• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whining about something as little as making an account is how PC has free online.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Just look at the aiming assists on consoles without any cheating or aimbots, just default console assists

What a fucking joke. Calling these competitive shooters is a gag, must be. Then add the aimbots directly connected to consoles and really, I fail to see how PC can be pointed any fingers at for "cheating". VAC 2.0 or Epic's easy anti-cheat are generally pretty fucking good comparatively.

It's not cheating if everyone cheats.

Fabieter

both lose revenue for devs. its just one is accepted while the other is stealing.

Wdym accepted? It's a physical good. And it's honest work to sell physical goods. Imagine telling those people they are basically like a torrent site what the actual fuck. Imagine blaming you buying a used car and no one can cash in and telling you that's basically like stealing.
This comparison is really shitty.

Did you know that when you buy a pc key on cdkeys and the key was stolen that the devs get a chargeback. It can cost devs money when you buy the wrong keys online which basically makes it even worse than piracy.

feynoob

Wdym accepted? It's a physical good. And it's honest work to sell physical goods. Imagine telling those people they are basically like a torrent site what the actual fuck. Imagine blaming you buying a used car and no one can cash in and telling you that's basically like stealing.
This comparison is really shitty.

Did you know that when you buy a pc key on cdkeys and the key was stolen that the devs get a chargeback. It can cost devs money when you buy the wrong keys online which basically makes it even worse than piracy.
Both play the game. Both dont bring revenue to devs. They are the samething. Only difference is one is illegal and the other isnt.

Fabieter

Both play the game. Both dont bring revenue to devs. They are the samething. Only difference is one is illegal and the other isnt.

If I buy a used copy of helldivers 2 I can still buy a shitton of addons and mtx and make them money anyway unlike actually stealing from them. And people selling those have more money to buy new games. It isn't as easy as you make it out to be.

This is all Phil Spencer's fault.
tina turner auntie entity GIF

Lorianus

But the point isnt console vs pc. The point was that as a PC gamer. The precedent for paying for online access to a game exists.

The OP speaks like it's some crazy myth coming over the hill to get us. It already exists.

The thing is sony does not host servers for most of its multiplayer gaming content, they f'ing charge people for local host lobbys or p2p mp games, people are PAYING sony for THEIR own bandwith that they already payed their ISP for lol.

Last edited:

feynoob

If I buy a used copy of helldivers 2 I can still buy a shitton of addons and mtx and make them money anyway unlike actually stealing from them. And people selling those have more money to buy new games. It isn't as easy as you make it out to be.
It's crazy to read this dude, come on
That's a pretty big difference my man.
My point stands.

Devs will not see money from your used copy, unless it's a live service game.

People like to bring pirated games losing money for devs, but not the actual used physical copies that keep getting circulated in the consumers hands.

A used copy can be repurchased as long as it works fine.

One is good for consumers, while the other is a blatant theft of a product.

Crazy point, but that is the uncomfortable truth people don't want to hear.

I think if more PlayStation and Xbox gamers whined as much as PC gamers, then maybe the PlayStation and Xbox stores wouldn’t be the closed off, over priced walled gardens that they are, where corporate greed always wins.

The level of corporate bootlicking over this whole drama has been quite something to behold.

If it had been a Microsoft game, and they’d decided to demand a sign up months after a game‘s launch, the Sony fans would have been jumping all over them.

Meanwhile, everybody else has to put up with a worsening video games industry, because so many idiots will just give a pass to corporations that do scuzzy things, because they have formed a weird attachment that means they’ll eat any slop they’re given with pleasure, and say thank you when they get fucked.

It’s quite unbelievable.
Lol, na. I think gamers voice their opinions on bs, either on consoles or PC. PS gamers complained about PS being the first to go to $70 gamers and the ps plus increases, when the service really hasn't improved. MS got so much push back about 3 or 4 years ago when they wanted to double the price to play Xbox live, that that plan never even reached market. I mean ffs, MS is currently getting heat for updating starfield, a positive thing for gamers! Just because these options in that update weren't available at launch of the game.

At the end of the day, all these corps are just gonna follow the money. Bitching and complaining over something as stupid and harmless as a psn account is pointless, especially when it hasn't seemed to impact player counts or anything like that. Like, not only are separate accounts already a common practice in this industry, it's even common outside of it. Couldn't even begin to tell how many dumbass accounts I have for some companies as I bought a product and I couldn't just check out as 'guest' and needed to sign up. I don't go and cry about it and leave a negative review, which probably takes longer than the actual process in making an account.

So if that makes me and other people like this a "cooperate bootlicker", than so be it. I'll choose to pick my battles with corps over issue that are actually harmful to me as a consumer and not this nothing berger.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Just look at the aiming assists on consoles without any cheating or aimbots, just default console assists

What a fucking joke. Calling these competitive shooters is a gag, must be. Then add the aimbots directly connected to consoles and really, I fail to see how PC can be pointed any fingers at for "cheating". VAC 2.0 or Epic's easy anti-cheat are generally pretty fucking good comparatively.

Not to mention 90%+ of console players are on wifi. Ill take my chances running into a cheater over playing against wifi warriors. All the fighting games have crossplay and tell you if your opponent is on wifi, and I skip almost 100% of matches against console players because they’re all on wifi.

Fabieter

My point stands.

People like to bring pirated games losing money for devs, but not the actual used physical copies that keep getting circulated in the consumers hands.

I bought cyperpunk77 used and bought their addon day one. The guy who sold it to me bought a new game afterwards which he wouldn't have otherwise.

There is a discussion to be had that reselling needs to be a thing with digital goods.

If you wanna spin it more, an official second hand shop is paying taxes. Those taxes can help to create a better environment for devs in the future. Some devs get loads of tax money.

Actually iam disgusted by the comparison.

Zheph

My point stands.

No your point certainly doesn't stand.

feynoob

I bought cyperpunk77 used and bought their addon day one. The guy who sold it to me bought a new game afterwards which he wouldn't have otherwise.

There is a discussion to be had that reselling needs to be a thing with digital goods.

If you wanna spin it more, an official second hand shop is paying taxes. Those taxes can help to create a better environment for devs in the future. Some devs get loads of tax money.

Actually iam disgusted by the comparison.
No your point certainly doesn't stand.
We are talking about devs side.

You as a consumer buy what you want.

These devs offer a product. You buy their products physical copy or digital copy.

Once they sell a physical copy, they won't earn a cent from that copy, unless you buy something from their mtx or adds on.

If you as a consumer sold that copy, the devs won't see any sale from it. People who buy them won't contribute to their revenue. They will lose money from those consumers who otherwise would have bought them.

So if you buy a used physical copy without any adds one from their storage, they won't see anything from you as a consumer.

Don't really need to explain that much longer.

Fabieter

We are talking about devs side.

You as a consumer buy what you want.

These devs offer a product. You buy their products physical copy or digital copy.

Once they sell a physical copy, they won't earn a cent from that copy, unless you buy something from their mtx or adds on.

If you as a consumer sold that copy, the devs won't see any sale from it. People who buy them won't contribute to their revenue. They will lose money from those consumers who otherwise would have bought them.

So if you buy a used physical copy without any adds one from their storage, they won't see anything from you as a consumer.

Don't really need to explain that much longer.

Well if you think so

Sleepwalker

FIFA is free on PC and WoW is not free on consoles and still can be free on private servers.

Not give my money to Valve is doing nothing?

FIFA is free to play online on PC yes (not the game tho)

But as probably the person who plays the most FIFA in this entire forum, you do not want to play fifa online on PC, it's extremely fucked up. From people making their teams invisible, to lagging you out of games (and giving themselves a win), to awful anticheat and low playerbase.

If you want to play fifa online in any semi serious capacity you unfortunately have to do it on console.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
FIFA is free to play online on PC yes (not the game tho)

But as probably the person who plays the most FIFA in this entire forum, you do not want to play fifa online on PC, it's extremely fucked up. From people making their teams invisible, to lagging you out of games (and giving themselves a win), to awful anticheat and low playerbase.

If you want to play fifa online in any semi serious capacity you unfortunately have to do it on console.
I don't have to play with randoms.

We literally have.

With respect, not really. The link you provided concerns primarily game preservation, only a single facet of digital ownership. I’m talking about consumer rights, duplicating ownership in the same manner that one would have if they owned something physical. When you purchase a digital game, you own a software licence - yet you cannot sell or trade that licence. Thats one of the biggest reservations advocates of physical media have in the push towards an all digital future. It’s utterly anti-consumer and is perplexing to me why gamers aren’t completely up in arms over this. I find it baffling.

bender

What time is it?
It’s utterly anti-consumer and is perplexing to me why gamers aren’t completely up in arms over this. I find it baffling.

People are lazy, often aren't overly concerned with quality (more of an issue for movies/music) and digital libraries are really convenient.

Red5

I don't know why everyone keeps moving the goal post. The point is PC gamers have paid before to play a game online.

WoW literally didn't work unless you as a PC gamer paid a subscription correct?

Because you're comparing two entirely different concepts, subbing for an MMO has always been a thing since Ultima Online but we never had to pay for online MP for Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike, Tribes or MerchWarrior or every other game. Which is proven by the fact that Microsoft tried to bring its concept of paid for online, XBL, to PC's with GFWL.

GFWL started with having paid for online MP for RTS and FPS games like Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2, that didn't even last a year.

P.Jack

No way I go and talk shit about company I work for and not get fired lol.
Arrowhead is a swedish company. He could show up to work drunk as fuck and still not get fired, no matter what his bosses or the company owners think of it.

rofif

Banned
Sure we whine.

Then we proceed to open accounts for steam, epic, 2k, ms, ubisoft, ea, gog and ummm, what else?

Help me out fellow masterracers!
Yep. At least I whined and proceeded to never create epic store account after what they did with metro exodus release.
I whined more and moved to console. At least I stand by my words and principles

Holammer

Arrowhead is a swedish company. He could show up to work drunk as fuck and still not get fired, no matter what his bosses or the company owners think of it.
Yes and no. You can fire a person for being drunk on the job, but there's usually an expectation to have an intervention and talks before that happens.
Talking shit about your company conflicts with "lojalitetsplikten" (lit: loyalty duty) and even the trade unions won't protect you if you get fired.

P.Jack

Yes and no. You can fire a person for being drunk on the job, but there's usually an expectation to have an intervention and talks before that happens.
Talking shit about your company conflicts with "lojalitetsplikten" (lit: loyalty duty) and even the trade unions won't protect you if you get fired.
Ha, unexpected response!

You can not fire an alcoholic by law, since it’s considered a disease. Being drunk once or thrice will not get you fired either, unless there are special circumstances or if there is a big probability of it happening again.

On the other hand, as you point out, the loyalty of duty could very well get you fired for talking shit. Even more so if it’s done publicly.

However, in this case, he is doing his job as a community manager. Whether he is doing it good or not isn’t grounds for firing him in any case.

IAmRei

I really think this could mean goodbye to potential pc ports like Demon Souls, and an adjustment to their GAAS PC and mobile plans. Sony probably feels like they've been back stabbed, as PC players cant even reciprocate the love back by creating a free PSN account to play a game they enjoy. I think its time for a game like Foamstars to get a new PC release..

Girl Smile GIF

They are companies...

They love us? They love our wallet btw, not us.

We are fishes who drawn upon bait, instead to give our flesh, we give them wallet. Which worked like flesh too for them to consume.

Hudo

I really think this could mean goodbye to potential pc ports like Demon Souls, and an adjustment to their GAAS PC and mobile plans. Sony probably feels like they've been back stabbed, as PC players cant even reciprocate the love back by creating a free PSN account to play a game they enjoy. I think its time for a game like Foamstars to get a new PC release..

Girl Smile GIF
Dude, Sony is a fucking company, not your friend or your lover. They're here for your wallet.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Girl Smile GIF

Absolutely has to be a troll post. You’d have to be cucked so hard to Sony to believe all of this that Jim’s cock must be in your mouth.

You’re either a comedy genius, or someone with some very bad issues.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
again, that only console players are complaining about.

As someone who talks to actual PC players and plays on PC, the cheating situation is not that crazy.
So you do not play on pc because the cheating is insane at times.
Maybe depending on game age but again - Battlefield 5 is unplayable even with new anti cheat patched last month.
I watch warzone streams and constantly there is someone under the map.
Cheating is rampant. It's the one point you cannot disregard

StereoVsn

Wait what?

Is there not a thread about this....cuz this is the first im hearing of it.
There is a thread for that.

1. Amount of countries PSN is available in is a lot smaller vs Steam. A LOT smaller.
2. Enforcing PSN on the game forces people to create the account except they can’t officially.
3. In some countries like Ukraine Sony requires a console to create the account.
4. In some countries like UK or Ireland Sony requires a facial scan or picture ID sent to them to create an account. This just started apparently.
5. Steam started banning sales in region where PSN is not available, which includes China. That has the most player population on Steam.
6. All of this has been force post launch.
7. Steam is offering refunds for regions above.

But yes, common corpo stans, keep talking about this like people were too lazy to just create the accounts so it’s a fake outrage.

DaGwaphics

Paid online, sure, that's a real expense in $. And, even on the console side, when the online was first introduced on DC/Xbox it was a new thing that was offering features that were not readily available for free even on PC (voice chat, unified friends list, etc.). The console online tax looks like a much worse deal than it did back then (all the PC stores offer most of the features and free voice chat is available).

Downloading a launcher or creating an account isn't that big of a deal.

Gojiira

Banned
While I dont agree with Sony pulling HD2 from sale in countries without PSN, the mass review bombing for a otherwise excellent game will have huge ramifications…Firstly sales will slow as will Warbond sales, updates will then slow, player count will drop and of course that will mean its service will end much sooner. But the biggest kicker is if this truly negatively impacts the game then no Helldivers 3…Honestly PC gamers begged for trophy support etc and PSN is needed for that. Instead of killing the game though they should be pushing Sony to rollout PSN support in the other countries…Or maybe this will just show Sony how not to handle PC releases, who knows.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
There is a thread for that.

1. Amount of countries PSN is available in is a lot smaller vs Steam. A LOT smaller.
2. Enforcing PSN on the game forces people to create the account except they can’t officially.
3. In some countries like Ukraine Sony requires a console to create the account.
4. In some countries like UK or Ireland Sony requires a facial scan or picture ID sent to them to create an account. This just started apparently.
5. Steam started banning sales in region where PSN is not available, which includes China. That has the most player population on Steam.
6. All of this has been force post launch.
7. Steam is offering refunds for regions above.

But yes, common corpo stans, keep talking about this like people were too lazy to just create the accounts so it’s a fake outrage.

FUCK!

428YLgF.png

Top Bottom