzy online ghetto of insults, mean words and potentially even slurs. I'm done with PC gamers. If you have a semblance of a conscious, or any respect at all for Peter Parker and Luke Skywalker, you will reject any PC gamers you have in your life. If you made bad enough decisions in your life to actually own a gaming PC, well I think you realize that it must be destroyed. Not just thrown out or recycled, it needs to be rendered unusable. I know console gamers are going to be working overtime to make Sony feel welcome in the space again. Please support them.

BlackTron

Fuck off with that, that was only an excuse later on as it wasn't even a "thing" at the start.

That's the thing you can't seem to accept anything that made this situation unique. If someone has a problem it MUST be because they're whiny or biased against Sony or the like. Any aspect that doesn't make this 1:1 with any other launcher's situation better be ignored or else fuck off lol

Killjoy-NL

That's the thing you can't seem to accept anything that made this situation unique. If someone has a problem it MUST be because they're whiny or biased against Sony or the like. Any aspect that doesn't make this 1:1 with any other launcher's situation better be ignored or else fuck off lol
Yet, those countries weren't part of the issue initially.
As for what people think of Sony, I don't really care. I already stated a couple of times that complaints from those outside of PSN territory were valid.

Having said that, I wouldn't even be surprised if this was a lightning-rod for the news of Xbox closing a handfull of studios.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Yet, those countries weren't part of the issue initially.
As for what people think of Sony, I don't really care. I already stated a couple of times that complaints from those outside of PSN territory was valid.

Having said that, I wouldn't even be surprised if this was a lightning-rod for the news of Xbox closing a handfull of studios.

The issue was both that the requirement was reinstated later *and* that it was made nuclear by the fact that it would break the game for people. Just attempting to become compliant in time in the wrong fashion could end up getting a person banned.

You can't really separate these issues from each other, they don't exist in a vacuum and only exacerbate each other, especially in a MP game with people playing together from all over the world, everyone is going to see and talk about it and form and opinion fast.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Back to mostly positive. Idk if it’ll ever get to its original spot though.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
And some folks have an unhealthy level of hate towards them.

Why don't you share some of that concern you have for helldivers over on the Bethesda news threads.

I'd genuinely like to know how pushing back on Sony's rampant greed equals 'hate towards consoles'.

I've owned every single Playstation since launch. I've celebrated their achievements. In years gone by they've been a company that has at least tried to remain consumer friendly.

Not my fault if they've changed. And its certainly fine for people to be critical of their mistakes, predatory behaviours, and corporate bullshittery.

drganon

I'd genuinely like to know how pushing back on Sony's rampant greed equals 'hate towards consoles'.

I've owned every single Playstation since launch. I've celebrated their achievements. In years gone by they've been a company that has at least tried to remain consumer friendly.

Not my fault if they've changed. And its certainly fine for people to be critical of their mistakes, predatory behaviours, and corporate bullshittery.
Take a look at the dudes post history.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Agree. These console fanboys are giving Sony too many free passes that allows Sony to have such rampant greed.

Sony wanted the PSN account log in so they can show higher MAU to shareholders... thus increasing share price in the company, and their own personal bonuses. They also wanted more people locked into their eco-system so they can sell them their other shit.

There was zero benefit to the consumer.
And the costumer has to pay shit for to log in, and i want to ad that what you say is exactly the MAU playbook what MS is doing for years, so the pot calling the kettle black. And what about the studio closing spree what MS did yesterday...what about that?? But but but Sony

FunkMiller

Gold Member
And the costumer has to pay shit for to log in, and i want to ad that what you say is exactly the MAU playbook what MS is doing for years, so the pot calling the kettle black. And what about the studio closing spree what MS did yesterday...what about that?? But but but Sony

Don't be such a pathetic console warrior. Have some self respect.

Both Sony and Microsoft are the same. Although Microsoft's bullshit this week has far exceeded Sony's last week.

Maybe take a look at the thread I created about corporate bootlicking:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/it’s-way-past-time-for-the-corporate-bootlicking-to-stop.1670204/

Pallas

No shit, that's a given. Never even implied otherwise.
I get it, you love Sony and will defend it to the death, but it’s ok to criticize a company.

Also … if Microsoft is evil, Sony isn’t exactly a saint. Anyway enjoy your day.

Killjoy-NL

I get it, you love Sony and will defend it to the death, but it’s ok to criticize a company.

Also … if Microsoft is evil, Sony isn’t exactly a saint. Anyway enjoy your day.
I'm just saying how they run their business.

Whatever else you and others conjecture from that is on you.

feynoob

What does that have to do with this topic?

Top Bottom