• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 Players Are Organizing to Revert Negative Helldivers 2 Steam Reviews

Topher

Gold Member
bO1Cece.jpeg
8p79qd.jpg

twinspectre

I like pc, I dislike people like you!
Wait... You dislike people wanting their voice to be heard? I love PlayStation, I dislike people that allows PlayStation to do whatever they want.
Heck, they supported a piece of garbage like PlayStation Portal.
Let's see if the PlayStation fans are going to protest about wanting FREE MULTIPLAYER, or GAMES costing more than PC counterparts like Ghost of Tsushima on Steam it is 59.99€ and on PlayStation 79.99€ I really doubt they will protest, instead they love taking the L left and right.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Because it is. Arm-twisting anyone with threats is extortion.

- Gamers review-bombing the game they like just because they didn't want to link to a PSN account is extortion.
- Sony threatening to ban players who do not link to the PSN account is extortion.

This word - it-a not mean what-a you think it means.

Extortion describes the practice of obtaining something via threats or physical force.
Gamers review-bombing a game for a policy they don't like isn't extortion. Punitive? For sure. Mean? Probably. But not extortion. There's no was threat; they did it.
I'm not sure you described Sony's stance correctly. They're enacting a policy on media they distributed; I haven't checked the TOS but I'd bet policy changes on access are buried in there. They'd notified people beforehand too. Is it unfair? Yeah. But not extortion.

Pallas

Because it is. Arm-twisting anyone with threats is extortion.

- Gamers review-bombing the game they like just because they didn't want to link to a PSN account is extortion.
- Sony threatening to ban players who do not link to the PSN account is extortion.
Review bombing is not extortion… what the actual fuck.

A large majority of steam players do not like a function, so they let publisher know via review bombing, because it’s a good way to get your message out that you aren’t a fan of said function/feature of said game. Sony realizing the account link for steam players is largely unpopular, backtracks. We’ve seen companies do this a lot, he’ll this isn’t the first time Sony has backtracked on something because of gamer backlash.

You even had the developers come out and said that they were siding with the gamers.

Unhinged?

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Review bombing is not extortion… what the actual fuck.

A large majority of steam players do not like a function, so they let publisher know via review bombing, because it’s a good way to get your message out that you aren’t a fan of said function/feature of said game. Sony realizing the account link for steam players is largely unpopular, backtracks. We’ve seen companies do this a lot, he’ll this isn’t the first time Sony has backtracked on something because of gamer backlash.

You even had the developers come out and said that they were siding with the gamers.

Unhinged?
Reviews are for judging the quality of a game. It is not for forcing developers to not implement a feature that buyers agreed to before buying the game.

Do you really not see anything wrong with this?

- A dev lists its game and mentions features and requirements that will be in the game.
- Gamers agree to that and buy the game.
- A few months later, devs try to implement said feature.
- Gamers threaten to review-bomb the game if the dev pushes the feature that both parties agreed on earlier.

What do you call that?

Review bombing would have been completely justified if Arrowhead/Sony never said that PSN linking would be a requirement before its release date.

This is good news. Arrowhead don't deserve to have their game fucked up because Sony are a bunch of greedy ass bastards.
Why you aree calling Sony a buch of greedy ass bastard? You only had to sign in on a PS account, you didn't have to pay shit.
Ii agree it was a bad move and is great they backtracked that decision, so gamers won this time. But your comment makes zero sence....

feynoob

I'm well aware.

But this outcry over creating an account is one of the most petty things I've seen in years.
Because you are not understanding the context or the situation.

Like I said to GHG GHG , people don't care about it, because its not happening to them. That is you in this context right now. You think that this situation is a minor inconvenience thing and that this outrage is nothing.

Killjoy-NL

Because you are not understanding the context or the situation.

Like I said to GHG GHG , people don't care about it, because its not happening to them. That is you in this context right now. You think that this situation is a minor inconvenience thing and that this outrage is nothing.
What exactly was going to happen, outside of those from unsupported countries, for which a solution was being discussed?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Why you aree calling Sony a buch of greedy ass bastard? You only had to sign in on a PS account, you didn't have to pay shit.
Ii agree it was a bad move and is great they backtracked that decision, so gamers won this time. But your comment makes zero sence....

Sony wanted the PSN account log in so they can show higher MAU to shareholders... thus increasing share price in the company, and their own personal bonuses. They also wanted more people locked into their eco-system so they can sell them their other shit.

There was zero benefit to the consumer.

Killjoy-NL

Sony wanted the PSN account log in so they can show higher MAU to shareholders... thus increasing share price in the company, and their own personal bonuses. They also wanted more people locked into their eco-system so they can sell them their other shit.

There was zero benefit to the consumer.
Why do you think Sony is expanding to PC? Philanthropy?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Why do you think Sony is expanding to PC? Philanthropy?

Ah, so we should just accept whatever conditions Sony decides to place on their products, because they are a business and they want to make money, and we should just let them?

If your argument boils down to 'companies want to make money, so you just have to do what they say' then you're making no argument at all... unless you work for Sony/ have shares in Sony, in which case your opinion is hopelessly biased and can be safely ignored.

Killjoy-NL

Ah, so we should just accept whatever conditions Sony decides to place on their products, because they are a business and they want to make money, and we should just let them?

If your argument boils down to 'companies want to make money, so you just have to do what they say' then you're making no argument at all... unless you work for Sony/ have shares in Sony, in which case your opinion is hopelessly biased and can be safely ignored.
Why did you buy Helldivers 2 then?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Why did you buy Helldivers 2 then?

So... if you purchase a company's product, you lose your right to complain about the service you are provided with? Is that your actual, factual answer to why you think it's okay for them to engage in whatever bullshit they like?

Killjoy-NL

So... if you purchase a company's product, you lose your right to complain about the service you are provided with? Is that your actual, factual answer to why you think it's okay for them to engage in whatever bullshit they like?
Why buy a game from an evil company to begin with?
I never bought a single Xbox product for mainly that reason, for example.

Which makes it all the more funny, when you realize that to play SoT on PS5, you need to create a MS account.

Why is there no outcry over that? No PC solidarity?

Or maybe it's not a big deal at all.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Which makes it all the more funny, when you realize that to play SoT on PS5, you need to create a MS account.

And there you have it. You're so hopelessly in the weeds on this because you're a Sony fanboy that you have stopped being able to see logic when it's right in front of you.

If another company does it - pitchforks. If it's Sony, though?

Go read my thread about this. I don't want repeat myself here.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

And there you have it. You're so hopelessly in the weeds on this because you're a Sony fanboy that you have stopped being able to see logic when it's right in front of you.

You conveniently ignored the part about Sea of Thieves and the requirement of a MS account on Playstation.

yurinka

Achieved "mostly positive" status again, basically 70% of positive reviews. Between yesterday and today it got so far over 240K positive reviews:

image.png

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Reviews are for judging the quality of a game. It is not for forcing developers to not implement a feature that buyers agreed to before buying the game.

- A dev lists its game and mentions features and requirements that will be in the game.
- Gamers threaten to review-bomb the game if the dev pushes the feature that both parties agreed on earlier.

What do you call that?

Review bombing would have been completely justified if Arrowhead/Sony never said that PSN linking would be a requirement before its release date.

Oh christ, no, no and fucking no.

It's not fucking hard to understand, but every so often you get someone with the mistaken belief of the higher art form gaming review.

So let's get strait to the point, Steam is a store front that sells products, it is not a fucking magazine for critical game reviews and talking about the art form.

It is a store front, people review the products, just like amazon. If people are not happy with the product that has been sold to them, and it can be any reason at all, then as a consumer they leave a negative review OF THE PRODUCT.

I don't get how people have this issue, it's like if you look at movie reviews on amazon most talk about what's included, the packaging, if the disc didn't run on their player etc etc. Because this is a review about the Product being sold, not the fucking critical review.

That simple, and its how it's always worked.

Last edited:

BlackTron

The guys name is literally Killjoy, he gave us a massive hint about his purpose here that we aren't willing to take lol. His logic is sound until you hit him with the a few facts that were conveniently looked over and ruin everything, then it's logical fallacies and deflections to punish you for it until you give up.

Sony rolled out a change that literally broke the game (but not if you live in his country) and if you stand up against that, he thinks it's "petty whining." Why give him any more attention. Let him think everyone is wrong except him. We lose nothing, and he is still an unhappy disgruntled cat.

Edit: I think we all know this comes down to something else too, an inability to admit you may have been wrong for things said before they reversed the decision. Now history will literally get changed before some people admit they did or said the wrong thing

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
You conveniently ignored the part about Sea of Thieves and the requirement of a MS account on Playstation.

No. I didn't. Because it isn't relevant. Sea Of Thieves launched with unavoidable, unskippable MS account requirements from the outset (which is still bullshit, by the way).

Helldivers 2 launched with the requirement completely skippable. At no point was the PSN account needed to play - until Sony decided it was, when they saw the game being very popular, and were desperately unhappy to missing out on all that MAU and potential customers. So they demanded an account all of a sudden. Which made the game illegal in 177 countries.

With every post you prove my point: console warriors will defend whatever their company does, because they are well trained.

Last edited:

Pallas

What do you call that?

I call it a way for gamers to get their voice heard on an unpopular function of a great game. If you are gonna require players to make a PSN account, Xbox account, Nintendo, etc then you need to have it ready when the game launches.

A few months later? Players may not even be aware or had forgotten about the requirement. We can agree to disagree on this. I realize review bombing is a gray area, but as you can see, players are working to reverse that negative review score after Sony decided to backtrack on the requirement. We can agree to disagree, if Xbox had did something similar, and they might've, because that’s a shit show in itself, I’d give them the same shit.

As for getting refunded, I wouldn’t agree if you put hundreds of hours into it but that’s Steams prerogative.

Or maybe it's not a big deal at all.
Sony isn’t evil? Cmon man … Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo… they just want your money. They do not care about us, we are just a statistic, a MAU. They provide a product, we buy it. We aren’t best friends.

Killjoy-NL

No. I didn't. Because it isn't relevant. Sea Of Thieves launched with unavoidable, unskippable MS account requirements from the outset (which is still bullshit, by the way).

Helldivers 2 launched with the requirement completely skippable. At no point was the PSN account needed to play - until Sony decided it was, when they saw the game being very popular, and were desperately unhappy to missing out on all that MAU and potential customers. So they demanded an account all of a sudden. Which made the game illegal in 177 countries.

With every post you prove my point: console warriors will defend whatever their company does, because they are well trained.
This is kinda false, because even Arrowhead confirmed that it was always intended to have a PSN requirement, but due to the launch-issues, they temporarily made it optional.

And you dgaf about people from those countries. Let's be real.

Vice-versa, people like you keep proving how self-entitled and spoiled PC gamers are.

Killjoy-NL

Sony isn’t evil? Cmon man … Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo… they just want your money. They do not care about us, we are just a statistic, a MAU. They provide a product, we buy it. We aren’t best friends.
No shit, that's a given. Never even implied otherwise.

Bro you hate Sony so much, even reason can't get through to your thick skull.

Never was there such an outcry over an additional EA account needed, battle.net, Ubisoft, MS games etc ALL available on Steam and ALL needing an extra external account. Go to PC Gamepass, download Facr Cry 5: EA Play login please!! Assasins Creed? Ubisoft please! Play MultiVersus? Warner Account please!
There are more smaller titles needing an independent login.

But because it's Sony you're clearly getting a hard-on by raging about it as a foaming, clueless lunatic.

Hell, remember needing an account for the Quest headsets? People lost their minds, Facebook didnt do anything about it and it still sold by the millions.

Now you have a company actually LISTENING (albeit forced of course) and reverting something which was clearly stated as mandatory from the beginning and here you are. Still spouting rants.
Just because you clearly hold a grudge against Sony.

And then on top of it you call someone who disagrees a fanboy. Coming from a clear hater, this hold no value whatsoever.

I'm on PC and have accounts for whatnot. Why get your panties in a twist about just 1 more?

Your personal data is already all over the internet. There's no avoiding it. Companies share consumer information since the internet exists..........

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This is kinda false, because even Arrowhead confirmed that it was always intended to have a PSN requirement, but due to the launch-issues, they temporarily made it optional.

And you dgaf about people from those countries. Let's be real.

Vice-versa, people like you keep proving how self-entitled and spoiled PC gamers are.

round and round carousel GIF by Paul McCartney

You're now going back over the same talking points that people have successfully argued against. All rather pointless at this stage.

Top Bottom